SMoss

Stable Branch - 0.60 Discussion

30 minutes ago, Mookie (original) said:

This has been very buggy for a while. With M4s I can usually get it to work, but you have to try more than one method and pay careful attention to when the dropdown box will actually give you the 'swap handguards' option. Sometimes you actually need two M4s to make it work. The trickiest thing is having one gun and trying to take one handguard off it, which I can never make work. 

I'm sure there's a logic to it somehow...

Have the gun on your back, double-click the handguard (it'll be in your hands). Voilá. Works everytime with AKs and M4s.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, wartzilla said:

Has anyone had any luck attaching/swapping handguards in this patch? I can't seem to get it to work on the AKs nor the M4.

Try dragging the wanted hand guard to the empty inventory slot of the weapon. It will then give you the option to swap. There may be other ways to accomplish this but this has worked for me on M4's and AK's. 

55 minutes ago, Judged_Guitly said:

-snip-

Congrats on 100 posts!

Please spell check your name. (I'm pretty sure you had it right at one time.)

You should be able to correct it where you edit your profile.

Thought you might like to know!

• Like 1

So I spent the morning getting the sedan that spawns in Svet in working order. Wrecked it before I got out of town.  Oh well, I went and got the Offroad near Black Lake working.  Totalled it before I got to Svet.  Man they're jicky - one minute you're in the middle of the road, next you're spinning out in the trees.  It's not like I'm new to driving - I'll put my hours behind the wheel in DayZ up with anyone - they're just horrible touchy then horrendously unresponsive.  And don't even think of driving within 50m of another vehicle. 

Edited by Thurman Merman
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Buakaw said:

Have the gun on your back, double-click the handguard (it'll be in your hands). Voilá. Works everytime with AKs and M4s.

Ah yeah, I forgot about that method (which I think we discovered a couple of patches ago...). Thanks. 

Remember - there is a theory that bipods and other railguard attachments are what is causing the naked-with-bare-gun spawn bug btw. I've ripped the bipods off everything as a precaution until the cause is identified.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mookie (original) said:

Ah yeah, I forgot about that method (which I think we discovered a couple of patches ago...). Thanks. 

Remember - there is a theory that bipods and other railguard attachments are what is causing the naked-with-bare-gun spawn bug btw. I've ripped the bipods off everything as a precaution until the cause is identified.

Yes, happened to me and I had a bipod. I'd say you can use bipods, but just don't deploy them / logout with the gun in your hands. Undeploy it and put the gun on your back, that should keep you safe.

Just now, Buakaw said:

Yes, happened to me and I had a bipod. I'd say you can use bipods, but just don't deploy them / logout with the gun in your hands. Undeploy it and put the gun on your back, that should keep you safe.

Hmm. Happened to me a few days ago with bipod retracted and gun on my back...

Backpacks on the ground are not persistent through server restarts.

Second time in a week that I’ve lost a load of valuable gear to a server restart.  I travel with a mountain pack and when I come upon a lootable resource (town, crash site, other player) I’ll drop my pack of loot and assemble an improvised pack to complete the short run.  When I’m finished I go back to retrieve my stash and push on.  An hour ago I set down my full pack of gear and half way through my objective the server restarts and takes with it days worth of grinding. I’m so pissed!  This also happened to me over the weekend but luckily I had just begun my run.  So now I say good bye pristine FNX with RDS, silencer and two mags, goodbye pristine Magpul handguard, Goodbye M65 jacket(w), Hunting scope(p), antibiotics, 60 rnds 5.56(p), ACOG(p), 9v battery(p), FAL folding stock(p), box of 45 ammo(p), M67(p), landmine(p), 2 water bottles and other various food stuffs.  Some of these items aren’t so rare but to find them pristine is what makes this sting so much.  Whatever happened to server countdown messages?  GOD DAMN all those wasted hours!

yeah, I think only barrels & tents, cars are persistence with such server condition as server reset. 

5 hours ago, Thurman Merman said:

So I spent the morning getting the sedan that spawns in Svet in working order. Wrecked it before I got out of town.  Oh well, I went and got the Offroad near Black Lake working.  Totalled it before I got to Svet.  Man they're jicky - one minute you're in the middle of the road, next you're spinning out in the trees.  It's not like I'm new to driving - I'll put my hours behind the wheel in DayZ up with anyone - they're just horrible touchy then horrendously unresponsive.  And don't even think of driving within 50m of another vehicle. 

With a the keyboard?

I bought an Xbox 360 controller I want to try if I can get in enough time to get a car running and see if it's any better having proportional steering, anyone tried a controller?

I haven't driven more than 1km in .60 but when .59 went stable and the new vehicles first came out I wrecked an off road just outside Tulga all my fault but had a better run in a sedan when a slight correction on the coast highway at 60kmh put me in a spin like I pulled the hand brake at 150kmh.  

15 hours ago, BCBasher said:

With a the keyboard?

