JudoCobra

How do some of you justify this game?!

Firstly.. I really want responses from people who understand the mechanics of this game and how the loot system works. From my understanding it's persistence.. and this is where I'm pissed.

I've played the alpha since it came out in 2013. My friends and I would play for hours. It was buggy, we would die from walking down stairs, etc., but the ONE thing that kept us playing was the loot. It didn't matter if it was a fresh server or not, we knew where to go.

Now, I'm not blaming them for changing loot spawns, but it's absolutely ridiculous that I've played with several people together on the same sever several times and after 30+ minutes we can only find Pipsi or some stupid Michelin tires. Really?

Don't tell me to go up north either. Been there done that and found a revolver with no ammo. The loot respawn needs to change. This game has been in alpha for 3 years and THE ONLY change worth mentioning is that your computer won't crash every time you go into town. 

This community is losing players quick, it's quite sad because if you could easily find loot and not snow tires people would want to group up for bambis or to do stuff. Instead, you join a sever and spend most of your time running around hoping the loot has spawned near you. It's not fun or intense it's absolutely reprehensible.

Please someone, anyone, JUSTIFY this. Tell me it's "alpha bro" so I can point you to H1Z1 which hasn't been around as long but has more players and WAY MORE content (vehicles, better loot spawns) than DayZ. 

Bohemia already got their money from us stupid enough to believe they would make this game great. They should be arrested for robbing us all and thrown in jail. Seriously.. we aren't even talking about the horrid graphics.. we don't care. MAKE THIS PLAYABLE WITH LOOT AND NOT A RUNNING SIMULATOR. You're regressing! SHAMEFUL!

The strange thing is - I've been playing stable since it came out and on the same server. I am observing that fewer loot spawns all the time now. The Northern Airfield was empty when I visited today. All Officers Barracks were empty, except for clothing. All tents were empty. Possibly someone was there, but man have they cleaned up ;) I play on a server with usually 15 -20 people and it gets full on the weekends. By the traffic alone, more stuff should spawn. Oh hey - did you maybe play on an empty server? Because, you know, no traffic means fewer loot in an area will respawn. 

All I can say is that it worked great at first and seems to slow down the spawning of anything at the moment. Maybe that is intentional, but yeah there is fewer loot now than when I started. Even though I see it respawn. A lot of loot spawns seem to not work properly right now. Like these small shops with the broken window blinds - I always found something worthwhile there when I played on experimental. Now they are mostly empty and if you're lucky you find a pair of seeds. I'm not sure if this is intentional or not. You never know with Dayz :)

BUT - this is all a work in progress and I think if you made a camp early, you still get plenty of loot. Also a heli crash can get you pretty well equipped and they spawn much faster now and switch locations a lot. I enjoy the game in its current state. It's playable and fun, but it still has its share of problems. I think you should play it though. Change your approach for now. Start building camps, taking it slow until you feel ready for combat in the danger zones. Dayz will probably never be a game again where you just run to a military area and return with three rifles and a bunch of magazines. Now you have to work more for it, but the rifles have a bit more value than before...or should I say: the bullets have. I like my M4. I even gave it a name: BrokenPieceofShit. I can't find a cleaning kit, so it jams and my ammo is damaged, so it jams (or sprays). But still - this is fun and the MP5 kills people, too. 

Edited by S3V3N
  • Like 2

Iv been finding quite a bit of handy loot here and there you just have to WORK for you gear a tad harder now no instant 4 gun spawns atm in one spot.

1 hour ago, JudoCobra said:

This community is losing players quick, it's quite sad because if you could easily find loot and not snow tires people would want to group up for bambis or to do stuff. Instead, you join a sever and spend most of your time running around hoping the loot has spawned near you. It's not fun or intense it's absolutely reprehensible.

Oh?  Where do you get your metrics? How do you know that this community is losing players quick?  Where do you get your data?  Can you provide actual numbers?

I've put many hours into .60 and haven't experienced any problem with the loot economy.  Same with many of the other veteran forum posters here.  I would suggest that you stop being bad at the game.  Seriously, you're not doing it right.

And what's with the title of your thread?  It's got "I'm a troll and I want some attention." written all over it.

The community is clearly NOT losing players. Just check the steam charts. Also, H1z1 has fewer players right now than dayz and not everyone wants the type of playstyle that that game promotes. There also way LESS content and even if it might seem more polished to the noobed eye, the game is quite shallow.

