SFRGaming

0.60 V3S too slow

I'm getting hella pissed at this. Buddy and I fixed up a V3S with all pristine parts and it moves as slow as shit moves through my bowels.

I'm pretty sure I could push this thing faster than it can move under its own power.

Anyone have a similar situation? How to fix?

The best you can do is plan your course carefully and try to avoid going up hills until you have gotten plenty of momentum.  Make sure to rotate the tires, especially if any of them look clipped into the ground, even the slightest amount.  Other than that, it is just weirdly under-powered, and you have to deal with it by conserving momentum.

More fiber. 

6 hours ago, emuthreat said:

The best you can do is plan your course carefully and try to avoid going up hills until you have gotten plenty of momentum.  Make sure to rotate the tires, especially if any of them look clipped into the ground, even the slightest amount.  Other than that, it is just weirdly under-powered, and you have to deal with it by conserving momentum.

I'd rather have an under-powered v3s, than a 'pefectly fine sedan' because those things tend to flip or explode on impact (like what happend yesterday)

sitting in the passenger seat.. my friend driving.. nothing going on.. cruising over NWA... the car drives over a 1 inch rock.. flips over does 1 complete roll.. lands on its wheels.. we drive on...
we enter pogorevka.. driving through pogorevka.. middle of the road.. the server decides to FLING us to a dirt road.. our hood explodes.. flying off the car.. we do a 180 and 2 front wheels, spark plug and battery are ruined.. 

^ dayz.... WTF did you drink last night? what drugs did you take? what the HELL just happend? 
we didn't hit ANYTHING.. it just teleported the car.. blew our hood off.. and pretty much wrecked a perfectly fine sedan within a split second. xD 

driving isn't the issue.. but driving is the issue.. all these cars are broken (still) (sad face)

Edited by Tigermonk

-ahem-

DAT ALPHA THO

Do you just not understand the point of Alpha? Jesus Christ.

Don't nobody ever get tired of tooting the Alpha horn? good god.. its more annoying to read than the complaints, frustrations and feedback. People who constantly use the alpha term to excuse someones point should be banned for trolling.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, [Gen]Adzic said:

Don't nobody ever get tired of tooting the Alpha horn? good god.. its more annoying to read than the complaints, frustrations and feedback. People who constantly use the alpha term to excuse someones point should be banned for trolling.

as long as this game has the 'alpha' tag.. people will blow that horn in your face.. because they seem to get over with the devs better.. cutting them slack after slack after slack 'because alpha' 
people like whyherro don't understand 'why' people get pissed off and tired of things not working when they should..

vehicles? when are those in (no idea) 
vehicles? when will they work? (probably never)

not even mentioning choppers.. you're flying along.. getting the hang of the controls.. out of the blue.. you're teleported towards elektro.. 'allahu akbar' random apartment building infront of you.. (explodes)
or you're flying and all of a sudden the chopper nose dives into a pond because it was thirsty.. the joys that would bring online.. I can already smell m.

5 hours ago, Whyherro123 said:

Just another alpher bigot

-ahem-

DAT ELITIST THO

seriously though. Stop with this alpha bullshit. I asked this question because I've watched several vehicle videos from 0.60 and no one ever had the same problem I did.

I was among the players that bought this game the second it hit steam's store. I also have logged in a few thousand hours on the dayz mod. I know how this game works so don't be apart of the game's elitist and preach about how this game is in alpha and if ANYONE complains about it, they are indefinitely wrong. What I experienced last night was out of the norm and not a reported bug from what my research tells me. Now kindly fuck off

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, SFRGaming said:

-ahem-

DAT ELITIST THO

seriously though. Stop with this alpha bullshit. I asked this question because I've watched several vehicle videos from 0.60 and no one ever had the same problem I did.

I was among the players that bought this game the second it hit steam's store. I also have logged in a few thousand hours on the dayz mod. I know how this game works so don't be apart of the game's elitist and preach about how this game is in alpha and if ANYONE complains about it, they are indefinitely wrong. What I experienced last night was out of the norm and not a reported bug from what my research tells me. Now kindly fuck off

don't mind that dude... he does this from time to time.. because high rep. he thinks he's got some form of internet power.. :P lol

24 minutes ago, Tigermonk said:

don't mind that dude... he does this from time to time.. because high rep. he thinks he's got some form of internet power.. :P lol

I just wanted to put him in his place. Just because my post count isn't insanely high doesn't mean I don't have lots of previous experience with dayz. And I wish people like him would understand that even long time players have a right to be pissed at the game.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SFRGaming said:

I just wanted to put him in his place. Just because my post count isn't insanely high doesn't mean I don't have lots of previous experience with dayz. And I wish people like him would understand that even long time players have a right to be pissed at the game.

amen brother.. amen..

I've said that over and over and over on this forum.. it seems all the people 'listen' to are the lowlifes with 2500+ posts and at least 2K likes.. 
anything below that gets swept under the rug.. because 'we don't know shit' according to them or any of these forum mods.. (personal experience)

had some bright ideas... NO that's not doable.. because reasons... (1 year later) update XXXXX will feature.. this and this and this that'll make ur character build this and this.. 
ERM... that was my idea back in 2014? this post (post was deleted/send to graveyard by *********)

Edited by Tigermonk

4 hours ago, SFRGaming said:

Oh, ohhhhhhh, you...... you sure put me in my place. That ...... that you did, sir. I am right mollified.

PPPPPFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

Oh good Lord, that was beautiful.

1 ) you actually don't have a "right" ( AHAHAHAHAHA, seriously?) to be pissed at the game, considering how every time you load up the game, you have to click on a statement that basically says "I excuse any sort of problematic design conditions, bugs, instability, due to the game being in FUCKING ALPHA". That little statement right there, which you cannot skip over or otherwise ignore, makes almost anything you can complain about in the game moot, until it gets removed.

2) Vehicles being all sort of fucked is, well, a bug, and has been known about for quite some time. It doesn't happen in every game, to everybody, but it happens often enough to the point where I have read 5+ threads on this very issue ever since .60 has come to Stable.  Have ...... have you actually filled out a bug report, like us Alpha-testers are supposed to do, instead of running to the forum and slinging your sand-filled genitals everywhere? Seriously, at this point in Development, Day Z isn't technically even a game.

I have the feeling that something like 99% of this forum shouldn't have been granted access to the EARLY-ACCESS ALPHA, which the game is STILL IN at this very point. 

Let me fill you in on the stereotypical game development process, in case you weren't otherwise aware:

1) Alpha. Insert all the mechanics, models, all the game shit. Don't bother fixing most bugs, because they are just going to get reintroduced by adding new stuff

2) Beta. When the game is "feature complete", aka when everything that will be in the game is in the game, start fixing bugs.

3) Release. Obvious

Day Z is on a modified version of that cycle. Tell me, which stage are we still in, and what stage are we likely to be in for some time? I'll wait.

Believe me or not, but I have many (many) problems with Day Z as well, I just don't run to the forums and complain about known bugs and demand they get fixed. V3S's being slow as shit and Sedans being made of Plasticine doesn't actually impair the playability of the game all that much, no matter how much you twist your panties.

Edited by Whyherro123

3 hours ago, SFRGaming said:

Just because my post count isn't insanely high doesn't mean I don't have lots of previous experience with dayz. And I wish people like him would understand that even long time players have a right to be pissed at the game.

1500 posts isn't exactly low, though.

The alpha card has its place. DayZ is indeed in alpha, and vehicles do not yet work as intended - this should be taken into account. The V3S has always been a bit shitty. I only drove the V3S in the first patch it was released, whenever that was. Even then it was pretty tough going up hills. I think part of the problem is the physics system - there's very little in the way of friction, and it seems pretty rudimentary in general. I imagine that once vehicle physics is improved (I assume that's on the cards) the V3S, and vehicles in general, will perform a lot better. For now, yeah, just avoid going up hills if possible until you generate some good momentum. Easier said than done given the awful acceleration.

16 minutes ago, Tigermonk said:

amen brother.. amen..

I've said that over and over and over on this forum.. it seems all the people 'listen' to are the lowlifes with 2500+ posts and at least 2K likes.. 
anything below that gets swept under the rug.. because 'we don't know shit' according to them or any of these forum mods.. (personal experience)

had some bright ideas... NO that's not doable.. because reasons... (1 year later) update XXXXX will feature.. this and this and this that'll make ur character build this and this.. 
ERM... that was my idea back in 2014? this post (post was deleted/send to graveyard by *********)

Well, a lot of suggestions people make are pretty shit. Most shitty suggestions are posted by people who only have a couple of posts. People who have been around a while tend to have a pretty good idea of how DayZ will turn out. When somebody comes along and says "I want an island that's 3 times the size of the original map where all the buildings are made out of AS50s" the people who get the direction that DayZ is taking will tend to criticise that suggestion - and those people tend to be the ones who have been around a long time and have a lot of posts. Of course not everybody who has no posts is completely new to the game, but it seems to be a pretty common theme. Sometimes suggestions are considered to be unrealistic goals, but remember that most people here are not game devs and they do not necessarily know what can and can't be done. They can probably make an educated guess, but you shouldn't get too upset about it. If somebody tries to tell you that your suggestion is unfeasible, either try to disprove them, or guide the discussion towards something that people agree is a realistic goal.

• Like 1

Post count really doesn't matter or how long you been here, I am sure even if I just lurk and read quite abit and submit tickets for bug fixes and log a crap load of hours we all understand what we are doing. which is find the best solution to this alpha build of a game which is to make it the best it can before gold release.

The fact that the V3S is still in the state it was before and continues to be as broke as it is might come down to them figuring how to be repair it properly instead of fixing it now which in the end would be moot. I can see how this is discouraging but its par for the course during development phase.

At the end of the day, If they could find a quick solution that would be great if not lets hope it gets sorted out at some point.

Edited by fuzzy_chimera

9) Unnecessary posts:
Posting "don't care", "alpha", "TLDR", "search before you post", "cool story bro", 'fanboy' or any posts along those lines are unnecessary, inflammatory, and/or do not add to the discussion. This includes memes, GIFs and other images that are unnecessary/non-constructive; please keep them to an absolute minimum. If a duplicate thread exists, report it to the moderation team with a link.

I can and will...