icrush

South America / Latin America Official Servers 

Hello, guys. I`ve just posted this same message to reddit, so I can gather the most feedback possible.

I know it has been asked before many times with no success but the reason I'm creating this topic is to gather all support and suggestions you guys can give so the message can get to the Devs (and hopefully, answered)

I really can't see why there is not a single LATAM or SA server while there are tons of all day empty servers in the US. I'm sure that all these players on S.A. would be happy not play on servers in which PVP is going to be a certain death because of the ping and desync and most of the players don`t even speak your own language. So what I'm proposing is to you guys help us (S.A community) to get the devs attention. I'm going to try to spread this message through the steam community discussions, twitter and brazilian dayz facebook groups (I'm aware of two that has more than 15.000 members). So what do you guys say? Is there any suggestion you'd give to me in order to get this idea going?

(https://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/4w0nbo/help_south_america_latin_america_official_servers/)
https://steamcommunity.com/app/221100/discussions/0/360671352681651878/ )

edit 1:http://imgur.com/gallery/dIVnx Dayz playerbase per country *Brazil alone is 7th

Edited by icrush

I could swear I've seen a couple of Brazilian servers. In fact I think I've even been on them. The ping (I'm UK) is very high, but just about playable.

Isn't this more a thing for server providers (GamingDeluxe, etc) rather than the devs?

Well, I live in Brazil and there are no servers here, not even private. Lowest ping available is from the USA, which is around 200.  

I think it becomes a Dev problem when a whole continent is ignored by the developers while U.S and other countries have tons of empty and low populated official servers. 

ArCK5dc.png

Edited by icrush

I'm not knocking you at all, but from my point of view I can see why the devs haven't really rushed to have SA servers. Hear me out: This game is early access, so it doesn't necessarily have to be available in every continent. I would imagine that servers will be available later on in time, but I think the devs chose Europe and the U.S. based on the already proven market who would be using these servers that cost them a lot of money.

Also, I play with some friends who are from Chile and they have the hardest time even purchasing pc components that would even allow them to get 'okay' performance in game. I'm seen GPUs that cost a thousand dollars in SA but I can go to newegg or amazon and get it for $350. If I were a dev, at this point in the game's development, I would have a hard time dedicating servers in a place where it's extremely hard for the players to purchase components. 

I feel your pain. I'm just playing Devil's Advocate. 

Look, I'm not asking for dozens of servers. I think something around 5 servers would suffice the problem while the game is in Alpha, I'm sure they can squeeze out something like that when they host servers in Australia/NZ, Singapore, Spain, Netherlands or Poland... MOST of the US areas have low populated and empty servers (50+). There are a ton of people in Brazil only that still plays the game and is patiently waiting for it to enter beta phase. We've tried to keep private servers here also, the problem is that they can get ddosed very easily and there is also the problems with jerk admins that reset, ban and kick when they want. Again, take a look at this image http://imgur.com/gallery/dIVnx. I really don't think it is asking too much...

Edited by icrush