I have also noticed that the military areas where there used to be ten ak's, magazines, vests and backpacks now dont seem to respawn as much. There are two exceptions, Stary tents and Myshkino. These seem to respawn quicker and are always stocked with loot.  But to say that thers NO loot elsewhere on the map? I have geared up four characters on 0.60 so far, three on public and one on private, all of them have had a gun with ammo within half an hour and decent gear within two hours. One of them has had an AUG with mags and one an AKS with mag and other weapons as well, the others scoped rifles, backpacks, decent clothes and assorted stuff. I even did the coastal run from Berezino with one of them but it was useless. The cities have no loot, even the coastal police stations are empty. I dont know if its intentional but it probably is. Its kinda boring though as there are no people there now except newspawns and I can understand how some people miss that stuff. Lots of hilarities used to happen there along with the normal boring murdering.

But still.....bro....its Alpha. Lots of things might change.

• Like 1

This game will never live up to the expectation put upon it.. never. I learned quite a long time ago, you either deal with it, or you don't. You can't be disappointed, it's not allowed nor forgivable on a game that's in development.. until the game stops being developed, I'm afraid your concerns and feedback is simply seen as the rants of a moaning, discontent, troll.

This whole Alpha thing is great for providing excuses for a bad game and prolonging the games lifespan, but it is what it is. The game 'is' getting better, I tried experimental .60 and it was MUCH improved in regards to performance, but I didn't see enough to see me wasting away 1000's of hours like times once past. When I see DayZ in my steam library, its the last game I'd pick, I want and hope for that to one day change.

• Like 1

I would say loot is one of the perks in this game.  Well it used to be. I would also say that 0.58 was the best patch for loot even though SVDs and VSSs didn't spawn, it was still really good for persistent loot. DayZ is a game where the perspective you hold on it really matters. You may say "well obviously" but this started out as a simple mod for ArmA 2 that grew into a fully standalone game. I'm not going to be the first to say this, or even the last, but it's definitely lost it's magic. The reason: the devs. They do not listen to the community like other devs for other games do. This is alpha. Possibly the biggest excuse for slow development. However that shouldn't change the devs attitude towards the community for their game. If they just listened for what people want and just do that, if they put systems in place and ask the community for what they want fixed first, this game would be far far more enjoyable. The loot 100% needs to be adjusted. The dev team keep saying adjustments have been made well the adjustments they make just aren't good enough. 0.60 is good but it's not good progress for how long they have been working on it. Who knows though? Maybe everything will change. Right now though, the game isn't justifiably being updated and tweaked and edited and improved enough for the needs of the players.

Loot simply not a problem for me in 0.60. I don't mean to be rude, but perhaps you're just not trying hard enough. This has never been headed towards an easy or instantly gratifying experience. It's a difficult, nasty, bitch of a game.

If it's just a question of staying alive, that's why there are apple trees and a chicken every 20 feet...

• Like 1

There is way too much loot as of right now, This thread is whining at its finest.

Most of your guys' responses to my points are absolutely 100% unconstitutional and downright blasphemous.

5 hours ago, Parazight said:

Oh?  Where do you get your metrics? How do you know that this community is losing players quick?  Where do you get your data?  Can you provide actual numbers?

I've put many hours into .60 and haven't experienced any problem with the loot economy.  Same with many of the other veteran forum posters here.  I would suggest that you stop being bad at the game.  Seriously, you're not doing it right.

And what's with the title of your thread?  It's got "I'm a troll and I want some attention." written all over it.

cSWm7eM.jpg

Dear Parazight,  what do you notice in this metric? The active users has constantly been declining since release. The spike of players currently online is obviously due to people who bought the game before getting back on (like myself) to see how it is with the new stable version. I know of many people who I've played countless hours with who stopped playing because of the loot system alone. 

None of that means anything.. judging from what I've read other players read not only here but in-game, the amount of time it takes for someone to get loot and enjoy the rest of the game play hurts the growth of this game. 

Oh, yeah.. it's alpha. I'm playing it wrong, it's the players fault they invested in empty promises. They better get it together and figure out a way to come to beta before they try releasing this trash on consoles or WE WILL RIOT.

Edited by JudoCobra

Kinda funny how every single change to the loot mechanics has brought about at least one thread explaining how the game is killing itself with a rusty spoon. I lol'd.

This thread is slightly more interesting in that the OP is trying to shame the developers into reconsidering. I mean, it's still silly, but at least it's something different.

And for what it's worth, loot scarcity is good. I played back when there was an abundance of loot. The deathmatching was worse. Bambies died in droves, and all the CoD kiddies had a gay ol' time.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JudoCobra said:

Most of your guys' responses to my points are absolutely 100% unconstitutional and downright blasphemous.

Huh?

