SMoss

Stable Branch - 0.60 Discussion

19 minutes ago, x_CUDDLES_x said:

i already know how to dupe hahaha they take one glitch out and replace it with another (sorry/notsorry) see you all in cherno for pvp

i guess you wanted to post in 0.61 stable topic...

and you wanted to say:

"hey i found a new way to duplicate items, but don't worry i have already reported it in a private report on the feedback tracker, becasue i'm not a little bug abusing pvp kid. if i was, i would go COD or H1Z1"

oh, wait waht?

well, too bad.

but you have delete 0.61 stable topic? i not see.. anyway i have a bug.. my head is without texture.. all black ..

I agree please make a 0.61 thread.

I've found that the fireplaces are broken.  I can't put a fireplace into any of the ones in a house. 

Obviously I can't put it on the floor and light it.  When you're drenched and it's raining this makes it impossible to start one to dry of get warm or cook.

Kind of game breaking no?

Yes I dragged rags to sticks  and created the fireplace. it only gives me the option to put on the ground in the house not in the fireplace in the house.

\_(:/)_/

11 hours ago, doctorwhy said:

I've found that the fireplaces are broken.  I can't put a fireplace into any of the ones in a house. 

Obviously I can't put it on the floor and light it.  When you're drenched and it's raining this makes it impossible to start one to dry of get warm or cook.

Yes I dragged rags to sticks  and created the fireplace. it only gives me the option to put on the ground in the house not in the fireplace in the house.

Can you send it to our feedback tracker, please? It is working for me.

13 hours ago, doctorwhy said:

1 hour ago, Baty Alquawen said:

This happened to me as well. It was raining and I was freezing and trying to make a fire, tried multiple houses... no "Place fireplace" option except on the floor, which doesn't work in a house.

Oddly enough, as I was giving up and leaving one of the little single-room log houses, I saw the "Place fireplace" option show up near the door. I selected it and the fireplace was placed in mid-air next to the window by the door. I was able to light it and warm up, but wasn't able to cook my chicken on it (no "Pose stick towards fire" option)

I'm at work all day, but I'll try to submit something to the feedback tracker tonight if it hasn't already been reported by then.

14 hours ago, doctorwhy said:

1 hour ago, kerberosi said:

This happened to me as well. It was raining and I was freezing and trying to make a fire, tried multiple houses... no "Place fireplace" option except on the floor, which doesn't work in a house.

Oddly enough, as I was giving up and leaving one of the little single-room log houses, I saw the "Place fireplace" option show up near the door. I selected it and the fireplace was placed in mid-air next to the window by the door. I was able to light it and warm up, but wasn't able to cook my chicken on it (no "Pose stick towards fire" option)

I'm at work all day, but I'll try to submit something to the feedback tracker tonight if it hasn't already been reported by then.

I got the option to do this..There were two options when you scroll on the fireplace. "place fireplace" and "place fireplace on ground" you need to choose "place fireplace" 

5 minutes ago, boggle said:

I got the option to do this..There were two options when you scroll on the fireplace. "place fireplace" and "place fireplace on ground" you need to choose "place fireplace" 

The "Place fireplace" was not even available as an option (with or without scrolling - only "Place fireplace on the ground" was an option), except in a very strange spot in mid-air near the door of that one house. It was not an option at all for me in the actual brick fireplace of the house like it always has been before. I tried reloading the game, and multiple servers, with the same problem. I've placed hundreds of fireplaces on the ground and in houses, and never experienced this before.

1 hour ago, boggle said:

I scrolled like there is no tomorrow.  You can't survive without knowing other options for sure;)
i know you're checking we did everything but please believe me I tried everything...well except checking for a place fireplace option by a door....

2 hours ago, kerberosi said:

Would gladly do that but it's under maintenance.

Would love to have a 0.61 stable discussion where this technically belongs as well....just sayin'

;)

• Like 1

Bug report is allready done with several suscribers.

