SMoss

Stable Branch - 0.60 Discussion

guys but that happens? I do not want to do the polemical but in a year and I stress a year for a single patch is now out! probably will be two with 0.61. I think it is absurd

@MATTEO M

EDIT let me put it like this, when the 061 is out and 2016 turns to 2017, than i think you can whine or not whine but be disappointed.

I hear ya and i kinda feel the same. And we are not alone lol i think the most players feel like this, even the dev team. My point is, you cant just say, hey they just released one update this year, without context.

That update bringed us the new render and i bet there was ALOT of work! And it had to be GREAT, not only because its gonna be with us for the rest of dayz life, but also if it hadnt the community had gone ape ***!

061 will give us the new sound system, that also gonna stick with us the rest of... If we just skip ahead of time and say that with 061 we also got the new player control and the new animation system(wich they already have done alot of work to, so its not that we have to wait for another year, for they to start making progress). What had the dev team done then?

I mean(i think) there are ppl working on other(alot of things) stuff already and have done so for quite some time, like the awesome looking plane they just teased us with with the latest sr. the basebuilding aso. ..

TLTR even if its just two updates this year(hey! maybe they squeeze out 062 this year too), it can still be that good that dayz starts giving us beta vibbs!

Best regards!

PS as always, sorry for my bad english!

DS @Hicks_206 (DayZ) the plane looks so good, the surfice damage on metal just wow! You should give the guys & garls at least a "Pat on the shoulder" xD

Edited by zemos (DayZ)

sorry for my english i am italian. I'm just saying that I'm late light years. cabbage this game there how long? 2 or 3 years? this work was done early. it was known that the engine was the pits. on top of that they have a hundredfold houses and now all open (beautiful thing) but already with arma 2 e 3 is heavy let alone with such a complex map.Where are the camps? I saw the video where they built but not yet put them. salvation for this game honestly have modders which according to the road map they had the permits in 2015 or early 2016. Instead of rendering because I still know nothing . giving him these blessed permission to modders so this game has a boost

Well since the .61 exp thread is already open it should be... this coming Wednesday right...? Right...? *starts crying*

12 minutes ago, FunkInYourTrunk said:

Anyone know if the snare is worth it?  Have set them up a couple times but have never gotten a rabbit.

yeah it is, you have to place it and move like 50-100m away for 2-5min, then go back and check if it catched some or the rabbit escaped

• Like 1

So 4 months no patch ? I hope I can pass my steam account to my kids when I die, maybe they'll get the chance to play finished DayZ, or at least beta. 

Edited by General Zod
  • Like 1

The goal... to survive as long as possible and to craft everything that i can.  Have a small camp of one barrel set up and will look for a tent to add to it soon.  Have crafted my hat jacket vest and waterskin from leather and am using a spear. Stone knife. And a crafted bow and arrows.  Have eaten nothing not picked grown or killed. And am looking foreward to fishing beside a fire at camp once i am done crafting my apparel.  I am really enjoying this toon more than any before but am having one problem.  Not enough animals.  

The journy stared just north of cherno by the big appartments.  I found a backpack and hoody and reluctantly broke my rule and took them.  Found an aplee tree and filled my stomach.  Headed northish and stumbled on 3 deer stuck in a fence by a farmhouse a small distance away.  Due to space reasons i was only able to carry 2 pelts.  Headed eastward through the trees and came out somewhere near kami.  Searched kami and found barrel and lime to tan with and made some shtuff.  

Hid barrel and went through town tearing up clothes till i had rope to make a bow.  Now i just need to find more big game so i headed westward again till elektro and then on till about halfway to cherno again.  Went north through bush past stary and novy and eventually stumbled into nwaf.  Looked for a mil tent to no avail and bailed.  I have no use for guns or gorkas so i looted nothing.  I have now made my way back down to green mountain and still have yet to catch a glimpse of any more deer or even a single cow.  I did find a heli with a ammo box totally ful of 5.56 couldnt stop myself from taking it even though i wont use it.  Will stash for a later toon.

Any suggestions for a hunting route?  Was just thinking i would run circles round green Mountain forest for a bit. Im just not sure where else to look.  Is strange cuz i feel i found much more in previous patches.  Maybe im just thinking of my drive to work irl.  Gotta be 3 to 5 almost every trip

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, FunkInYourTrunk said:

Any suggestions for a hunting route?

The below route I used a lot in .59 and has been pretty good to me in the past, even early in .60.

but as this patch stands right now I don't know if it'll be that helpful as I don't see much game out there.

My best luck has always been west of Lopatino / southwest of Vavilovo and again in the fields between Polesovo and Troitskoe.

The rest of the route isn't arbitrary, I've had success hunting throughout.  I'd even update the map to go a bit closer to Krasnostav / Klen.

Unfortunately I've covered a lot of ground lately and I've only seen one deer herd recently and that was between Berezino and Khelm.

