shadow71

Shotgun changes.

Hi guys,

I am heavy shotgun user in all games , and Dayz is no exception but there are some issues.

My suggestion is to make shotguns stronger at ranges, not like 200m ranges but stronger in general.

A nice addition would be a deeper sound when fired. Right now the Shotgun sounds are really lacking depth and sense of power.

Also, a really nice addition could be the ALL black remington model 870 shotgun, maybe found at police stations only or crash sites?

ATI_870-right.jpg

Remember it is just a suggestion, but please take it into consideration.

Thanks for your time.

Edited by shadow71
  • Like 2

In the mods there was a remington with flashlight attached. I liked it for the light alone. The black variant with a flashlight would probably be something a lot of people might pick up. I'm not using shotguns much in Dayz, but apart from 9mm, 380 and 22cal it seems to be the most frequent ammo to find. So I started carrying a sawn off in my backpack. I would pick up a shotgun as my main, if they were more practical to use. I don't have a lot of confidence in the shotguns, but I haven't tried them in the last patches and heard they got some improvements. So it may be worth checking out. A new shotgun adds variety and makes it even more interesting to pick one up.

Edited by S3V3N

9 minutes ago, S3V3N said:

In the mods there was a remington with flashlight attached. I liked it for the light alone. The black variant with a flashlight would probably be something a lot of people might pick up. I'm not using shotguns much in Dayz, but apart from 9mm, 380 and 22cal it seems to be the most frequent ammo to find. So I started carrying a sawn off in my backpack. I would pick up a shotgun as my main, if they were more practical to use. I don't have a lot of confidence in the shotguns, but I haven't tried them in the last patches and heard they got some improvements. So it may be worth checking out. A new shotgun adds variety and makes it even more interesting to pick one up.

Agreed, in the mod the 870 was all i used when clearing military areas.

Currently the shotguns are better but not as good as they should be. I shot a guy about 5 times earlier today and blood came from his chest every time i shot, about 3 pellets hit him each time. he was about 14m away and it seemed as if he didn't get any damage at all. He then then turned around and killed me and that influenced me to write this post.

With 11 pellets each doing more damage than a .380 they are already strong enough, the problem was that they left out some values resulting in no damage to arms and legs, only broken bones. Also the spread is quite exaggerated within its effective range. That Remington 870 is very close to the MP133 which is apparently used by Chernarussian police, and for the high-tier loot at crash sites pump-action is outdated, an M1014 perhaps.

• Like 1

I honestly do not think they should add any more shotguns until the pellet/buckshot damage and pellet/buckshot penetration are fixed with reasonable %'s.

I'm a super fan of the saiga I cannot wait for that zombie soaker

Edited by deadlocked669

On 20/06/2016 at 10:27 AM, deadlocked669 said:

I honestly do not think they should add any more shotguns until the pellet/buckshot damage and pellet/buckshot penetration are fixed with reasonable %'s.

I'm a super fan of the saiga I cannot wait for that zombie soaker

With .61 the shotguns sound amazing, and I agree with the fixing of %'s.

I don't like the mp133 as it is ugly compared to the Remington lol. I'd just like for them to add it to the game.