-Gews-

Forum vets: are you still playing?

photo-thumb-131293.png

I was wondering how many of the avid DayZforum users of 2012 are still playing DayZ in 2016, either standalone or mod. Many people who once posted daily now don't post at all. Some well-known communities have long since broken up or disappeared (e.g. Balota Buddies).

Here's the list of members with over 3,000 posts who joined before January 1, 2013 (minus me):

OrLoK
Fraggle
Steak and Potatoes
boneboys
Inception
Hetstaine
kichilron
Mos1ey
smasht
DemonGroover
Derpy_Hooves
gibonez
Max_Planck
Michaelvoodoo25
dallas
applejaxc
Maxgor
Darryl Dixon
Covance
enforcer1975
Katana67
Rage VG
☣BioHaze☣
GOD™
-Macabre-
sausagekingofchicago
TheCreeper
colekern
leviski

Are you guys still roaming Chernarus?

• Like 8

Yes, yes I am, I still run ops in DayZ Mod and SA, ranging from just myself, me and a buddy or running full fire team strength.

Not really. Just testing a new build when it comes, check if I should report anything and then start to wait for the next build. There's nothing in the game to keep me actually play it and I haven't touch the mod for years.

• Like 2

Not playing the game atm...waiting for the beta release ( like a lot of people that I know) but checking the forums regularly.

• Like 2

I haven't properly played the game in about half a year, let alone any game in general. 

• Like 2

I follow Orlok and his amazing twitter dreams. Also recently joined DayZRP personally.

• Like 2

So are there any AU servers worth any note? I know The Creeper is AU and has talked of occasionally leading single friend to 'full fire teams' into Chernarus.

Every time i boot up DayZ it's dead and empty servers I find.

Big D all moved to Squad and forwards it seems, Balota Buddies gone, PepsiDayZ gone.

Even the one HC/1pp server dedicated AU that i could find back before 0.6 is absent.

Are there any old players playing, or am I just missing a specific IP lookup for populated / any servers?

13 hours ago, q.S Sachiel said:

So are there any AU servers worth any note? I know The Creeper is AU and has talked of occasionally leading single friend to 'full fire teams' into Chernarus.

Umm.... might want to recheck your info, I'm not AU, I'm in the states.

• Like 1

I'm taking a break.   (I've racked up a load of hours though.)

I tend to stick to exp builds.  When they're unavailable I try to play on my home server which is always packed during the times I can and want to play.    Surviving is so easy for me now on stable that I get bored.   I get fully geared in GI JOE gear that everyone seems to want, ditch most of it for a blaze and scope, improvised pack, civy camo, then finally ditch all that for extreme basics and a crafted bow and bone tipped arrows and then just plop around hunting people like a caveman.  My stable character rarely dies and that bores me to death. 

I know the devs will balance a lot of the game later on but I can't wait until I can mod an truly EXTREME hardcore experience.  I miss the days of freezing to death if I couldn't find a wool coat quick enough.  I miss the panic of trying to find food soon enough.  I guess until then I'll have the Long Dark to keep me busy.  Luckily I know some devs are fans of that game so maybe there's hope for a hardcore mode similar to that.

• Like 3

On 27/09/2016 at 8:50 AM, TheCreeper (DayZ) said:

Umm.... might want to recheck your info, I'm not AU, I'm in the states.

Oops, off by a continent or two, not sure where i got that from... Perhaps similar avatar to another poster.

Well, aside from having my lamentations of posts here, of having zero players on across two servers only, (ie: that the game is dead) suppressed by Hicks, there's nothing much to report on DayZ. It literally cannot be played, unless i want to sandbox 'last man on earth'.

On 10/1/2016 at 8:20 PM, q.S Sachiel said:

Oops, off by a continent or two, not sure where i got that from... Perhaps similar avatar to another poster.

Well, aside from having my lamentations of posts here, of having zero players on across two servers only, (ie: that the game is dead) suppressed by Hicks, there's nothing much to report on DayZ. It literally cannot be played, unless i want to sandbox 'last man on earth'.

All good, and there are players out there, they may be scattered across many servers but they are there.

I just came back from 1 and a half month holiday, during which I was hunting, camping, building deer stands, spending time in nature. You know the usual staff people want in this game but in real life. It was fun I tell you. Got in better shape, got tanned, learned few things, met interesting people. Now that I'm back I'll complain a little bit about lack of new patch, stretch my sarcasm muscle and maybe even play some DayZ. 

• Like 2

I'm just visiting. Very, very unregularly. Following the twitter and blog shenannigans of the devs with unbroken interest though. Miss you guys <3

• Like 3

On 12/21/2016 at 4:39 AM, element47 said:

I'm just visiting. Very, very unregularly. Following the twitter and blog shenannigans of the devs with unbroken interest though. Miss you guys <3

Have you tried .61 yet? or are you waiting it out until finished.

On 1.1.2017 at 2:38 AM, sneakydude said:

Have you tried .61 yet? or are you waiting it out until finished.

im waiting for a few more milestones to be hit.. 

• Like 1

I have taken long breaks from the SA when progress grinds to a halt but when the experimental builds are dropping with regularity I usually try to log some time on nearly every patch when I can.

It felt like my dedication was recognized when the official twitter used 2 of my screenshots for release announcements....

The loose group I play with now is mostly Experimental thread regulars who are constantly offering feedback and ideas for the devs as the builds roll out.

It's the type of group I hoped would form around the testing of the Alpha and we're lucky to have a smart and diverse group.

I miss Hetstaine.

• Like 2

Haven't played since January so it's been a few months and I expect I'll be spending a lot of my free time in Battlegrounds soon but I usually check back in every once in a while when there is a major patch.

Edited by smasht

Yeah i play every day or so when i am home. I unfortunately cant play (or even visit the forum) when i am at work.  I mainly stick to 1PP private hives.

Always jump on when a new Exp is out.

I come along a few months later.. and suddenly Im trash.

Damn you Gews.. why cant I quit you!? 

lead_large.jpg

• Like 3