Funkdoc

Upcoming aircrafts discussion

On 5/8/2016 at 4:47 PM, sneakydude said:

That's great, always that little hidden text that explains the world :)

There is some concern about the way aircraft, if able to rebuild them and keep them for a length of time, same with vehicles etc... at your base. Heli pads made of straw weaved so fine a 747 can land on it :)

At the point of not trying to sound off with concern, but will there be some ability to lock out bases down? and or the vehicles we spend so much time getting.

On 6/8/2016 at 4:17 AM, FlimFlamm said:

I remember reading this, and after re-reading it I'm more pumped than ever!

For any who missed it, here is the relevant text from the april 26 report:

A main concern posed by the OP of this thread is how easy it might be to raid bases. Given the modularity of base-building components, if someone makes a big enough base for a helicopter to land in then that's their own damn fault isn't it?

It would be easy to erect obstacles, roofing, and even have a helipad which has it's own lockable door to prevent easy entry.

Electricity is really starting to seem like it's going to be epic. Do you have any idea exactly how much control over electricity grids we are going to get? I did a small bit of research and it seems like a large enough base would require many generators linked together and to have some sort of power network controller/management device. Something like a "programmable logic controller" which could be programmed  to turn generators on and off, manage the flows of electricity to certain parts of the electrical network (i.e turn the fridges off cause there's nothing inside them, or, send a signal over a specific radio signal to activate/deactivate the electrification of external defenses). If we can create larger grids and have good control over them then that would be supremely beneficial to the variability of what players can do with their base creations.

Unfortunately, I don't have any details to share on this right now since the guys are still working on the design. From where I sit, I can see two whiteboards full of scriblings, sketches, and schematics (for base building) made by the designers, but the "final" decisions on this subject will most likely be revealed in future status reports.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, SMoss said:

Unfortunately, I don't have any details to share on this right now since the guys are still working on the design. From where I sit, I can see two whiteboards full of scriblings, sketches, and schematics (for base building) made by the designers, but the "final" decisions on this subject will most likely be revealed in future status reports.

Heh, that's so tantalizing!!!!

I do completely understand why it's not possible for even the designers themselves to say what the actual in-game products will be (they themselves don't yet know what' they're going to be able to pull off code-wise), So here's hoping that they have nothing but luck and success!!

6 hours ago, SMoss said:

From where I sit, I can see two whiteboards full of scriblings, sketches, and schematics (for base building) made by the designers

Make a photo of it and post it plz :P

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Wili said:

Make a photo of it and post it plz :P

This is obviously a bad decision, but god damn, I would analyse the living shit out of that photo if we could get our hands on it. >:D

As DayZ development slowly but steadily trudges on toward these upcoming landmarks, we seem to all be more ravenous than ever for any scrap of info we can get!

Edited by FlimFlamm
  • Like 1

On 9/8/2016 at 1:08 AM, FlimFlamm said:

This is obviously a bad decision, but god damn, I would analyse the living shit out of that photo if we could get our hands on it. >:D

As DayZ development slowly but steadily trudges on toward these upcoming landmarks, we seem to all be more ravenous than ever for any scrap of info we can get!

Yeah, it would not be the best idea since these design ideas will (most likely) be tweaked and/or changed before being implemented in future builds. Of course, eventually there'll be more "reveals" of this as designs are solidified.

• Like 2