FWIW I've just had my most fun and most frightening day in DayZ. Got shot up, nearly died, crept around in the dark within 3m of Zs (who now jump walls and walk into tents), some bad luck, some good, but up on the day and lived to tell the tale. This patch has its frustrations, but I'm enjoying it. Meanwhile your hyperbole seems a bit weird. Perhaps this just isn't the game for you.

• Like 1

I made a character on a private hive tonight. Went from the coast to NWA. When It ended two hours later I had a rak with mag, shotgun with bullets, ak with silencer no mag, hunting backpack, m65 jacket, usmc pants, scope etc.  Loot is clearly broken.  This was before I went to teh tents since i got shot by some wallglitchers in the firestation and ATC.

Also, when a game is released theres naturally a lot of people trying it, this number will decrease over time but as of now theres almost double the amount of people playing than before 0.60.

In the end, its a personal thing. Some people like this type of game and some wont have the patience for it. If you dont like it, just leave. Dont write annoying whine-posts on forums, just leave. I've played hundreds of games online during ym 16 years as a gamer and not once have I written a whine-post about how crappy the game has gotten or always was. its pointless.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Killawife said:

I made a character on a private hive tonight. Went from the coast to NWA. When It ended two hours later I had a rak with mag, shotgun with bullets, ak with silencer no mag, hunting backpack, m65 jacket, usmc pants, scope etc.  Loot is clearly broken.  This was before I went to teh tents since i got shot by some wallglitchers in the firestation and ATC.

Also, when a game is released theres naturally a lot of people trying it, this number will decrease over time but as of now theres almost double the amount of people playing than before 0.60.

In the end, its a personal thing. Some people like this type of game and some wont have the patience for it. If you dont like it, just leave. Dont write annoying whine-posts on forums, just leave. I've played hundreds of games online during ym 16 years as a gamer and not once have I written a whine-post about how crappy the game has gotten or always was. its pointless.

Am I not allowed to voice my displeasure about the current version of this game? You call it annoying yet you took your time (in your tenured, 16 years as a gamer) to respond to my post to tell me if (paraphrasing) it isn't for me don't play it? I enjoy the survival horror genre and I am sure that if the loot system was more friendly to new players and tenured players alike it would be more enjoyable.

Private hive? I'm honestly asking -- are private hives able to increase the loot spawning compared to public hives? If that's the case I'm all for it. 

If they cannot.. absolutely, without a shadow of a doubt, these developers should be ashamed. It's beyond comprehension how poorly this game has been developed! Disgusting. 

5 hours ago, JudoCobra said:

Am I not allowed to voice my displeasure about the current version of this game? You call it annoying yet you took your time (in your tenured, 16 years as a gamer) to respond to my post to tell me if (paraphrasing) it isn't for me don't play it? I enjoy the survival horror genre and I am sure that if the loot system was more friendly to new players and tenured players alike it would be more enjoyable.

Private hive? I'm honestly asking -- are private hives able to increase the loot spawning compared to public hives? If that's the case I'm all for it. 

If they cannot.. absolutely, without a shadow of a doubt, these developers should be ashamed. It's beyond comprehension how poorly this game has been developed! Disgusting. 

Except, you know, Day Z isn't a Survival Horror game.

It is a "survival game", one of the first, and that generally means loot scarcity.

PS: there is pleeeennnnttttyyyyyyyyy of loot; food, guns ammo, etc. It is just slightly harder to find compared to earlier versions of the game. Now, instead of running directly to "gun/food houses", you actually have to look for stuff.

The horror!

https://imgflip.com/readImage?iid=26445440

@JudoCobra I actually also think this game simply isn't for you, you don't really like it for what it is or is becoming.

7 hours ago, JudoCobra said:

Clearly you have tons of experience with early-access game development.

If you actually played the game for any substantial amount of time you'd realize that the loot is fine as-is for an alpha product still in development.  All of the players that I've ran with, who actually enjoy the game, have experienced a balanced loot economy and are able to start on the coast, progress to the northwest and be geared out with little effort.  Perhaps if you spent more than 30 minutes playing the game and quit lamenting over your experience for a while you'd see that it's not that hard.  Additionally, no one that actually matters will ever take you seriously if you express in all-caps how 'shameful' they should be.

Go ahead and riot.  I need a good laugh.

Edited by Parazight
  • Like 1

It's petty easy to survive, and it's also pretty easy to get good gear. This patch is nothing like as bad as 0.55...

It's obvious with your talk of private hives and spawn frequencies that you really just want the game to be easier (and you'd be happy to pay for that...).