Cannot put fireplace on house was issue on some experimental version but it was fixed...but it came back.

Edited by kopo79
  • Like 2

Awesome!  I needs me my fire to cooks me my CHICKEN!!!!!

:)

12 minutes ago, kopo79 said:

Bug report is allready done with several suscribers.

Cannot put fireplace on house was issue on some experimental version but it was fixed...but it came back.

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/99475253741547562/06E3B63B00DADC501B16DBDF7C37FC6D2E822613/

tested again...i cant put it furnace but on window i can...stable version and x32.
i have tested this with rags and thicks and also with bark...and in several houses.on that house you can put it on window but other houses text "place fireplace" is on bookshelf.

Edited by kopo79
  • Like 1

On 12/21/2016 at 11:04 AM, HaseDesTodes said:

i guess this might be what you were looking for

Why is this .60 thread still open?

• Like 1

Mods been swept away by holiday season I guess. :)

Anyway, since this seems to be the only place to discuss 0.61 stable for now, I was wondering has anyone else seen other animals ingame besides wolves?

I've seen a couple of chickens but no boars or deers lately.

30 minutes ago, Batlan said:

Mods been swept away by holiday season I guess. :)

Anyway, since this seems to be the only place to discuss 0.61 stable for now, I was wondering has anyone else seen other animals ingame besides wolves?

I've seen a couple of chickens but no boars or deers lately.

I killed two cows with a bow, and i heard deer calls but it was in thick woods so i didn't see them.

PS  I don't think Boars are in .61 stable

Edited by green_mtn_grandbob
to add a PS

20 hours ago, Baty Alquawen said:

can you try more?
i cant put fireplace none of the buildings?

In lights of summits recent rant (which I dont necessarily agree with), I do agree that I hope the player controller will make fights less clunky.

There is a lot of things but here are two major points for me.

1.  raising your gun should happen much much much faster. even an untrained civilian could raise their gun within 0.2 seconds, especially if adrenaline is flowing and your life depends on it.
  2.  gun sway while strafing / walking needs to be reduced quite a bit. again, even an untrained civilian could hold his gun more steady than that. I dare anyone to try it out with a broomstick. tape a laserpointer on it for increased effect.
Edited by Buakaw

1 hour ago, Buakaw said:

snip

I believe the new player controller is going to drastically gun raising, I've heard that specifically mentioned in previous dev reports.

• Like 1

Also about 0.61 patch...

What the hell is happening with hypothermia?? I already got that it's broken on accelerated time servers (rain=death if no buildings around), but just what the hell? Are all characters coming from africa (or wherever there is hot weather) that they cannot survive temperatures below 10 degree Celsius and die in 30 minutes? As I live in similar climatic zone it seems really stupid to me. Making campfires and changing clothes becomes irritating! I agree that temperature should be something to worry about in dayz, but cmon... hypothermia insta kills you? Could be if dayz setting was more like Syberia winter with -40 dergee. Why hypothermia not just causing respiratory disease (and this would be logical)?

P.S. Should I post it into suggestions? In my opinion that is obvious and easy solution and I don't get why devs are adding more clothes/wolves and other useless things before getting core features to work?

Why did they remove the option to see how many players are in each server? I just wanna enjoy the game and not really worry about other players shooting me in the back. I understand that its 'all about the player interaction' but for me its really not

• Like 1

Just throwing a plug into Stable Patch Discussion ^_^ If you want to test the Stable version of the game AND have an awesome time doing it, why not give 1PP Hardcore RP on http://aftermathdayzrp.com/portal.ph a chance? 

Really lovely group of roleplayers that are mass assembling again for the .61 hype, but more are always welcome! No KOS, but there are PvP areas that are inherently more dangerous to be around! 

If anyone is interested, take a look at the website, check the Server Rules and Server Lore in the Information Tab, then fill out an Application for Whitelisting! Hope to see you all there! 

Edited by Espa