Sign in to follow this  
sneakydude

Trucks is there a trick to them now?

I got one of those troop trucks today, had 2 front tires, 1 spare tire was ready to turn over np, there was tires missing on the rear side but it still flew down the road at a whooping 15-30
mph.

I tried to turn it worked fine, but would not move through the grassy areas, and onto the road. There was no sloop. So i went and found a rear tire in hopes the v3s or whatever troop truck would get over a centimeter hill.

Everything was worn to pristine. No matter what i tried to do, it would not climb any hills i kept getting speeds of 10 mph or less and it wanted to keep reversing on me.

Like is there some trick to it? Because i remember a standard truck with Loads of horsepower no matter what the ages are. These trucks are suppose to be built like tanks.

8EE1DA38AFF010F3F9B6913D643A33C881E7E541

Working as intended?

07D3164535013B2F4CBD54E0FFA49C5301EB7EDA

I put over 60 rounds in it in hopes i would blow the thing up.

Help me??? i spent a ton of time trying to get over a small hill.

going for a nap (out of disgust), i don't mind bug testing and getting things corrected for beta release, but i don't know if i did something wrong with q and e reverse and forward on these things.

So like is it something i did wrong, or is this actually a bug i should be submitting?

Thanks

1) Vehicles suck. Seriously, they are so weak and lacking in power it isn't even funny

2) you know you have to shift gears, right?

3) Build up speed before you try to go uphill. All vehicles have this problem, but the trucks are the worst.

• Like 1

Yup i was shifting with E, and doing it fine i thought. Q is reverse. It was slow moving at first but i built speed, missed my turn and decided to take a wide open field return to the right road. That's when all the problems started to happen.

I did exactly what you suggested building up speed. The deal was it never got over 10 mph honestly, and doing so in the field basically made me feel stuck.

Why is it like this? worked fine before.

All that has to be done is increase the speed some, why did the devs decide to reduce it so we cant use them at all?

This has to change......

Spending 3+ hours trying to get the parts, and trying to move it pissed me off, at the end. So i thought why not shoot the dead horse anyways... put 60 + 5.56 into it, as rare as they are.

Edited by sneakydude

I should also mention the truck the way it was on 2 rear wheels on one side still moved. That was a bug NP i added a pristine wheel to the rear on the other side. If i tried to move in first it would reverse and keep reversing, but even stopping would not go forward in first, it would keep reversing.These trucks worked great back in the old days before the standard shifting. I am fine with the shifting but the top end speed in first while on an open flat field is 10mph to -8 mph because it likes to reverse on a 1 inch grade.

Please by all means, increase this low end speed to 20+ mph so we can gain enough momentum to get over a 10 centimeter grade. No joking about this part, i actually reviewed the grade to make sure i wasn't having some brain fart. But after driving one of those V3s, again, first time with troop i felt like i was farting all over the place and wasted my time. I was just trying to get it to my guys so we can transport everyone when we have the PVP event tomorrow.

I was really sad....

I can't believe you didn't realize you weren't getting any traction on the passenger side. I mean, I "believe" it but you seem like someone with good common sense so...I'm kinda in a state of disbelief.

Edited by MaxKragen
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, MaxKragen said:

I can't believe you didn't realize you weren't getting any traction on the passenger side. I mean, I "believe" it but you seem like someone with good common sense so...I'm kinda in a state of disbelief.

Oh i was getting all kinds of traction on the passenger side, hitting the field slowed it down so i went off to look for a new tire on the passenger side.

Pristine, put it on and i had 0 traction again. a flat surface still couldn't get over it. Then the truck would reverse like i was on some massive hill.

all tires where pristine, to worn on the truck. The truck still would not get over 10mph on the fields. It used to drive fine until something was changed with these gears. standard was introduced.

First and last time i ever worry about a vehicle until they fix whatever is broken. The sedan i drove was doing over 100mph and drove like a dream. So why was the truck so slow?? With all the tires on.

I just did not take a screen shot of all the tires on the vehicle and all parts where good order.