I bought an Xbox 360 controller I want to try if I can get in enough time to get a car running and see if it's any better having proportional steering, anyone tried a controller?

I haven't driven more than 1km in .60 but when .59 went stable and the new vehicles first came out I wrecked an off road just outside Tulga all my fault but had a better run in a sedan when a slight correction on the coast highway at 60kmh put me in a spin like I pulled the hand brake at 150kmh.  

I did but Xinput was broken in .59. I used a 3rd party program. It was pretty nice honestly. But in this patch I don't think it will make a difference. The input lag will still be through the roof since FPS drops out massively in vehicles.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, BCBasher said:

With a the keyboard?

Yes, with keyboard.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Mookie (original) said:

Hmm. Happened to me a few days ago with bipod retracted and gun on my back...

Happened to me only when a guy replaced the handguard and gave the gun back. I logged out with it in my hands.

50 minutes ago, ColdAtrophy said:

I did but Xinput was broken in .59. I used a 3rd party program. It was pretty nice honestly. But in this patch I don't think it will make a difference. The input lag will still be through the roof since FPS drops out massively in vehicles.

I think the new renderer or occlusion in particular isn't optimized for high speeds yet, only for sprinting. I also think it takes a masochist to deal with cars currently

Any ideas on how to cope with this dissapearing amunition?  Havent noticed it with any rifles yet as i havent used any.  Did however notice that the amphibia will have chambered ammunition dissapearafter a period of time.  Also the clip will display full but will not fire any rounds.  If i eject clip and reattach then it returns to normal.  Not losing a lot of rounds but it could be very detrimental to survival to end up in a combat situation and need to stop to eject and reattach magasines.  That or it will level the playing field and make single shot rifles better than automatics.  

On the ongoing naked M4 spawn bug, the status report from yesterday states that the theory BI are working to is that it's related to how you replace handguards on M4s.

But there are examples of the same happening to players who don't even have an M4. See here at 15:40:

On 7/5/2016 at 11:48 PM, Judged_Guitly said:

Has anyone else been experimenting with barrel persistence?  I began collecting barrels on the 20th of June and placing them in various locations to observe persistence timers.  It was my understanding that there was an 8 day countdown unless interacted with however my experience has been slightly different.  On the 20th I placed three barrels on different servers and put in 1 apple each.  I’ve checked on them every day but did no other interaction.  After three days one barrel was stolen but the other two have remained.  On the 25th I gathered three more barrels and also hid them on separate servers loaded with one rock each.  Checked every day with no interaction and all three still remain.  Collected three more on the 29th, hid on different servers and loaded with 1 stick each.  I will report on the 8th the status of the last three.  As of this morning my 20th and 25th barrels are still there and all I have done is view them.

As far as I can tell persistence is either longer than what has been reported, a simple view in the vicinity window can be considered an interaction, or the laws of time are warped under the Chernarus pine trees.

Any thoughts?

I can confirm 8 days is no longer in play. Set a barrel up 2-3 weeks ago and didn't touch it since. It was there when I came back this morning. 8 days was the rule on 0.59, I know because i lost all my stuff once i missed my Saturday morning routine of visiting them all. So either its bugged in 0.60 or they changed it again. 8 days is too short anyway - especially if you like me have stashes spread out over the map.  

3 hours ago, ColdAtrophy said:

Well between that, broken temperature and infected being a non issue I don't really have anything that fit's my playstyle to do right now. Might log in to shoot a chicken with my second m4 ever (after almost 1300hrs I found both in .6) but other than that I think it's break time until .61.

On the topic of temperature did they disable it or is it case by case, my guy has been stuck at 35c but showing cooling/warming messages and no consequences from being so cold? 

21 minutes ago, Thurman Merman said:

I can't decide if my guy is pleased by his stealth or offended by the blackface.

Hidden Content

LOL I once found 12 glock mags in one of the closets in the cherno police station 

I've noticed that no loot whatsoever spawn in clothing that is considered military clothing. M65, USMC, Gorka, TTsko, Pautkrev. vests. They never contain anything at all like civilian clothing do. Boots never seem to spawn with knives either or boonie hats with fishing tackle.

• Like 1

I am starting to think 0.61 must be a much bigger patch than anticipated. First of all there is the stuff that clearly isn't working - like the medical system/temperature. In any other game I know there would be a number of hotfixes, until the problem is fixed. Then there are the performance issues with vehicles, chopper loot spawning in barracks and similar small things. Then the performance issue with rain, desync etc. It's weird how the Dayz devs always opt to solve everything in one big patch that takes forever, instead of tackling the problems in small but meaningfull fixes. I don't even play Dayz even more, until I am sure this is changing. Found my new love in Miscreated. 

• Like 2

So something really strange just happened. I had four barrels, I kept checking them every day so their timer resets. I even interacted with them today, and came back after 30 mins to see that they were gone. All my four barrels have disappeared, I don't know why, only one of them was a week old, other were around 1-5 days old. Any particular reason about their disappearance?