97ADU Doug

Gear wipe bug. Spawning in naked

Hey quick query here.

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T118081

This bug has been acknowledged on that bug tracker, however I am still really keen to play .60. But suffice to say Iv been wiped a few times by this bug to the point where i feel its unplayable. So any idea's on how to avoid this bug? Note its not just spawning on the cost with nothing. I spawn where i last logged out, only all my gear is gone, except for whatever was in my hands minus all the attachments. I play on a private shard, however this bug seems to afflict public servers as well.

Someone made a video of it happening to them: https://vid.me/GcA4

Thxs in advance

PS: Anyone heard any word from the devs as to when the fix is going to happen?

Edited by 97ADU Doug
  • Like 2

I was running around yesterday feeling pretty well geared when, for the first time, the same thing happened to me - completely naked, all gear gone, save my pristine M4 which had lost all its attachments and mag.

One theory is that it's to do with the server provider - it does not seem to happen with Gamingdeluxe servers, but others are dodgy.

For the time being, I'm just being a lot more careful about not running around in my best gear, but making sure it's stashed. In the past I've kept my best stuff on me because of concerns about dodgy persistence, or servers going dark. That equation has been reversed for me...

Were you double-carrying or did you have something else in your hands?

I think this has to do with glitched hands.  Two items in your hands - one item is glitched (invisible) and the other you're obviously carrying. When you go to log back into a server it doesn't know what to do and the resulting chaos = inventory wipe.  It's just a theory of course but I've noticed a lot of glitched hands this patch.  Certain items+animations seem to be worse offenders than others, cookpots still seem a bit buggy too.

One hint that you are glitched (even though you may not see it) is the inability to jump.  Another hint that your hands are glitched is when pressing F2 while standing your character decides to go prone to put his hands on his head - instead of doing it while standing up (as he should).  

On that note, F2 seems to fix both the hand glitch (thanks IMT) and the inability to jump.  You just have to let the animations finish properly and you might have to do it twice.  Once you are in a standing position and you can finish the F2 animation and remain standing then your hands *should* be unglitched.

Doing this before every log off seems like overkill but if I wasn't jumping properly or had an obvious item-in-hand glitch I would definitely F2 until it was fixed before logging off.

Edited by GaryWalnuts
you're/your/ur
  • Like 1

I've had this happen to me once, and since then, I've never had it happen again, not matter what server I join (public or private, 1PP or 3PP) and it seems the only time I had it happen, was when I had an M4 with flashlight and bipod attached. Since then, I got multiple characters with M4, and never had this happen.

Can everyone who had this happen tell us what weapons the had, and with what attachments?

Does it happen even if you don't carry and M4 or AK with attachments? I don't double carry and wasn't double carrying when it happened to me.

On public hive, 1PP or 3PP, I've joined Gameservers, Gamingdeluxe, Fragnet and Vilayer servers without any issues. On the private hive servers, I mostly play on DayZ Underground, DayZ Colony US-2 and the -UN- servers.

If this ONLY happens when players are carrying M4s and AKs with specific attachments (RIS grip, flashlight, bipod) then we can pinpoint the issue.

On a side note, I had a small weird glitch with my 1PP public character: I had painted my AK74 black, with all plastic attachments black and the mags I had, black, and this for the past 2-3 weeks. But, yesterday when I logged in with my character, for some reason my mags were now green, while I never painted them green, nor were they green before.

f399is.jpg

2cdob4.jpg

From what I read from the feedback tracker, bipods are mainly causing this, no matter if you double carry or not. It seems like now one with weapons other than M4s and AKs had this happen. So it's not "attachments" causing this as it doesn't happen with MP5, UMP, AUG or FAL. (So far, no one reported it happening with these weapons.)

But, that being said, someone (Forkys) from the bug tracker replied this:

Hello everyone and thank you for the report.
The issue has been confirmed and scheduled for a fix.
Regards,
Forkys

• Like 1

6 hours ago, odin_lowe said:

I've had this happen to me once, and since then, I've never had it happen again, not matter what server I join (public or private, 1PP or 3PP) and it seems the only time I had it happen, was when I had an M4 with flashlight and bipod attached. Since then, I got multiple characters with M4, and never had this happen.

