Cr4cksh0t

I am rapidly warming up

over and over. even new characters, once u get hot to hyperthermic,  you will die in 30mins.

kinda major issue dont you think. 

how can u even begin to want to play with the threat of death straight off the bat. 

you can never go to far away from a lake/water to get Drenched in. is the only way to stop yourself dying.

please fix. or someone post a fix. 

I've been hyperthermic for more than half an hour and not died.  people have told me they've been hyperthermic for days without anything happening (other than being told 4 million times).

that being said, all you have to do is not sprint everywhere.  it's not hard.  any state before hyperthermic reverts to normal if you stop jogging/sprinting.  hyperthermic seems to be permanent (swam for a full hour with no change), which is an issue.

2 hours ago, Cr4cksh0t said:

over and over. even new characters, once u get hot to hyperthermic,  you will die in 30mins.

how can u even begin to want to play with the threat of death straight off the bat. 

you can never go to far away from a lake/water to get Drenched in. is the only way to stop yourself dying.

Hyper only increases your dehydration rate. Have never heard of anyone getting killed by it. In fact, I've personally ran with it last patch for over a few hours by stacking items that have high heat values, and with proper hydration, have had no further negative effects.

Big tips for staying out of Hyper. Stay wet (not needed, but helps). Don't sprint everywhere (it's bad for your sight picture anyways). Stay away from TTSKO and Camo Facemasks (Oddly Balaclavas don't seem to be as soul crushing). And worst comes to worst, stay hydrated.

The .60 update is based in summer, so you will get hot faster and cool down slower.  My tip would be to use some online map to find one of the small ponds scattered all around the map and get in it to cool off.  However, don't go in with your gear on - just take your stuff off and put it to the side.

Here is a map showing some of the streams/ponds in Cherno.  It's an outdated map, but it will give you an idea of what I'm talking about.

havzy7P.png?1

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Smitty_ said:

The .60 update is based in summer, so you will get hot faster and cool down slower.  My tip would be to use some online map to find one of the small ponds scattered all around the map and get in it to cool off.  However, don't go in with your gear on - just take your stuff off and put it to the side.

Here is a map showing some of the streams/ponds in Cherno.  It's an outdated map, but it will give you an idea of what I'm talking about.

havzy7P.png?1

Interesting, I wasn't aware that they actually had seasonal differences. Thought temperature was just random. Can you confirm that this is summer, or is it just an assumption? And if they do have different seasons, their needs to be visual cues for it.

well my mate i run with died after ignoring it for 30 minutes. 

i have ran around with it for about 2 hours now until i amassed so much gear i didn't want to risk it so have been "drenching" myself in ponds. 

9 hours ago, Cr4cksh0t said:

hyperthermic is cold, you need to warm up not drench yourself. stand by a fire for few mins. your body has let out too much heat and not taken enough in causing the imbalance

What are the causes of hyperthermia?

Possible causes of hypothermia include: Cold exposure. When the balance between the body's heat production and heat loss tips toward heat loss for a prolonged period, hypothermia can occur. Accidental hypothermia usually happens after cold temperature exposure without enough warm, dry clothing for protection.

Edited by Surviv0r1969

2 hours ago, Surviv0r1969 said:

hyperthermic is cold, you need to warm up not drench yourself. stand by a fire for few mins. your body has let out too much heat and not taken enough in causing the imbalance

HYPOthermic = cold

HYPERthermic = hot

• Like 2

I'm having the overheating problem as well. And so is the friend I murde play with. 

We both started to get overheated when we went to the NWAF, and despite all our efforts to shed clothing, drench ourselves in water, drink drink drink drink...we still were Overheating. But there didn't seem to be any negative health effects. We didn't lose color or anything like that. Is it a bug that you can't bring down your core temperature? Seems unreasonable to me. 

I can bring my temp down by swimming (I mean actually swimming, not paddling...) and then sitting around in the shade. To go from Hyper to normal takes about half an hour though.

Seems to work with gear on - I'm damned if I'm taking it all off and losing everything to a server restart/dodgy persistence.

9 hours ago, Zyriun said:

Interesting, I wasn't aware that they actually had seasonal differences. Thought temperature was just random. Can you confirm that this is summer, or is it just an assumption? And if they do have different seasons, their needs to be visual cues for it.

Yep, it's a seasonal and it's summer.  Tatanko posted this gem a few weeks ago in the Experimental thread.

CxX1fnY.png

If the heating up part is working as intended then the cooling off part isn't there yet.   I enjoy environmental difficulties as much as the next guy but sitting in a body of water should stabilize our temperature at a somewhat predictable rate - whether that takes 2 minutes or 30 minutes.

On that note, I'll take the opportunity to mention a suggestion I've made in the past.  We already have an internal thermometer - why not spawn an external thermometer?  or if not a spawned item then a weather station (as a static item located in certain buildings that we can interact with) Is it cooler at night?  or cooler on the coast than inland? Should I wait until nightfall before I make a marathon run to Tisy and come back with my 50kg of loot?

Oh yeah - and they should spawn some more regular thermometers, we need them this build. I've only seen a handful throughout .60

• Like 2

It seems pretty simple to me.

What to wear:

TOP: Shirt, T-Shirt, Tac shirt, Riders jacket

Bottom: TTSKO pants, cargo pants, jeans

AVOID at all costs:

Drybag, childrens backpack, ALL headwear except ballistic helmet, hunting jackets, gloves, ghillies.

5 hours ago, GaryWalnuts said:

Yep, it's a seasonal and it's summer.  Tatanko posted this gem a few weeks ago in the Experimental thread.

CxX1fnY.png

If the heating up part is working as intended then the cooling off part isn't there yet.   I enjoy environmental difficulties as much as the next guy but sitting in a body of water should stabilize our temperature at a somewhat predictable rate - whether that takes 2 minutes or 30 minutes.

On that note, I'll take the opportunity to mention a suggestion I've made in the past.  We already have an internal thermometer - why not spawn an external thermometer?  or if not a spawned item then a weather station (as a static item located in certain buildings that we can interact with) Is it cooler at night?  or cooler on the coast than inland? Should I wait until nightfall before I make a marathon run to Tisy and come back with my 50kg of loot?

Oh yeah - and they should spawn some more regular thermometers, we need them this build. I've only seen a handful throughout .60

That's amazing! Thank you! And that'd be a wonderful thing to have, especially considering the Seasons are an actual thing.

So if anyone in Europe is wondering why it's raining and stormy in Chernarus while it's summer an' all, just take a look out of your window....

If you're heating up while loot-sprinting, take your hat off and try to run in shadowy forests slightly more often. I have found that in nearly all cases this completely eliminates the problem, but that's just my experience.

Take your pants off.

Uhm i don't get hypertermic since the release in which they introduced this feature (.54?)