Sign in to follow this  
andrea1991russo@gmail.com

suggestion for zombie and server pve

In my opinion the main source of danger in this game should be the zombies ( PvE ) with the addition of PvP but very rarely . then you should increase but much the number of zombies and find them everywhere, but they should not run like they do now. "Zombies do not run and do not climb over walls ",and there should be areas where also find groups of 50-100 zombies in some specific areas . es Airport                           

Edited by andrea1991russo@gmail.com
  • Like 1

Dayz should be a more dangerous environment, 75% it's PvE, 25% it's PvP.

I like the idea of more infected in towns and villages, near all buildings, so most loot is challenging to get. In bigger towns getting loot should be increasingly rewarding and dangerous, with many gangs of infected roaming around. The biggest towns should be too dangerous for all but the most well equipped and skilled lone wolf players, encouraging teamplay to get to the high level loot in a town's center.

Because of the infected weakened state, infected should not be able to run for long, just a short 100m sprint, just like very heavy (weight matters!) players.

Wave like infected migration:

Actually I think it may be fun to see a wave like migration of infected towards the west. Picture this: at the start of the server/evening the (additional) infected start spawning in sea towns and villages. Their numbers gradually build up. Once they reach a certain number threshold in a village, gangs of them start walking to the next town inland. Each time the village area reaches a maximum capacity a gang of infected goes to the next village west. This migration looks like moving refugees, and the wave like nature of their movement offers a timing mechanic. The travelling groups of infected offer a moving random danger along the roads. Off the road, wolves, wild pigs, bears, other players are the main danger. They too may have a spawning and travel cycle. I like to see hungry wolves, that eventually even attack groups of infected.

When the infected reach the most western villages at map's border, they'll die off when these towns reach their maximum infected threshold.

8 hours ago, andrea1991russo@gmail.com said:

In my opinion the main source of danger in this game should be the zombies ( PvE ) with the addition of PvP but very rarely . then you should increase but much the number of zombies and find them everywhere, but they should not run like they do now. "Zombies do not run and do not climb over walls ",and there should be areas where also find groups of 50-100 zombies in some specific areas . es Airport                           

'but they should not run like they do now. "Zombies do not run and do not climb over walls'

fear the walking dead
the walking dead
left 4 dead
dead island
dead island 2
world war Z
dawn of the dead

^ most (if not all) these games/movies have zombies that run.. and some of them even have zombies that climb..

these people aren't 'dead' their infected with a virus basically.. and even IF their dead.. BASIC functions remain (zombie logic 101)

primal instincts/basic functions:

- running
- jumping
- climbing
- (blurred) sight
- hearing

all these types of skills remain in most infected movies/games, why should a zombie not be able to run?

Historically zombies have never run - rigor motis prevents this (although it actually subsides within a few hours). The latest batch of horror films with zombies actually feature infected people, who die when burnt, shot, stabbed and clubbed to death. Zombies only die when their brain is smashed. If you cut the head off a zombie, the head continues to live. Infected humans' heads do not. Whether the film-makers call it World War Z or whatever has nothing to do with the films protagonists, and more to do with a recognisable adversary, it's easier than explaining this unique features of infection to the audience.

Therefore, personally I agree that zombies should walk, despite DayZ being full of infected people. It depends on the servers' preference for game-play more than any other reason. Tough slow zombies are scarier than running weak zombies. Complacency costs lives, imo.

Edited by Cartoonrboy

Lets breadown DayZ  as a simplified scheme of main factors in the game -  Hunger,  Resources, Zombies, Players,

I think getting the right balance here is the key to how will game play out - as a "deathmatch" or "survival"

It's a balance between the amount of resources in relation to hunger demands, amount and strength of zombies in relation to amount of players/weapons. It's all interconnected, nerfing zombies makes resources easier to come by, which leads to players not having a challenge surviving, except other players, that becomes the only challenge left in the game and we got DM again, Imho zombies should absolutely be a threat, at least equal to that of other players - this leadsto a situation where shooting down a players is no longer a simple choice, survival actually becomes the motivation, not fragging.

On 7/7/2016 at 3:57 AM, Cartoonrboy said:

Historically zombies have never run - rigor motis prevents this (although it actually subsides within a few hours). The latest batch of horror films with zombies actually feature infected people, who die when burnt, shot, stabbed and clubbed to death. Zombies only die when their brain is smashed. If you cut the head off a zombie, the head continues to live. Infected humans' heads do not. Whether the film-makers call it World War Z or whatever has nothing to do with the films protagonists, and more to do with a recognisable adversary, it's easier than explaining this unique features of infection to the audience.

Therefore, personally I agree that zombies should walk, despite DayZ being full of infected people. It depends on the servers' preference for game-play more than any other reason. Tough slow zombies are scarier than running weak zombies. Complacency costs lives, imo.

Good God, no. Slow zombies are hilarious, not frightening.

I think you people should compare DayZ zombies to 28 days/weeks later zombies. They´re practically the same.

• Like 1

I would like DayZ to perfect a system in which you are not constantly cowering somewhere hiding from zombies, sitting somewhere farming or in midst of bullet-hail, but something inbetween the three.

We had a group of almost ten strangers in Elektro, farming and cooking together, less than half of them had guns and only one could be described as 'fully geared', we had to keep the supply of food sustained, fend off a few zombies and eye everyone in paranoia!

It was wonderful!

The zombies played into this nicely and I am confident in the devs to polish and expand on them only for the better!