Can everyone who had this happen tell us what weapons the had, and with what attachments?

Does it happen even if you don't carry and M4 or AK with attachments? I don't double carry and wasn't double carrying when it happened to me.

On public hive, 1PP or 3PP, I've joined Gameservers, Gamingdeluxe, Fragnet and Vilayer servers without any issues. On the private hive servers, I mostly play on DayZ Underground, DayZ Colony US-2 and the -UN- servers.

If this ONLY happens when players are carrying M4s and AKs with specific attachments (RIS grip, flashlight, bipod) then we can pinpoint the issue.

I had an M4 with RIS guard, bipod and flashlight attached on my back... Wasn't double carrying.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Mookie (original) said:

I had an M4 with RIS guard, bipod and flashlight attached on my back... Wasn't double carrying.

The only time it ever happened to me, I was carrying the exact same thing as you, on my back. Thanks for the info, and I hope others will share more details as to what they were carrying, although at this point it might not be necessary and it's probably fixed internally. (Or on the recent experimental, haven't checked it yet.)

• Like 1

Looking like the probable cause here is having a bipod attached, which is a real shame considering the only reason I use the m4 over other weapons is because it can take the bipod.

Ah well.

I wonder if this sort of bug requires a client update, or if its fixed internally.

Edited by 97ADU Doug

Im gonna risk using an m4 with a bipod again, ill keep you guys posted if I get wiped.

This from Hicks in yesterday's status report, ICYMI. Theory the devs are working on is that it's not bipods, it's not AKMs, it's about how people are swapping handguards on their M4s:

Another couple of weeks have passed, and we have again received a good amount of bugs via the Feedback Tracker. Regularly, we still see quite a few reports on player characters having lost their gear, and we do have a set of repro steps for this bug:

1. Join a server.
2. Go to any M4 handguard laying on the ground.
3. Take M4 to your hands.
4. Swap handguards on your M4 with handguard on the ground via action menu or by drag-and-drop.
5. Relog.
6. Notice that the character is missing all the gear except for the M4.

If you experience loss of gear in any way different than with the repro steps above, please do let us know: http://feedback.bistudio.com/

• Like 2

Exactly what you suggested mookie, lets see if i am wiped.

I however have 2 weapons, 1 is M4 and the other is the AK101

No bipods ever have i used, and never had a wipe since i got back to .60.

Logged off for the night, started up my brothers character to transfer the m4 to, haven't logged in since on my account with the weapons.

Since my brother doesn't play as often as i do, i thought why not help him out some with a m4 since he has never had one.

I will report back any findings, i do find with both accounts and let you all know.

Edit = All of this was done without the knowledge of this thread, it was normal protocol to pickup a prestige item and refit damaged.

Edit #2 = I have an M4 60mag, m4 damaged handguard, m4 )new buttstock cqb) rds optics. Sorry guys those new parts are what i exchanged, NO WIPE... even the AK101 i put a folding buttstock on. NO Bipods used.

Edited by sneakydude
  • Like 1

B9D121FF2BE029D7870825E338B3BB975DAF653F

All pristine parts all of a sudden the M4 now says badly damaged after swapping parts.

I just swapped the handguard on the gun for you guys, lets see if i lose all of my gear.

Edit = Exit program, now starting up the game from scratch.

Edited by sneakydude

02FF344A272058A5AC8E4DB59453FF7A0034642C

No gear loss, same issues just surprised my gun is now badly damaged but still fires.

BTW i believe i have been on fragnet servers, gameservers.com and others so far.

Edited by sneakydude

OK i re read everything here, The only way i could switch handguards was in my backpack. It was not allowing me to just simply drag and drop onto the gun.

Is this a possible reason?

OH and i was very lucky to find a PSO-1 scope, and today an ACOG :) now i have all of the scopes even a hunters scope pristine...

