39 minutes ago, barnabus said:

-snip- disinfectant -snip-

*Antibiotics.

^Eat those, you will heal completely.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

*Antibiotics.

^Eat those, you will heal completely.

Good tip, I'll give that a try when I log back in.  I just hate going near mil bases to find them.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, barnabus said:

Good tip, I'll give that a try when I log back in.  I just hate going near mil bases to find them.

Try the blue med centers in wilderness camps, and the guard houses in industrial parks if you prefer a low profile.

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

Try the blue med centers in wilderness camps, and the guard houses in industrial parks if you prefer a low profile.

LOL, /facepalm, sigh.   Well, so much for my deception plan.  Thanks Captain Obvious....

• Like 3

17 hours ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

Amen, man.

The horde AI hasn't been discussed in a very long time though we saw a very early demo of it.

How the infected actually spawn in will be tied to the "dynamic AI spawn system" (separate from the horde/hive mind system), which has certainly not been showcased for infected (maybe for chickens injected with script in .60 was a theory of mine) and will need very different, complicated, and specific parameters to function properly from animal spawns.

As long as we preserve performance, there will/should be A LOT of infected in cities IMO.

Any place formerly inhabited by people on DayZero should have a good chance for infected.

If you don't see infected acting and reacting in packs, horde ain't in.

I predict you will be disappointed by the final game. Despite the glorious render, I don't think Dayz has much room left for complicated and diverse AI systems. No matter what the devs have planned now, it will have to be dumbed down, because frankly the game still lags. It's 60 frames with a desync of a thousand for me in quite a few places and situations. And we don't even have usable vehicles yet; well they are usable, but they don't really work as a driving experience.

You've always been holding a candle for the devs, but this is the reality: Dayz will release this year. That's what they said, that's what we know. In order to achieve that goal, they'll have to simplify. You can't have three different, redundant systems if you just need the one. Dynamic Spawn is just a fancy word. Everything spawns dynamically, as soon as there is more than one spawnpoint. Why would a group of zombies need a different system than a group of deer or chicken? The last thing the game needs is more background calculation. Well, I'm making hypothesis again, but Dayz is a perfect candidate for it. I'm curious about seeing the next update. Also, I'm curious about the reasons why it's taking so long. If things were working by now, we'd know.

I wouldn't bet on infected hordes in cities. The frames in cities are already in peril and the calculations for hundreds of moving  AI would be a much graver factor than calculating even several thousand item spawns. There are too many straight, long roads in the cities and the viewing distance is too high for the occlusion system to be effective about frames in that situation. 

The game won't be dumbed down. Stop being so impatient. Stop blaming poor gameplay on potato pc's on the devs when 90% of us have hardly any issues. Hordes in cities could be a possibility but we really don't know much and there is plenty of *gasp* optimization left to be done. I feel like I'm talking to 10yr olds still shitting their pants around here. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, S3V3N said:

I predict you will be disappointed by the final game. Despite the glorious render, I don't think Dayz has much room left for complicated and diverse AI systems. No matter what the devs have planned now, it will have to be dumbed down, because frankly the game still lags. It's 60 frames with a desync of a thousand for me in quite a few places and situations. And we don't even have usable vehicles yet; well they are usable, but they don't really work as a driving experience.

You've always been holding a candle for the devs, but this is the reality: Dayz will release this year. That's what they said, that's what we know. In order to achieve that goal, they'll have to simplify. You can't have three different, redundant systems if you just need the one. Dynamic Spawn is just a fancy word. Everything spawns dynamically, as soon as there is more than one spawnpoint. Why would a group of zombies need a different system than a group of deer or chicken? The last thing the game needs is more background calculation. Well, I'm making hypothesis again, but Dayz is a perfect candidate for it. I'm curious about seeing the next update. Also, I'm curious about the reasons why it's taking so long. If things were working by now, we'd know.

I wouldn't bet on infected hordes in cities. The frames in cities are already in peril and the calculations for hundreds of moving  AI would be a much graver factor than calculating even several thousand item spawns. There are too many straight, long roads in the cities and the viewing distance is too high for the occlusion system to be effective about frames in that situation. 

You are confused as to what these terms/mechanics are.

Please, allow me to provide a clear description of how I understand these terms/mechanics.

Currently ALL infected for the map are spawned when the server starts and the server constantly monitors all of them in real time.

Dynamic spawn is when the game spawns in the infected as you approach an area only populating the map with infected where there are players.

Horde AI is when a number of infected become aggro'd in a small area and start to act and react as a single entity (this might even save resources).

Now please rephrase your replies with this in mind and maybe we can have a real discussion on the subjects at hand.

8 minutes ago, imunone said:

-snip- ALIENS!

This is my favorite suggestion that I know will never make Vanilla. A minute chance of Alien abduction under the right conditions.

Beam of light, cut scene featuring a gray Alien with Rockets head maybe, waking up in another location entirely....

