This is something i have noticed just now on a low pop server (exp AUS-02) - there were only 3 players on the server.

I cannot be 100% certain since i didnt see the players but i suspect that (much like the old Red Chain scenario of the early SA days) when a player enters my "bubble" i get massive fps drops for 1-2 seconds.  I was running smoothly getting 70-100 fps (i5, gtx 970) apart from 2 moments at Green Mountain and Myshkino Base were the frames dropped dramatically.  This didnt occur as i was approaching these locations but minutes after entering the zones. There were no zombies at either location.

Am i to assume that this was because of a player being nearby?  It is hard to repo of course (unless i can get a friend to help). Anyone else notice this?

50 minutes ago, DemonGroover said:

This is something i have noticed just now on a low pop server (exp AUS-02) - there were only 3 players on the server.

I cannot be 100% certain since i didnt see the players but i suspect that (much like the old Red Chain scenario of the early SA days) when a player enters my "bubble" i get massive fps drops for 1-2 seconds.  I was running smoothly getting 70-100 fps (i5, gtx 970) apart from 2 moments at Green Mountain and Myshkino Base were the frames dropped dramatically.  This didnt occur as i was approaching these locations but minutes after entering the zones. There were no zombies at either location.

Am i to assume that this was because of a player being nearby?  It is hard to repo of course (unless i can get a friend to help). Anyone else notice this?

I've noticed this too. But very often when I report it, people tell me I'm imagining things...  

Can't be 100% sure, but I think it's still an issue and I'm 99% sure players entering the "bubble" is the cause.

I've been testing this for awhile now. Based on my findings, the hiccup doesn't happen every time you come into the network bubble of another player, which means that it may not actually be because of the other players. I've also had this frame drop happen when my home server is empty. 

That said, there are two instances where I see the frame drop pretty much every single time.

1) When entering into the vicinity of a vehicle that has recently been in use.

2) When entering into the vicinity of a camp. The larger the camp, the more items in the tents, the more severe the lag.

Just to be clear, I'm not saying that entering the network bubble of another player doesn't give this frame drop issue. I'm just saying that I've tried to reproduce it with friends and it is extremely inconsistent. 

I also have to concur with Cold on this one.

Players = 1

FPS 150+ to 9 then back up to 150 +

I have found it is not only the camp, unless i am going by someones camp site in the middle of the woods.

OH and ill upload my best FPS in dayz yet. 

one sec......

Still one sec......

67DC28652ECC24D8433D7B676460F407A66EB8D7

Oddly enough it said 1700 +

Smirks :)