Sign in to follow this  
drivebysummer

Game minimizing on start up

Hello,

I've recently started having an issue that when launching DayZ the game starts minimized to the task bar, however upon clicking the icon the game maximises for ~1 second and then goes back to being minimized. Regardless of how many times the program is maximised it will just go back to being minimized within a second or so. The only way to resolve this issue seems to be a system restart. This issue only occurs with DayZ- no other steam game.

I realise the game is still an Alpha however it's currently unable to be opened and I haven't experienced this issue before. Has anyone else experienced this issue?

All of my drivers are up to date and I'll be submitting this to the 'Bugs' section also.

Thanks,

Sam

I've experienced this issue with many games and only way to solve it has been full reinstall of Windows and sometimes even that didn't help at first. I know what you're talking about but I can only say good luck because any of the stuff I've found to fix this issue hasn't worked. It has been just pure luck and wait for me

6 hours ago, drivebysummer said:

Hello,

I've recently started having an issue that when launching DayZ the game starts minimized to the task bar, however upon clicking the icon the game maximises for ~1 second and then goes back to being minimized. Regardless of how many times the program is maximised it will just go back to being minimized within a second or so. The only way to resolve this issue seems to be a system restart. This issue only occurs with DayZ- no other steam game.

I realise the game is still an Alpha however it's currently unable to be opened and I haven't experienced this issue before. Has anyone else experienced this issue?

All of my drivers are up to date and I'll be submitting this to the 'Bugs' section also.

Thanks,

Sam

In windows 10 you can go to the properties of an .exe and set it to open always "maximized".

Also you can open taskmanager, expand the process and right click the running dayz process and select maximize.

Not sure if it will help.

dual screens are holding it in the middle.

I also made my file readonly so it could be in there to change as well.