I used to be a bit like you about DayZ (although my problem was usually about how simply outrageous it was that people fell through floors, or suchlike). If you stick with the game, you will enjoy it more. If you just want something easy to do, please go away and find something else. It will be a better use of your time, and less of a waste of ours having to read these crappy threads.

4 hours ago, Mookie (original) said:
5 hours ago, Parazight said:

Clearly you have tons of experience with early-access game development.

If you actually played the game for any substantial amount of time you'd realize that the loot is fine as-is for an alpha product still in development.  All of the players that I've ran with, who actually enjoy the game, have experienced a balanced loot economy and are able to start on the coast, progress to the northwest and be geared out with little effort.  Perhaps if you spent more than 30 minutes playing the game and quit lamenting over your experience for a while you'd see that it's not that hard.  Additionally, no one that actually matters will ever take you seriously if you express in all-caps how 'shameful' they should be.

Go ahead and riot.  I need a good laugh.

It's petty easy to survive, and it's also pretty easy to get good gear. This patch is nothing like as bad as 0.55...

It's obvious with your talk of private hives and spawn frequencies that you really just want the game to be easier (and you'd be happy to pay for that...).

I used to be a bit like you about DayZ (although my problem was usually about how simply outrageous it was that people fell through floors, or suchlike). If you stick with the game, you will enjoy it more. If you just want something easy to do, please go away and find something else. It will be a better use of your time, and less of a waste of ours having to read these crappy threads.

You guys are way too easy. Of course I'm trolling. I was drinking one night after playing and was upset I didn't find anything so I came on here to ruffle your feathers. 

Like, seriously, you couldn't tell I'm being over the top with the "100% unconstitutional" stuff.. lol.

I actually played yesterday on a private hive though with no KoS and met up with four guys and had a great time in NWAF. I don't have the same luck on a public hive and I'm not sure why but maybe as someone mentioned earlier I'm not going to the right areas from the coast.

Thanks for the laughs gentlemen. Its been a pleasure. 

On 19.6.2016 at 8:08 PM, JudoCobra said:

Don't tell me to go up north either. Been there done that and found a revolver with no ammo. The loot respawn needs to change. This game has been in alpha for 3 years and THE ONLY change worth mentioning is that your computer won't crash every time you go into town. 

This community is losing players quick, it's quite sad because if you could easily find loot

I am quite open when it comes to criticism as well, BUT in your statements, lots are simply not true.

- most people will have a gun with matching ammo in less than 30 minutes. Which is way too easy in my opinion, since guns should not be more common than food, but often they are. If you play a sandbox or survival game, you shouldn't just stumble upon tons of ammo and guns. Surviving should be difficult. It is a daring task to sneak around an armed group unnoticed, when you only have a melee weapon. It's fun as well. If youz want to be ready for a shoot out ion 2 minutes, there are a lot of other games on the market. In my opinion, getting guns and ammo is still way too easy. With my current char, my toughest task was to decide whether to drop my SVD with mag and ammo for an M4 or not ... I don't like this kind of trouble.

- Loosing players quick? have a look at steam charts. Last time we had as many peak players as we currently have was March 2015. So we are not looking at a game bordering death. Granted, ARK or Rust do attract more players, but DayZ left its decline with 0.60 gewtting online,.

I think Mr Cobra has some issues. Hopefully he can resolve them and stop wasting everyone's time, either with his threads, or his post-hoc 'I was drunk, zomg!' excuses for his threads.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, JudoCobra said:

10 hours ago, JudoCobra said:

You guys are way too easy. Of course I'm trolling. I was drinking one night after playing and was upset I didn't find anything so I came on here to ruffle your feathers. 

Like, seriously, you couldn't tell I'm being over the top with the "100% unconstitutional" stuff.. lol.

I actually played yesterday on a private hive though with no KoS and met up with four guys and had a great time in NWAF. I don't have the same luck on a public hive and I'm not sure why but maybe as someone mentioned earlier I'm not going to the right areas from the coast.

Thanks for the laughs gentlemen. Its been a pleasure. 

You f***** a******

Edited by Killawife

9 hours ago, Mookie (original) said:

I think Mr Cobra has some issues. Hopefully he can resolve them and stop wasting everyone's time, either with his threads, or his post-hoc 'I was drunk, zomg!' excuses for his threads.

Alcohol abuse is very serious. Show some compassion and stop being so butthurt.

After restarting, the server im on is completely empty, nothing spawned, not even clothes. I have searched the little town on beach, moving past pusta, nothing at all. Came across many small settlements, absolutely nothing.Didnt have this issue before restarting