Good luck out there survivor.

TxcmctB.jpg

• Like 2

And a map even!  Cant like that post enough.  Thanks gary!  I would send beans but at the moment you will have to settle for more wallnuts.  I cant grow a can of beans haha.

• Like 1

Did they decrease Elektro spawns recently? It's annoying how barely anyone is ever there yet it's one of the most beautiful and best laid out towns in my opinion.

Edit: Also for some reason there is a huge performance difference between public and private servers. Public servers lag 10x as much as private servers of similar ping. Eat a can of peaches on public and wait 15 seconds for it to go through, where it is instant on a full private. I don't know if all publics are just getting DDos'd right now or what but I know many people who have stopped playing pub completely (including myself) because it is just a cesspool of lag and glitchers.

Edited by Kohlbar

Early to say yet, but it looks like I have lost another camp due to the server disappearing after an update :-(. 

I have been trying to keep up with all this as a sort of recent player of DayZ.  It is great, the changes from .58 to .59 to .60 are all getting better but I realize things get modified it can affect other things.

As far as the persistence of Vehicle or stability or whatever, It is different from .59 to .60.  I assembled a bunch of vehicles with help and we were able to place them around the map etc.  they were there when you logged even after a couple of days.  To include server resets.  The loot was not reset, just the server.  This was in .59, They never moved.  

I have found this to not be true in .60. I set up a vehicle drive to Rogovo. End my session for the day and log the next day or latter that same day and poof gone. Annoying to say the least.

The only things I have heard from the update video was regarding the Bumblebee and it not being ready yet due to stability issues with vehicles.  So where does this leave us?  I have seen no comments on the Late Sep video update about this issue and nothing on the 11 OCT 2016 update either... 

On 10/17/2016 at 7:03 AM, RJM.SLAP said:

The only things I have heard from the update video was regarding the Bumblebee and it not being ready yet due to stability issues with vehicles.  So where does this leave us?  I have seen no comments on the Late Sep video update about this issue and nothing on the 11 OCT 2016 update either... 

I'm not sure which forum you're reading if you've not read anything about the state of vehicles in .60 and the issues that have existed since .60 dropped. 

I have been looking for posts on this, but hard to find from my looking. That being said I may be using incorrect terms and all so I am not surprised really.  I mean it ultimately makes not a bit of difference for .60 really.  I was merely commenting on the fact the developer video update posted at DayZtv does not mention the vehicle issues and it is not listed in the must fix for the video post 25 OCT.

http://www.dayztv.com/video/dayz-map-changes-61-progress-dayz-status-report-highlight-25-october-2016/

I am remarking are they tracking this? I would assume so (regarding assumptions however we know that means) I am asking if anyone has read from the Dev. end of things if they are tracking this issue?

If this is the wrong place to loo/post on this topic not my intent to disrupt this thread, but then where do I need to look?  Thanks.

Has any one found a 75rd akm mag, smersh backpack and gun holster for the ballistic Vest? I do know they are hard to find. I was just wondering if they are spawning in this patch? Plus glow plugs and Truck battery's seam hard to find, but I have found 1 or 2.

12 minutes ago, Fing said:

Has any one found a 75rd akm mag, smersh backpack and gun holster for the ballistic Vest? I do know they are hard to find. I was just wondering if they are spawning in this patch? Plus glow plugs and Truck battery's seam hard to find, but I have found 1 or 2.

i found the complete set for the plate carrier from a RU heli crash

13 minutes ago, Fing said:

""

Plate carrier items spawn in Russian and American heli crash sites, I have a full set now and found the final piece at an American heli. I've found a couple smersh vests at Russian helis but no backpack yet. I haven't seen a 75rnd akm mag in a long time. 

On 11/2/2016 at 3:30 PM, Fing said:

I've actually been finding a lot of truck batteries in garages and storage buildings (self-storage/garage style). I have only seen one Smesh Backpack, it was at a chopper crash. As for the AKM mags... good luck. I've found a fair number of AK Mags (that works in AKM), only 1 AK101 mag... ever, and no AK type mag over 30rnds. It is kinda funny, but NATO ammo is far more common than NATO weapons, and AK weapons are far more common than AK ammo... go figure.

AKM and its mags usually spawn at Tisy military base. The last time I went there I found a whole bunch of them there. Drum mags seem very rare now, I've only had two on 0.60 in total. Haven't found a smersh vest anywhere but i have found holsters for the plate carrier quite a few times at american helis. But moslty I find the holster and no plate carrier or plate carrier and no holster or pockets. Only had one complete plate carrier in 0.60 and I didnt last long with it.

кто-нибудь мне может обьяснить что обозначает: вас изгнали из игры ( БattlEye:Globalban: e5382c #)

Edited by sava5054

i already know how to dupe hahaha they take one glitch out and replace it with another (sorry/notsorry) see you all in cherno for pvp