Sign in to follow this  
DukeHenry

So halfway through the game you just up the system requirements?

Do they even know that there is a significant proportion of us on mid range pcs who cannot play the game anymore. 

When the settings are low the trees dont render in (they render in in phases of about 15 seconds total). The leaves dont render in. Buildings take ages to render in.

So I have to up the settings to get an even close to playable experience. Which apparently then causes complete frame rate drops.

So yeh...0.60 pretty much ruined this game for me. 

Time to upgrade you graphics card.

even a budget card now that supports dx11 will be better than your present card which must be a old potato if it does not support dx11

• Like 1

Before the update, I ran DayZ on a Radeon HD 4650. Shittily, but it ran enough for me to play. As long as I didn't fuck around in cities too much, I was okay. Firefights were hit or miss because my game would freeze up constantly. My card only supports DX10 so I'm having to upgrade (which should've been done a long time ago anyway) but the way I'm choosing to look at it is in this way: 1.) The game will most likely be much better optimized for me once I do upgrade and 2.) Many newer games are gonna need better GPUs so I'll eventually knock out two birds with one stone.

What's your current graphics card, if you don't mind me asking?

1 hour ago, DukeHenry said:

Do they even know that there is a significant proportion of us on mid range pcs who cannot play the game anymore. 

do you know that mid range systems don't stay mid-range forever?

even my old HD5000 series GPU (which i dont use anymore) would be able to run it (more or less).

and i think i bought it about 5-6 years ago.

i still find it a bit *insert unflattering adverb* that they actually changed the minumum requirements.

if i was you i would contact the steam support and ask for a refund (if you bought it before they changed the requirements, which was a while ago already)

but to be honest, i think they should change the requrements once again and go for 64bit only.

that should be standard by now, and would allow to use much more memory (and hopefully decrease micro laggs)

• Like 1

Yeah you are going to have to upgrade friend, hardware has been evolving pretty rapidly the past decade. But the Software has been staying behind pumping out X-Box 360/low spec PC engines for years, this last generation of consoles lasted the longest and held everything back. Software is catching up, it's going to go full sprint here soon and your PC will be unable to run many new titles anyway now that all developers are moving to the next next generation. This already happened to a bunch of us with Direct X 9-10 and Windows XP/Vista. I started on a real potato that could barely run Half Life, my first PC game, been tinkering with them ever since.

What you should really do is just rebuild entirely into a 6-8 core AMD budget build with some mid range liquid cooling for 500-700$. And don't ever touch the clock settings until you research, AMD can really crank it up, but if ur PSU/MOBO are not rated for the voltage... Cost me mine because I was trying to push games like old DayZ:SA and GTA:V to get more out of the only two cores it used, got 142 fps in The Witcher 3 so I was like it has to work better then this...

And be careful some DX11 cards are not DX12 compatible, that new engine will be optimized for 4++ cores I believe, the old engine was catered to 1 Core. So you might want to get ahead of the game a bit, welcome to PC master race, where parts get better every 6 months! :)

In the Steam Store it did once say that both the minimum and recommended system requirements for DirectX was Version 9.0c. 

So yeah, for you guys with older cards, it is some bullshit.

But you can't do much about it, because Steam covered themselves with a standard limitation of liability in the Steam Subscriber Agreement.

So did Bohemia:

VosgiXZ.png

I really think you should try increasing your settings, instead of lowering them! I have a really old 570ti and an i7 from 5-6 years ago. I plan on updating this year. Anyhow, I tried lowering my settings today and the game ran much worse. I then put it back to default and even raised some settings and performance is better. And the game looks and feels better than ever before. If you have under 8GB of RAM you should also fix that. For everything Dayz has to offer now the game is pretty optimized. I'm sure with a few cheapo fixes you can get a PC to handle it. 

Good advice S3V3VN. Even 'older' graphics cards are designed to take load off the CPU. Good advice to push your graphics card and leave the CPU to more mundane tasks. By the way I run an 'older'  I7 but this chip overclocks so easily that I still run stable at 4.6 GH.

