killer2themx

Tarps in Dayz (and rain ponchos)

So, tarps. A tarp, if you are unsure, is a tarpaulin sheet or cover as defined by Google. What I suggest is that we add tarps, and they can be used for all sorts of crafting recipes. First, they can be used to place at a camp or to waterproof something by wrapping it and tying it off with rope (maybe). But, it can also be used to make items such as a makeshift tent. This would be made with a long wood stick, a tarp, and rope. It will look like a diamond fly tarp shelter. Look it up on Google. You can store stuff in these tents, but not much. Now, another idea is for a waterproof backpack. This would be made a tarp after you cut it up (use a knife), rope, and a stick (like the makeshift backpack). This would be a backpack to prevent water damage and would hope the same amount of items as a makeshift backpack carries right now. Next, it would be able to make a rain poncho. Now, a rain poncho is an idea that I also have. I thought that they might be able to be found throughout the map in civilian and military loot spots. The rain poncho would cover your gear but provide no storage. Now, people could make a makeshift rain poncho by cutting up a tarp and using it and using a sewing kit or a leather kit, you could make the poncho. 

I hope you guys like the idea, let me know if you have any questions :)

A tarp can also be used to make a simple boat. Also as a rain catcher. To black out windows.

I doubt it will appear in the game. I would not be against it but I would rather first see a camouflaged small tent, like we already see in the miltary camps.

Also, tarps or sheets you would find in Chernarus would typically be used by farmers (to cover hay and truck loads) and would most likely have bright colours like blue and orange.

• Like 1

have no fear my children.. I have the answer to that question... BEHOLD!!!

https://www.youtube.com/user/CREDIDREAD/videos

this man has all of your desires.. ready and ON hand.. as SOON as modding tools come out.. as you can see in this videolist.. he's been at this since 2014 mind you... so all we need... are modding tools.. then all the joys will commence!!!

you're welcome.... 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nl said:

A tarp can also be used to make a simple boat. Also as a rain catcher. To black out windows.

I doubt it will appear in the game. I would not be against it but I would rather first see a camouflaged small tent, like we already see in the miltary camps.

Also, tarps or sheets you would find in Chernarus would typically be used by farmers (to cover hay and truck loads) and would most likely have bright colours like blue and orange.

and since his 'improvised tent' video has the use of green/black spray paint.. guess what... (turns bright blue tarp green.. then uses black to make it forest camo like) <- win!!! 10 points! SCORE!!!

9 minutes ago, Tigermonk said:

and since his 'improvised tent' video has the use of green/black spray paint.. guess what... (turns bright blue tarp green.. then uses black to make it forest camo like) <- win!!! 10 points! SCORE!!!

Yeah I saw, that guy has some great ideas, thanks for sharing.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, nl said:

Yeah I saw, that guy has some great ideas, thanks for sharing.

I really don't know why all of this stuff isn't in the game yet... I mean this guy MADE those things himself... back in 2014.. you've prob. seen the bee hive thing? AWESOME if you ask me.. 

honey would have so many purposes.. (food/dressing bandages/luring animals (like bears)

like the guy in the video does (finds glass jar) put honey comb in jar.. honey drips down into the jar.. extract the comb (or eat it) jar of honey.. (aka trading goods/huge energy boost)
the bees themselves.. instant added danger (like the clip shows the guy getting stung several hundred times)

*sneaks towards the hive, lights a fire, smokes out the bees, waits for them to leave because of the smoke, shoots the hive down from the tree, raids the hive/runs like hell*
that right there is something I'd do all day.. way more dangerous (in the short term) and waaaay more fun (in the long term) then looting heli crashes if you ask me..

2 minutes ago, Tigermonk said:

I really don't know why all of this stuff isn't in the game yet... I mean this guy MADE those things himself... back in 2014.. you've prob. seen the bee hive thing? AWESOME if you ask me.. 

honey would have so many purposes.. (food/dressing bandages/luring animals (like bears)

like the guy in the video does (finds glass jar) put honey comb in jar.. honey drips down into the jar.. extract the comb (or eat it) jar of honey.. (aka trading goods/huge energy boost)
the bees themselves.. instant added danger (like the clip shows the guy getting stung several hundred times)

*sneaks towards the hive, lights a fire, smokes out the bees, waits for them to leave because of the smoke, shoots the hive down from the tree, raids the hive/runs like hell*
that right there is something I'd do all day.. way more dangerous (in the short term) and waaaay more fun (in the long term) then looting heli crashes if you ask me..

Well maybe some his ideas get added later during the beta phase. Also to be realistic I don't think we can expect every idea people have to be implemented, like you said these will be up to modders.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, nl said:

Well maybe some his ideas get added later during the beta phase. Also to be realistic I don't think we can expect every idea people have to be implemented, like you said these will be up to modders.

not every idea.... but I'll just dig inside my content box for a second and show you something.

these sorts of things -> 

those were added.. no towards the fullest of ideas but they're in.. (mind the time stamp)

this was one of my early ideas on how the game mechanic of improv. bows should be put to works. about half of that is now in the game.. so very happy with that.

this was an idea regarding 'a knife sharpener in dayz.. (like the actual tool) 

http://amazonas.town.ie/products/18147

and last but not least..
the thing we've all be waiting for.. alcohol (drinkable) smokes/coffee

• Like 1

@Tigermonk

all nice ideas, well done!