So rare that only a few people will report it over the course of years.

Silly, but I kind of like it.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

Beam of light, cut scene featuring a gray Alien with Rockets head maybe, waking up in another location entirely....

So rare that only a few people will report it over the course of years.

XD For shure! But if you get killed from the extremly rare spawning rocketalien, your screenshots wil be deleted instantly... because its an rocketalien!

1 hour ago, Girth Brooks said:

The game won't be dumbed down. Stop being so impatient. Stop blaming poor gameplay on potato pc's on the devs when 90% of us have hardly any issues. Hordes in cities could be a possibility but we really don't know much and there is plenty of *gasp* optimization left to be done. I feel like I'm talking to 10yr olds still shitting their pants around here. 

One of the best posts i have ever read

A few things I'm wondering about from a development standpoint- consider the following: 

1) Vehicle Persistence. Cars aren't currently persistent- are they supposed to be? Their existing state is deplorable persistent or not... What's the blocker? What's the vision?

2) Tent / Container Persistence. It's SUPPOSED to be 8 days before you need to "interact with the inventory." Last time we were told it was 45 days  (or so- I don't remember exactly but it was a LONG time) before it despawned we were told we just needed to interact with the inventory within that period. Move A to B. Done. As it turned out unless you moved the tent all items would despawn including the tent... so what's the ACTUAL state of it now? Is the 8 day rule going to stand? Is it currently standing? What's the vision? What's the course?

3) Heli spawns. At one point it was 3 choppers every 4 hours. Now I'm told it's 3 choppers every 30 minutes. Choppers sometime exist with 0 loot... is this intentional? This has been pointed out a few times but it would be nice to get some feedback. Does 1 out of every 5 spawns come up empty? (or something?) Is it an acknowledged bug? Some say it's players clearing loot so that the chopper despawns early- which doesn't make sense since if the chopper was empty it would despawn instead of sitting there empty. What's the actual cycle time and what's the vision? 

4) Do inventory items in your tent affect the global / regional (ie: specific server) CLE? If someone vacuums up all loot they can from chopper spawns and drops it in a growing tent inventory do choppers / mil spawns start appearing with less loot? Or are these not connected at all. Are they currently connected but not supposed to be or are they not currently connected and they're supposed to be? 

5) Was the last change log posted as kind of a show of force to those who could not be satisfied by the way previous change logs were presented? It gives very little credible insight on exactly what was done to what with what desired result- hence making it almost impossible for people who were dedicating hundreds of hours testing to provide any substantive feedback in the tracker. Nobody currently has any real objective view on how things are supposed to be working so nobody can offer any valuable feedback on what is or isn't. I know I play with a couple of the most voracious bug hunters in the game and yet even they have succumbed to the inevitable futility of this endeavor... albeit begrudgingly. 

6) Network bubbles... The range that players render is about 1000 meters / 3300 feet. When people enter that bubble, does your screen shudder temporarily? Is that something else that can be otherwise explained? 

Those are the big question marks that don't involve things that are obviously going to be fixed with the new player controller, some fine tuning of graphics and the renderer... weather / lightning / rain sounds and actual environmental relevance (sunny day, lightning occurring what looks like 100 feet from you, touching down and no thunder). 

Edited by eno
  • Like 4

43 minutes ago, eno said:

3) Heli spawns. At one point it was 3 choppers every 4 hours. Now I'm told it's 3 choppers every 30 minutes. Choppers sometime exist with 0 loot... is this intentional? This has been pointed out a few times but it would be nice to get some feedback. Does 1 out of every 5 spawns come up empty? (or something?) Is it an acknowledged bug? Some say it's players clearing loot so that the chopper despawns early- which doesn't make sense since if the chopper was empty it would despawn instead of sitting there empty. What's the actual cycle time and what's the vision? 

As far as I know, since I'm a crash site hunter (check the "post your gear so far" thread in the Gallery, I never visit military bases, no need to) I've found about 150 crash sites since 0.60 and my observations is that when a server restart, the crash site that gets caught in the restart will re-appear when the server comes back online, with it's timer reset (30 mins) but without any loot around.

I've had this happen about 10 times, I saw a crash site, I went for it and while I was getting there the server restarted. I logged back in the same server (I play 90% of time on private hives like DayZ Colony, DayZ Underground, -UN- servers, Gents of Novo, etc.) and when I got to the crash site, who was still at the same spot, there was no items around, nothing.

That's what I think happens, based on experience, as there's no official words for why this happens.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, odin_lowe said:

As far as I know, since I'm a crash site hunter (check the "post your gear so far" thread in the Gallery, I never visit military bases, no need to) I've found about 150 crash sites since 0.60 and my observations is that when a server restart, the crash site that gets caught in the restart will re-appear when the server comes back online, with it's timer reset (30 mins) but without any loot around.