You should look for a tire repair kit and repair the tires. Even though they are shown as worn/ pristine condition they may still need to be repaired. Try removing one tire at a time, repair it and reinstall it. 

• Like 1

On ‎8‎/‎5‎/‎2016 at 4:14 PM, sneakydude said:

Yup i was shifting with E, and doing it fine i thought. Q is reverse. It was slow moving at first but i built speed, missed my turn and decided to take a wide open field return to the right road. That's when all the problems started to happen.

I did exactly what you suggested building up speed. The deal was it never got over 10 mph honestly, and doing so in the field basically made me feel stuck.

Why is it like this? worked fine before.

All that has to be done is increase the speed some, why did the devs decide to reduce it so we cant use them at all?

This has to change......

Spending 3+ hours trying to get the parts, and trying to move it pissed me off, at the end. So i thought why not shoot the dead horse anyways... put 60 + 5.56 into it, as rare as they are.

Q is NOT reverse, Q is DOWNSHIFTING, reverse is one Q down from neutral.  This means E is upshifting, usually from 1st gear up to 3rd gear, each press of the E required to shift the higher gear along with a corresponding Q to shift to a lower gear.

If you loose momentum on a hill you have to DOWNSHIFT with Q back to 1st gear to get going again, you don't need to build up speed to get going uphill either.  Listen to the engine, it'll tell you what to do.   

You should have all the tires though too.  Spares are useless ATM.

Practice, you'll get it, If I can get a Bus from the coast up to Zelengorsk by way of Pavlovo then you can get a truck up a 1CM hill.  BTW, the speedos are in KPH not MPH so you are going slower than you think.. 

Vehicles don't suck, vehicle persistence sucks right now, not vehicles.

Edited by barnabus
  • Like 1

the problem with trucks is that you can't really repair the double tires afaik, and they never spawn in pristine condition

i never bothered up until now to repair a vehicle, they are so underwhelming that it just isn't worth the time spent, and then there is the bug that makes the vehicle stuck when near another vehicle...

• Like 1

tried to repair the rear tires on a brand new one, and was unable to. i figured there was something wrong

Started to transport my camp to the middle of the map for event server on saturday night.

974B6ACEC4E0BADA457140FA642EDACEB0BC69EB

Bus did a whole 360 on me, and killed me.

3 ak101's 1ak 2 mp5 a ton of ammo, full ammo can, gillies, all the bus was full of equipment for a server event.

You know what i can say about/to your game devs ............... Best you remove vehicles as arrows, objects spins them or pushes them across the map. Because right now i don't think you guys know how to deal with them.

Safety tip of the day

Don't get attached to your gear folks as the vehicles will kill you. In this case the bus on the railroad tracks spun, with the tires in my hand and went a full 360 degrees.

Edited by sneakydude
Let alone the terrain is messed up.

The hatchback and the sedan drive very well, you have to still be careful.

FSP will drop in rain by a ton, your drawing too much graphics at very high going from 120 fps to 7 fps in 3rd person.

the trick is to switch to 1st person it will go from 7fps to 50+ fps while in 1st.

Right now they might as well take 3rd person off and get 1st person working right. then put in 3rd person.

If only they could raise the bus and truck from 1-2 kms to 20kms from 0 to max 1st gear rpms we would have no issues driving it up and down hills. But the way it stands right now, its dangerous to drive and also dangerous to try and change a tire with.

Make sure you don't hit obstacles in the ground such as arrows someone does on purpose and trees.

I give the hatchback 10/10 with minor tweaks. i give the sedan 10/10 with minor tweaks.

I give road signs -10/10 for not destructing when you hit them :)

Vehicles are cute right now but not really worth the time to get them repaired. I like it if it's hard to maintain a car but for now they're to bugged. In same time you can visit every high tier area and walk back to your camp before one car is repaired. Let's talk about it again if stamina system is working ?

Edit: maybe it would make sense to ad an unflip and push option till the game goes beta so it wouldn't be so painful if you get stucked by a railroad crossing the street - like in some arma 3 mods

Edited by imunone