Sign in to follow this  
mattew1

Info game and modders

I had read long ago the road map saying that in December seems to me they would give free access to modders . I ask this because in my opinion they are the salvation for a game that now seems very blocked me . to today as is finally playable in fps level but the game is too repetitive . if they gave access to modders maybe these missions would fit or something more fun .sorry for the bad English

No point opening modding until all new engine modules are in.

Better to get the basic features updated and ready to be used than force modders to recode a lot their work at a later date.

Long road mattew1, remember this isn't a steam final game yet.

Without the engines, the bugs fixed, i wouldn't want a modder tool kit till said beta at least

Did Devs made some official statement about the ETA of adding modding ability for DayZ SA ?

Currently the game is unplayable for me, its rather character managment simulator than good old north PvP squadplay known from DayZ Arma II mod.

The only chance and hope I see is opening the game for modding.

I don't think the idea of developing DayZ SA was to duplicate the gameplay of the mod... That would be fucking stupid. 

So what are you going to do... wait for modding to be available and then dumb the game back down to the Arma II mod? 

Lol I always wonder that too eno, why da fuq do most ppl crave modding for this game if they are just going to make the same old pvp bullshit gameplay from arma 2 ? This games only repetitive when you make yourself do the same thing over and over again , adventures are always much more spontaneous and interesting in the SA then ever was in the mod .

18 minutes ago, blackberrygoo said:

Lol I always wonder that too eno, why da fuq do most ppl crave modding for this game if they are just going to make the same old pvp bullshit gameplay from arma 2 ? This games only repetitive when you make yourself do the same thing over and over again , adventures are always much more spontaneous and interesting in the SA then ever was in the mod .

17 hours ago, eno said:

I don't think the idea of developing DayZ SA was to duplicate the gameplay of the mod... That would be fucking stupid. 

So what are you going to do... wait for modding to be available and then dumb the game back down to the Arma II mod? 

Are you guys serious or blind? Modding means community made maps, unofficial patches, gameplay overhauls and much more content to choose. Namalsk Crysis, DayZ Sahrani, Panthera and Lingor, and Taviana are nothing no more? The whole point of modding is letting everyone play with their imagination and unleash their ideas into the game.So instead of having only one experience, the vanilla experience - people can try out new things.

Oh yeah, and right off my head I can give you 5 of my best experience in ArmA DayZ mods (Epoch, Origins, etc..) that were based on community made content. DayZ vanilla in infact very boring (mod and SA), and the only people who wander this wasteland of a forum board are those who like it and close-minded towards content and those who pass by every now and then to check for the development progress. You can already guess which group do I associate myself with.

Edited by yuval

On 7/11/2016 at 7:51 AM, rscl said:

Did Devs made some official statement about the ETA of adding modding ability for DayZ SA ?

Currently the game is unplayable for me, its rather character managment simulator than good old north PvP squadplay known from DayZ Arma II mod.

The only chance and hope I see is opening the game for modding.

5 hours ago, yuval said:

Are you guys serious or blind?

Specific to the case we were referencing as opposed to the world that modding can provide to the community for better or for worse- I think you should direct your commentary to the guy who wants the game brought back down to it's most simplistic form: "Good old north pvp squadplay." 

Why on earth would anyone want to mod DayZ to do what Epoch and the ARMA2 mod is already doing? Basically- rip out all of the survivalist mechanic and just put guns in everyone's hands... oh and in a new map to boot!? Yeah... sounds intriguing and already done. 

To answer your question eno, maybe because arma 2 with / dayz mod is not up to par to the dayz engines. (didn't they close down the arma 3 dayz mod?) Redoing a fresh new look for some people maybe what they wanted  and pledged into Dayz SA for that option.

Not everyone will go with the war, like said Poster but it ends up being a survival / fight. Because quite frankly there isn't much else to the game right now.

Planting crops? i can do that in most games.

Building a house? sure if you want to play house with your boyfriend.

Building a fire, to cook your deer meat... isn't there already deer hunter games? without the boil your fat off the BBQ theme park.

I have a totally different plan, the first one being a big map change. Cherno is so over played it isn't funny. Although i do enjoy the changed dayz made to it.

New map, new ideas, same engine. New spawn points, better areas to setup a camp etc... so many ideas can change the private servers.

Keep the original the way it is i say... let the modders go private.

I would be super happy to have a mod that's focussed on hardcore-survival with pure 1st Person. 

Zombies as a thread, loot as rare as possible - especially ammunition, weapons and food. If you have to go fishing to survive and if you have to think twice before shooting a player - just because you could lack that ammunition against the next zombie horde - i would be fine. 

A world where you have to cooperate with others to survive.

And yeah, I'd like to see a new map. Maybe something more huge, more apocalyptic. A map where you can play with 100 players but feel alone. 