Lol what a silly post OP..."halfway through the game" lol. The game thats not even released. Developers really need to be more selective about participants in a beta or alpha

Edited by svisketyggeren

3 hours ago, svisketyggeren said:

Lol what a silly post OP..."halfway through the game" lol. The game thats not even released. Developers really need to be more selective about participants in a beta or alpha

Yeh and we paid for it lol. We paid for it based on certain provided system requirements which are now not valid. In what world is this ok? You are anti-consumer I guess. Thats cool. But most of us prefer to look after ourselves and comsumers in general rather than shill for big businesses.

22 minutes ago, sausagekingofchicago said:

I understand the frustration but a dx11 card can be purchased for about the price of the game itself.

I have a dx11 card. It is about running the game. Performance got worse on my GT640 card. Yeh its not the best card, but it worked previously for day z.

I would of got a refund if I had just bought this game. But now I can't get a refund because its been 2.5 years since I bought it (not under 2 weeks as steam require). So what am I meant to do? A game which worked fine for me now basically is unplayable because they changed their system requirements. And I can't get a refund? I understand you want to shill for them but please explain how this doesn't suck for me and others like me and please explain how this is fair. if you want then you can buy me a $150 graphics card and send it to me? 

1 hour ago, DukeHenry said:

Yeh and we paid for it lol. We paid for it based on certain provided system requirements which are now not valid. In what world is this ok? You are anti-consumer I guess. Thats cool. But most of us prefer to look after ourselves and comsumers in general rather than shill for big businesses.

lol how misinformed can u be?? U really thought that an alpha release would have the same system requirements all the way through the development?

The difference between u and me is that I knew what I was buying into...u thought u knew. Unless u can provide us with the statement thats says the system req will be the same throughout development.

Like I said, devs need to be more selective...

Edited by svisketyggeren

Just now, svisketyggeren said:

lol how misinformed can u be?? U really thought that an alpha release would have the same system requirements all the way through the development?

The difference between u and me is that I knew what I was buying into...u thought u knew. Unless u can provide us with the statement thats says the system req will be the same throughout development.

So lets say tomorrow they up the system requirements again because they cant optimise their game and now you cant play anymore. Still be singing the same tune? I actually think if you are going to sell a product you need to keep the system requirements static. I am confused for the argument against this.

I could afford a new PC and gfx card. I am a highly successful individual, probably because I dont spend my time on gaming forums shilling for companies who take my money. But I dont see why I should at all.

3 minutes ago, DukeHenry said:

So lets say tomorrow they up the system requirements again because they cant optimise their game and now you cant play anymore. Still be singing the same tune? I actually think if you are going to sell a product you need to keep the system requirements static. I am confused for the argument against this.

I could afford a new PC and gfx card. I am a highly successful individual, probably because I dont spend my time on gaming forums shilling for companies who take my money. But I dont see why I should at all.

"WARNING: THIS GAME IS EARLY ACCESS ALPHA. PLEASE DO NOT PURCHASE IT UNLESS YOU WANT TO ACTIVELY SUPPORT DEVELOPMENT OF THE GAME AND ARE PREPARED TO HANDLE WITH SERIOUS ISSUES AND POSSIBLE INTERRUPTIONS OF GAME FUNCTIONING."

If you're playing just withing the edge of system requirements in early access game then really be prepared for something to change.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, DukeHenry said:

Dosent matter how u bend or swing ur argument. If u feel that ur games should have a static system requirement...BUY A FINISHED GAME....

...and really, even finished games could change their system requirements. Many mmo`s have upgraded their graphics engine, released expansions packs that demands high requirements. Ur basic argument is silly. So yes, I would be singing the same tune.

If you bought into Standalone 2.5 years ago, then you must have paid less than $30 US.  I'd venture that you have already gotten your money's worth out of both this title, and your aging card.  Have you thought of starting a GoFundYourself campaign to improve your machine?

I'll bet you also complain to the shoe store when you walk the soles off a pair of sneakers after a couple years.

Lots of folks actually get excited about it, when software improvements force the upgrading of hardware. Oh well, Ned Ludd saved a spot for you at his complaining table.

• Like 2

On 6/17/2016 at 10:23 AM, DukeHenry said:

I have a dx11 card. It is about running the game. Performance got worse on my GT640 card. Yeh its not the best card, but it worked previously for day z.

I would of got a refund if I had just bought this game. But now I can't get a refund because its been 2.5 years since I bought it (not under 2 weeks as steam require). So what am I meant to do? A game which worked fine for me now basically is unplayable because they changed their system requirements. And I can't get a refund? I understand you want to shill for them but please explain how this doesn't suck for me and others like me and please explain how this is fair. if you want then you can buy me a $150 graphics card and send it to me? 