IS there anyway to let the devs know this is what i have tested?? and if they have any other suggestions what to try and get the bug wipe?

Edited by sneakydude

FD0640A58831184CB85FD4E075F2DAA50C021EDD

I just tried the ak 101 handguard swap from inside the backpack and NO WIPE.

Comment Actions

So i would determine that by looting that handguard into backpack then swapping is the correct way?

Also did some other configurations to the 101 such as the east, and flashlight.

A87BAF837A96E1156EA7905BB24089BE498E16AC

NO wipe

The only thing i havent tried, is the AK and the AKM guns with bipods or the M4 bipod. There is such a bipod now correct?

Edited by sneakydude

I'm not sure it happens each and every time - might be that it's just a risk caused by swapping handguards from the ground (nb they are specific that this is from the ground...). In other words it's a necessary but not sufficient condition.

In any case, I've seen at least one example of it happening to a guy who was carrying an AKSU...

So the jury is definitely still out. Best insurance policy is probably to stash your best gear.

• Like 1

Just fully re geared. M4 with all attachments. Ammo etc.

I tried taking my hand guard off, putting it into my backpack and then putting it back on the M4. I did a quick relog while I did some stuff around the house. Upon rejoining my character was again wiped. Bar the M4 and a single chambered round.

Think I might just take a break until this is fixed haha. However, for those of you with more patience than me, I think It may have something to do with handgaurds swapping when you've got a bipod? I had the RIS, so maybe taking the guard off the M4, but leaving the bipod on corrupts your character the next time you log in? Im just grasping at straws here, but the best advice I can give you is be VERY cautious about using an M4 with the RIS and bipod.

16 minutes ago, 97ADU Doug said:

Just fully re geared. M4 with all attachments. Ammo etc.

I tried taking my hand guard off, putting it into my backpack and then putting it back on the M4. I did a quick relog while I did some stuff around the house. Upon rejoining my character was again wiped. Bar the M4 and a single chambered round.

Think I might just take a break until this is fixed haha. However, for those of you with more patience than me, I think It may have something to do with handgaurds swapping when you've got a bipod? I had the RIS, so maybe taking the guard off the M4, but leaving the bipod on corrupts your character the next time you log in? Im just grasping at straws here, but the best advice I can give you is be VERY cautious about using an M4 with the RIS and bipod.

Bipod =bar?

Hardguard maybe the trigger but the bipod maybe the problem???

Let me swap gear with my brothers toon, and ill do some more testing on it.

Edited by sneakydude

1 hour ago, sneakydude said:

Bipod =bar?

Nah by bar i just meant everything except. So character wiped again except the M4 and a single chambered round.

• Like 1

Just now, 97ADU Doug said:

Nah by bar i just meant everything except. So character wiped again except the M4 and a single chambered round.

Ok doug, running toon to transfer off some of the good items and i will be hoping to swap items in and out as fast as i can to find the wipe problem.

What did you put on the m4 different then i did?

20 minutes ago, sneakydude said:

Ok doug, running toon to transfer off some of the good items and i will be hoping to swap items in and out as fast as i can to find the wipe problem.

What did you put on the m4 different then i did?

I had the RIS handgaurd, a bipod and a RV1 scope. Before relogging, I took off my handgaurd (the RIS), put it in my backpack, and them immediately put it back on.

Good luck with the test. Off to bed for now, Ill check back later today.

42 minutes ago, 97ADU Doug said:

I had the RIS handgaurd, a bipod and a RV1 scope. Before relogging, I took off my handgaurd (the RIS), put it in my backpack, and them immediately put it back on.

Good luck with the test. Off to bed for now, Ill check back later today.

Oh right bud, ill give it a complete test and see if i can duplicate from yours to mine. Glad we have 2 household accounts :)

still been looking for a bipod, can not make myself wipe.

Traded items till i was blue, even shot a guy standing in the tent OMFG scared me.

rat -a tat tat unknown entity :)