SMoss

Stable Branch - 0.60 Discussion

52 minutes ago, IMT said:

If all barrels are in use by players, no new ones will spawn unless one despawned which was in use. I made a topic about the same issue you guys are having on a private hive back in 0.59:

The other problem is if people are placing barrels and they aren't despawning the way they should be (as mentioned before I have one I just stumbled into from more than 2 weeks ago that's still in place and untouched) then we probably won't see any more barrels spawned in from others despawning. 

• Like 1

Thanks for the reply's.  I mainly play on a public server and it is a low pop one so I would suspect other people are using it like me making camps ( I did start, but due to lack of barrels and tents being bugged have stopped). I used the same server on .59 and found loads of barrels and the population was about the same size.  That is why I suspect there are less barrels on the server at the moment.  So far I have found 2 after about 24 hrs (gaming time) of looking around may be longer.  

9 hours ago, Mookie (original) said:

Agree. I haven't seen a spawned one for several days (and I've been looking pretty hard).

The little city right across from the tent city military base at the mid upper left of the map has a barrel that spawns in the street. this is where i server hopped for about 20 minutes and collected 3 one day to stash all my tuna and womans dresses.

Is it just me, or are almost all servers down? The server list is looking very thin, and all of the private hives I actually play and have characters on are offline.

Huh, I seemed to have missed that. It's strange because some servers are up. Usually they all go down.

13 hours ago, THUNDERMINE said:

all my tuna and womans dresses.

Sounds like a hell of a party. Do you mean Myshkino btw?

2 hours ago, Brokenbones said:

I wish they would be more specific about updates/patches/builds. With all due respect but what the fuck do they mean with "interaction"? For me it worked/works fine and interaction can be a hell of a lot of things: fix for ghost items? fix for persistence renewing? fix for input lag? fix for ...? I just wish they were a bit more specific and detailed about these things.

On 14/7/2016 at 4:13 AM, Kronons said:

@SMoss@Hicks_206 (DayZ) I'm sure you are aware. But all tents and barrels can not be interacted with since hotfix patch. Seems like a bug slipped through :P

You can still access inventory and move items in/out.

You can not pitch, pack, open, or close tents.

Edit: It seems for the 60 slot tent you can pitch but can not pack the tent. The military tent you can not interact with it.

Edit2: It seems like for a regular barrel without holes. You are still able to open/close the lid. I've been hearing reports of barrels with holes having the same issues as the tent.

Last Edit: Looked through the dev tickets and it seems a lot of issues including this one is fixed internally and will be hotfixed soon. Disregard my post. I will have to utilize the ticket system instead as the response time is fast. Thank you for your work and continue doing a great job!

The Stable branch update from today is for those exact issues, so please don't be shy to let us know via the tracker if the fixes worked or not.

• Like 3

guys! Help! day after day confronted with the problem. when you try to log on the server throws me to the main menu. what to do? The latest version, and the internet is good.

22 minutes ago, Denis Crusher said:

guys! Help! day after day confronted with the problem. when you try to log on the server throws me to the main menu. what to do? The latest version, and the internet is good.

You're not alone:

If I knew how to fix it, I would have helped that guy. There's a troubleshooting forum. I suggest you go there and see there are actually quite a few posts on this with no solutions. Monitor that for a fix. 

• Like 1

I FOUND POUCHES!!!!  NATO crash site south of NWAF between Kabanino and the airfield.  They were not attached to a plate carrier. I picked them up then ran off towards the NWAF. I realized that if I was spotted and shot, no one would believe me so I quickly logged and got the fuq out of Fukushima.  Video of the find coming soon. It will take a bit to convert and upload it.

yznIv9f.jpg

• Like 1

Guys, I'm just here to say "bye-bye". I know most of  you won't miss me, but I really meant well for the game and spent countless hours writing my experiences, posting screenshots and trying to point out what I found was lacking. It's actually amazing how Dayz managed to turn me from a fierce supporter into a complete hater over time. Apparently I am not allowed to ask when Beta really starts. Apparently it wasn't Q2/2016. 

Also Boneboys, it will surprise you I am moderating forums as well. German TV, reaching millions of people. The difference between our moderation style is that I allow anything but insults. So I was well aware you would shut me down for that, but for anything else: not really. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I lost the pouches!!!  I logged into a different server and the Winchester I dropped to take the pouches was back in my hands and I didn’t remember what server I was on when I found them. I tried server hopping to find that heli crash but the 90 second timer prevented me from hitting all the servers I play on before the chopper despawned.  It sucks but at least NOW I know they exist on this build!     PsyStormZ, you were right about those game files.  Pat yourself on the back and give yourself a handshake, your suspicions are confirmed. 

Wonder if that was just adjusted with this latest hotfix...

2 hours ago, eno said:

Wonder if that was just adjusted with this latest hotfix...

I just found another set of pouches at the same crash site spawn point and an ammo box filled with 240 rounds of 5.56, so I guess you were right about the hotfix. Damn, I thought I was special.

cEF1N7n.jpg

Edited by Judged_Guitly
additional photo
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Judged_Guitly said:

I just found another set of pouches at the same crash site spawn point and an ammo box filled with 240 rounds of 5.56, so I guess you were right about the hotfix. Damn, I thought I was special.

I won't believe you didn't win the pouch lottery (twice in a row) until I stumble into pouches at one of the next 5 heli sites I find. 

Edited by eno

2 minutes ago, eno said:

I won't believe you didn't win the pouch lottery until I stumble into pouches at one of the next 5 heli sites I find. 

I might be a little lucky but Im not that frickin lucky. I'm positive the forums will be beaming with pouch finds this weekend. 

Vid of second pouch find. Its dark and I use Shadow play so it pretty $hity but if it isnt documented it isnt done. 

57 minutes ago, Judged_Guitly said:

cEF1N7n.jpg

Wait what??? You can find ammo boxes full of ammo now? That is fucking sick. Adds a ton of needed value to helicopters.

Ok seriously can hip-fire crosshairs stop being a thing in this game? isn't that kinda the point that hip-fire is reserved for panicked spray and pray moments where you dont know exactly where you're going to hit? It's just extremely  frustrating because sometimes hip-fire is more accurate because it sort of "locks on" players when it pans over them, letting you know exactly when to shoot. Whereas with the ADS, that decision is left up to you. I'M SALTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On 7/16/2016 at 10:40 PM, Kohlbar said:

Ok seriously can hip-fire crosshairs stop being a thing in this game? isn't that kinda the point that hip-fire is reserved for panicked spray and pray moments where you dont know exactly where you're going to hit? It's just extremely  frustrating because sometimes hip-fire is more accurate because it sort of "locks on" players when it pans over them, letting you know exactly when to shoot. Whereas with the ADS, that decision is left up to you. I'M SALTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

there's servers with no crosshair.  woodlands northwoods is one.

Edited by Red_Ensign
  • Like 2