-Gews-

Forum vets: are you still playing?

The game is pretty boring at the moment so no sense in ppl playing a whole lot till things get better development wise. If your living longer than the game has intended you to multiple times there is still a lot to be accounted for.

Oi,  I'm not on the OP list, but I've been here awhile.   

I don't play anymore. One update last year really killed it for me.  Had a housefire irl that left me homeless for 14 months in late 2015, that didn't help.  

I really need appreciable progress in my hands for my interest to stay.  I'll test if you give me something to test; I'm not going to play this as if it were a fully functioning game and drop thousands of hours into it.

Some of the design decisions I've read about have turned me off as well, but I'm still open to trying them to see what its like.  I check in with Sausage King and Weyland to get my inside scoop on progress.

I want that 2012 magic again.  I'm hoping there is still some lightning trapped in a bottle over at Bohemia.

Edited by klesh
  • Like 3

On 2/13/2017 at 3:58 AM, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

I have taken long breaks from the SA when progress grinds to a halt but when the experimental builds are dropping with regularity I usually try to log some time on nearly every patch when I can.

It felt like my dedication was recognized when the official twitter used 2 of my screenshots for release announcements....

The loose group I play with now is mostly Experimental thread regulars who are constantly offering feedback and ideas for the devs as the builds roll out.

It's the type of group I hoped would form around the testing of the Alpha and we're lucky to have a smart and diverse group.

I miss Hetstaine.

jason-segel-paul-rudd-kiss.jpg

Still running around the forest on exp. Sometimes, as the sun drops,  i retreat deep into the woods... slowly peeling my gear off until it is just me, my memories from the old forum times and two warm chicken fillets. These are the moments that make Chernarus special.

• Like 6
  • Beans 1

On 6/7/2017 at 3:16 PM, Hetstaine said:

Still running around the forest on exp. Sometimes, as the sun drops,  i retreat deep into the woods... slowly peeling my gear off until it is just me, my memories from the old forum times and two warm chicken fillets. These are the moments that make Chernarus special.

I saw you in the comments on a random, non-dayz youtube video.  Made me smile.  Do you still remember my 1970's 9/11 dream?   Good to see you buddy, hope you're doing well. 🙂

• Like 3

I believe that was the night we talked about Sorry day of which you were in mild disbelief :D. Always good to see ya Klesh and nice to know there is still a bunch of old regulars kicking around here :)

• Like 4

Currently stocking the choo choo train with materials enough for this upcoming important milestone. The mods will be awesome and it's not even the 1960s. 

:)

• Beans 1

Hmmm, I play DayZ from time to time, mostly around patches to see whats changed/new/fixed. Looking forward to trying Beta.

• Like 1

Hi old mates,   i actually miss this place and could not remember my password so got lost like Hetstaine and Steaks driving.

I logged on the other day to test the new build and was impressed enough to have a few hours wandering around.  Still no Wall climbing Machettes but we'll get there.

And its safe to assume we beat WarZ into the pages of history.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Michaelvoodoo25 said:

And its safe to assume we beat WarZ into the pages of history.

Sadly I was still new to the age of early access and unreluctantly sunk in 50 bucks for alpha release. (Or whatever the package name was called)

Never been scammed more in my life.

Edited by DannyDog

On 23.8.2016 at 1:59 AM, -Gews- said:

photo-thumb-131293.png

I was wondering how many of the avid DayZforum users of 2012 are still playing DayZ in 2016, either standalone or mod. Many people who once posted daily now don't post at all. Some well-known communities have long since broken up or disappeared (e.g. Balota Buddies).

Covance

Are you guys still roaming Chernarus?

The funfact is: I stopped playing DayZ about a week after creating an account on the DayZ forums. I remember a patch that had a change in zombie behaviour....if I remember correctly, it was that you now had to crawl on your belly to pass zombies, while before I was able to crouch and sneak by, or just stay still and let them pass. Not 100% sure, it was a loooong time ago. :D

I started up DayZ - I think - twice after that, solely playing on Balota Buddies servers, because I had some acquaintances/friends there. But the game just couldn't entertain me the way it did in the very early stages of mod development - long before the hype got real and millions wanted to play. Damn, I still have "Rocket" in my Skype contacts list, after sending him a log file and sorting out a bug with him from back in the earliest of DayZ days. :)

• Like 1

I wanted to reply to this topic two years ago, but I got distracted.

Anyway, I haven't played for a long while. I'm waiting for the beta release, as I would rather have a fresh new experience with the game. I'm looking forward to it, but I have plenty of backlog to keep me busy for now.

Who came back for 1.0 ? I'm still pretty into dayz despite its flaws etc.. I like to try and make story type videos via the editor these dayz

19 hours ago, liquidcactus said:

Who came back for 1.0 ? I'm still pretty into dayz despite its flaws etc.. I like to try and make story type videos via the editor these dayz

Back in the saddle again. Myself, Caesar, Ludus and Legacy have all been hitting SA pretty hard this week, enjoying ourselves, well worth the wait.

• Beans 1

Recently started playing again on DayZRP.

The game plays really well now and looks awesome. I also have a much better PC 🙂

The game only need bikes and choppers (and working binoculars) now for me to be truly happy. 

• Beans 1

17 hours ago, philbottle said:

The game only need bikes and choppers (and working binoculars) now for me to be truly happy. 

i dont think we will see those anytime soon unless the modders help us. Bicycles and a chopper(s) should have been in the game a looong time ago.

• Beans 1

Crikey we used to have fun.  I do still remember the banter,  was ine of the best places to be.  Anyone still about?

37 minutes ago, Michaelvoodoo25 said:

Crikey we used to have fun.  I do still remember the banter,  was ine of the best places to be.  Anyone still about?

Hi Michael. I miss it too, it was something special. I had a look at some old topics recently, the photoshop-fu was strong back then.

Anyways, old heads do seem to pop by every once in a while, but the forums are too slow at the moment to keep them around.

• Beans 2

42 minutes ago, Michaelvoodoo25 said:

Just got done playing. As stated before, myself and Legacy have been hitting it, some other forum vets with us from time to time as well.

• Beans 1