Let's see.. (pardon I know this post is oldish but)..   Perhaps buy a new card?  Look, I feel the pain of having to fork out for a new card, welcome to PC gaming?  I'm juggling the decision between dual 480's, a 1070, or try to play 'match the hicks' and buy a 1080 for the price of a nice mountain bike that doesn't fall apart after a few months of nonstop riding.     Even a basic 480 (at 200-ish bux) is better than both of our cards.   Any cards under-performing the 1070 are about to drop in price like insane (once stock levels start to drop and the manufacturers can keep up with current demand) so you're looking at 100-200 bucks for a card that can outperform both of our setups for practically nothing.  Any number of us could come up with 2 bills if we REALLY wanted.  It's just about what is important to you.  Whining about a game finally upgrading to next gen tech or selling that crap in your garage/attic/closet and putting in 5-10 hours of overtime is kind of silly.  :/  Just saying bro.

It sucks but, again, welcome to PC gaming.  We have to upgrade.  Just be grateful we can and we're not console scrubs stuck waiting for some overpriced rehash of the same system with more memory with a new brand name slapped on it.  Shit man, you had 2.5 years (if actual time, you didn't pay shit for the game) of experiences for practically nothing.  If you want to be a PC gamer accept what comes with it and buy in. 

Edited by sausagekingofchicago

Our gaming experience depends on eagerly lapping up salty tears of people who are too cheap to upgrade their systems to meet the demands of games in development. It means the games are moving into the present instead of wasting any more time in the past.

On ‎6‎/‎16‎/‎2016 at 6:36 PM, xgobacktosleep said:

Before the update, I ran DayZ on a Radeon HD 4650. Shittily, but it ran enough for me to play. As long as I didn't fuck around in cities too much, I was okay. Firefights were hit or miss because my game would freeze up constantly. My card only supports DX10 so I'm having to upgrade (which should've been done a long time ago anyway) but the way I'm choosing to look at it is in this way: 1.) The game will most likely be much better optimized for me once I do upgrade and 2.) Many newer games are gonna need better GPUs so I'll eventually knock out two birds with one stone.

What's your current graphics card, if you don't mind me asking?

http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/midlow_range_gpus.html

low end card bud, time to update it.

Ok i am going to look at this from the other side of this problem. So we have a  minority on low system specs(  a gt640 is  entry level from what 4 years ago ?? the gtx 650 from that era would be mid level ( then )oh and would be capable of running the game) . Then we have the screaming masses pretty much constantly dev bashing for the engine to be updated to take advantage of there most likely mid level pc's(actual mid level pc's not someone trying to make themselves feel better by calling there potato mid level).

So do you aim for the larger vocal  group who seem to have the ability or want to spend a little money on there pc's over the last 5 years or do you aim for the market which grows smaller and smaller as there pc's die (hey if your to cheap to upgrade your gpu i imagine the hard drives are just as old and they don't live forever )

No my gt 780ti sc is now 4 years old, still top end card. It was a special build by mistake why it was so hard to buy. Now users today should think about a 4 year old i7-i5 and purchase the 760ti 4gb card or better with about 16gb of memory.

you can find used towers s1156-s1155-s1150 out there for little to nothing dollars and beef them up. Do not get one that has 4gb of ddr2, but ddr 3 16gb support even first gen due to the restrictions of memory changes in the stores.

video cards are very robust.

I am telling you guys I have 3 i7 towers in the office here and all play new games well. s1155-s1156-and s1150 i7 towers. you just need good graphics cards like the 760gtx ti or better. 300 bucks for a video card vrs my 900 one at the time is a steal for the top end cards.

Systems with core 2 duo, and i3 older gens play games like crap, usually have. If you cant afford to purchase a new one spec out used ones, and compare builds of 2 years or less for a few hundred dollars.

Most people are afraid to ask system builders and gamers what is good and what isn't on the market.

anything less then i5-i7 16gb ddr3, towers are asking for problems. sata 3 drives are fine, and can be upgraded to ssd drives cheaply. video cards on the other hand will be costly. 300 dollar range for a card that will last for a few years. You do not need to spend 900 on a video card.

Research it, that is free.