I've had this happen about 10 times, I saw a crash site, I went for it and while I was getting there the server restarted. I logged back in the same server (I play 90% of time on private hives like DayZ Colony, DayZ Underground, -UN- servers, Gents of Novo, etc.) and when I got to the crash site, who was still at the same spot, there was no items around, nothing.

That's what I think happens, based on experience, as there's no official words for why this happens.

I do respect the experience you have invested in this but coincidentally I ran into something like this just yesterday. While what you're saying CAN unquestionably happen- based on your experiences- last night I noticed a smoker about half a kilometer away. We were on our own and it was nightfall so I reset the server and on getting back on that smoker was gone. 

With that said- is there a difference between manual restarts and automatic restarts? That's another question I'm curious about...

• Like 3

5 hours ago, S3V3N said:

Man, in post threads after threads you wright the truth in which i agree 100%. Once again you are solid S3V3N

4 hours ago, Girth Brooks said:

Impatient... Please look at the dates man.. when did dayz go into early access? What year is it now? What is the progress during that time? And how long time do you think the "planned" iterations will take? Finally is this dev-time ok? - No

4 hours ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

You are confused as to what these terms/mechanics are.

Please, allow me to provide a clear description of how I understand these terms/mechanics.

Currently ALL infected for the map are spawned when the server starts and the server constantly monitors all of them in real time.

Dynamic spawn is when the game spawns in the infected as you approach an area only populating the map with infected where there are players.

Horde AI is when a number of infected become aggro'd in a small area and start to act and react as a single entity (this might even save resources).

Now please rephrase your replies with this in mind and maybe we can have a real discussion on the subjects at hand.

No

Calm down little girls...calm down. As well Seven as Bio are active in this forum for a long time now and both wrote many reasonable threads.

32 minutes ago, elander said:

No

Oh yes for shure...

Don't understand, I am getting 96fps with the odd hiccup to 9fps when loading a small town. I think it was a crash site, or just the loot loading to me. Stabilized to 96 again right away.

Seems to be running rather well, but I bet once the clunky UI, character animations are fixed we will see a huge difference.

Ill play some more this weekend, so far 1 crash site styr aug, ump mag, FN fal mag, fnx pistol and mag, jacket all the good stuff. Seems to be running rather nicely even in the city.

• Like 2

Anyone else getting a white haze over your screen when you try to make any changes to your graphics? I've never had that happen on this computer before and I don't have it happen on my main rig... just this one. NVIDIA 660M... I thought I read about it somewhere once before but I can't find that thread. 

4 hours ago, elander said:

-snip-

No

So, explain how you think it works!

Don't just say no, offering NOTHING.

3 hours ago, eno said:

Anyone else getting a white haze over your screen when you try to make any changes to your graphics? I've never had that happen on this computer before and I don't have it happen on my main rig... just this one. NVIDIA 660M... I thought I read about it somewhere once before but I can't find that thread. 

Never, Intel system and NVidia graphics card. S1150 asus pro board.

I would SS it and do a Dx output to the devs, might be a simple glitch or an indication the graphics card is either over heating or memory error. It could be a simple driver issue too.

If you need more help PM me, sure we can figure out what to do.

Edit speaking of which thanks for reminding me EVGA_PrecisionX_16_Setup.exe

Edited by sneakydude

ACOG reticle bug on FN/FAL

C213ABFD8FACD9208A1D4B72034FB6789864C890

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, barnabus said:

ACOG reticle bug on FN/FAL

C213ABFD8FACD9208A1D4B72034FB6789864C890

seems like not only your reticle is bugged. The whole scope looks crappy. You've reduced object quality?

Spoiler

iDXADvl.jpg

^Stopping by a pond to cool off with ColdAtrophy and schwaBAM

HEkITxq.jpg

^Wearing down an FNX with infected slaughter.

aNuRif5.jpg

^Need a Glock mag?

i8WhmfY.jpg

^Yet another example of too many of the same item in one spawn location.

1WTF0uG.jpg

RQyeSfy.jpg

7p4VrUY.jpg

U4iiGZa.jpg

^Camp Atrophy, when you absolutely positively need to kill every mother fucker in the room.

SCbqfBq.jpg

^Too hot when dry, too cold when wet.

OaRzTvD.jpg

^Cold uses infected corpses to steady his aim. (IMT seen peering off for more incoming.)

nHRwNYW.jpg

LDX1h91.jpg

NnPd4u5.jpg

^This guy tried to kill ColdAtrophy with an Amphibia.

In the confusion I one shot killed Cold with a shotgun when I mistook him for the baddie.

Ia9NlmK.jpg

^I camped his body from this perch but it wasn't enough to keep his body from despawning.

I'M SORRY D:

Edited by ☣BioHaze☣
  • Like 8

Hey bio on the menu are you getting mouse offset incorrect alignment?

Working with it now, why I am asking in windows mode the mouse menu offset is off.