I think that vanilla-DayZ is on a good way. But it can't be that a consequent Survival-Horror-Game because a huge part of the player base does not want that.

We may have to wait a few month or a year to see modding ingame. The most important thing is to finish the core of dayZ. everything else will follow later.

• Like 1

On 7/12/2016 at 7:40 PM, eno said:

Specific to the case we were referencing as opposed to the world that modding can provide to the community for better or for worse- I think you should direct your commentary to the guy who wants the game brought back down to it's most simplistic form: "Good old north pvp squadplay." 

Why on earth would anyone want to mod DayZ to do what Epoch and the ARMA2 mod is already doing? Basically- rip out all of the survivalist mechanic and just put guns in everyone's hands... oh and in a new map to boot!? Yeah... sounds intriguing and already done. 

well the thousands of people who left this forum at patch 0.55 don't like the vanilla experience. Nor the people who left at the 0.40s. So go ask them what they feel about. You can start by visiting the guys who play arma 3 breaking point on bozcaada or arma 3 exile on namalsk. the fact you like one thing doesn't mean everybody likes it.. they are simply not here to tell you that so you hear this for the first time.

6 hours ago, yuval said:

well the thousands of people who left this forum at patch 0.55 don't like the vanilla experience. Nor the people who left at the 0.40s. So go ask them what they feel about. You can start by visiting the guys who play arma 3 breaking point on bozcaada or arma 3 exile on namalsk. the fact you like one thing doesn't mean everybody likes it.. they are simply not here to tell you that so you hear this for the first time.

Funny, I could say large percentage of those people left because the game departed from its advertised "Open world survival video game currently in development by Bohemia Interactive" and descended to the drummed down shoot-em-up roll in the hay experience touting rocket launchers, machine guns and helicopters. Many of us are hanging on in hopes that it returns to the idea we bought into in the first place... Others are lying in wait for the time the game they were told was being made is actually released- if ever.  

On 14.7.2016 at 3:19 PM, eno said:

Funny, I could say large percentage of those people left because the game departed from its advertised "Open world survival video game currently in development by Bohemia Interactive" and descended to the drummed down shoot-em-up roll in the hay experience touting rocket launchers, machine guns and helicopters. Many of us are hanging on in hopes that it returns to the idea we bought into in the first place... Others are lying in wait for the time the game they were told was being made is actually released- if ever.  

Modding is what made this game so big.

It's a two sided coin, though.

Positive

• new content
  • new game mechanics
  • boost in player influx
  • keeps the old player base busy
  • offloads a lot of work on the community

Negative

• dumbed down servers
  • donation perks (p2win)
  • watering down of the original experience

If DayZ SA wants to live, it has to open up for modding. Or it will continue on its long painful way down to dying a slow death, as it is right now. takes cover for incoming fanboi flak

Edited by taikonaut

I'm all for modding- but to mod out all the bullshit being dropped in the vanilla game that takes it away from what it intended to be to satiate the fast twitch cravings of people who like to press LMB a bunch of times. 

Edited by eno

Different ppl has different definition of word "fun".

For me all this "survival" elements in PvE world is just meanigless and usless things which I have no interest whatsoever. Its like playing against bots in CS and solving fake just scripted problems.

"Fun" for me is high skilled 1st person team PvP focused DayZ experience which provides great adrenaline rush, high dose of competition etc. best mod which delivered such factor was Arma II DayZero (best mod ever!).

Big discussion but still no1 answered to my original question - do we have any info about when the modding will become available ?

11 minutes ago, rscl said:

For me all this "survival" elements in PvE world is just meanigless and usless things which I have no interest whatsoever. Its like playing against bots in CS and solving fake just scripted problems.

"Fun" for me is high skilled 1st person team PvP focused DayZ experience which provides great adrenaline rush, high dose of competition etc. best mod which delivered such factor was Arma II DayZero (best mod ever!).

Big discussion but still no1 answered to my original question - do we have any info about when the modding will become available ?

No there is not enough info in regards to modding yet. Not one of us can really answer it, we still do not have basebuilding, and operational vehicles (deathbugs)

PVE, PVP, RP, PVP/PVE are going to be typical of any servers.

If enough want 1st, pvp/pve servers, i expect a solid hardcore clan establishment.

Private, clan invite only servers will be popular to PVP.

1 hour ago, rscl said:

I am going to give you some info, that you may or may not be aware of.

Blender, Arma 2, Arma 3, PBO manager, and armaholic will help get the ball rolling for you. Even if you dont get heavy into it, you will have some of the tools available to you now.

Many more too.

Boneboys posted some links for someone else awhile ago wanting to know if modding was announced yet, so they could work on a map.

Cannot find this post of Boneboys with links for some tools to modify the map already. Any1 have it ?

pretty much search arma 2, arma 3 map making dayz. anything like that through the forums should find it. If not search the arma 2 dayz mod it will find many different areas referenced.