SMoss

Stable Branch - 0.60 Discussion

Just now, Luc Tonnerre said:

make sure you don't aim your red dot scope at an close object. The red dot is actually a physical object that gets rendered a few feets away from your face. That way it can get obscured.

I pointed it on air, on 100 meter away tree, 200 meter away tree. From my camp, to nearby town (200, 300 meters away) but nope. I did everything :(

14 minutes ago, BAHADIR said:

I pointed it on air, on 100 meter away tree, 200 meter away tree. From my camp, to nearby town (200, 300 meters away) but nope. I did everything :(

Like the previous guy said- are you turning them on? 

All of them have worked fine for me- though there are some surfaces they don't seem to render on... particularly the inside of military tent walls (if I'm recalling correctly). 

53 minutes ago, eno said:

Snip

Oh, I've had that status also - Going from Fine to Hyperthermic. All I had to do is drink some water, chill out for a minute, take off my jacket and vest. . And bam done, down to Overheating. . Then it just disappears after another 5 minutes.

I just do what's common sense if I were in that situation. It's hot as hell outside so I wouldn't wear a ton of clothes, a huge pack, and carry my gun in hands all the time - and if I do get hot, I just hang out for a minute and strip. Always works for me - After about 5 minutes, I'm normal again.

24 minutes ago, eno said:

Like the previous guy said- are you turning them on? 

All of them have worked fine for me- though there are some surfaces they don't seem to render on... particularly the inside of military tent walls (if I'm recalling correctly). 

Okay Im bad at game but not that bad cmon guys. Of course turning them on :D  Everything goes like they should, but no avail. No red dot. Maybe something wrong with graphics settings ??

Edited by BAHADIR

This is the 3 day pack with a complete smersh vest.  60E47938C36D001FA2B12D65C28FF7835B818A9EAD7EB292F8A3F95578416CDD2A5D82D93611E3D5

• Like 5

27 minutes ago, BAHADIR said:

Okay Im bad at game but not that bad cmon guys. Of course turning them on :D  Everything goes like they should, but no avail. No red dot. Maybe something wrong with graphics settings ??

LOL!  Don't worry Bahadir, I have the same problem when attaching sights to the MP5.  Put a battery in, turn it on, doesn't work.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BAHADIR said:

Okay well there's no ceiling to the level of idiot that can play the game so it's important to always start at the most basic: 1) Do you even have a computer? 2) Is it turned on? 3) Are you awake? 

You know, that sort of thing. 

Honestly nobody has has complained about red dots not working within our group though I have heard MP5 sights of certain varieties are still showing off center or something.  

Edited by eno
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, eno said:

Okay well there's no ceiling to the level of idiot that can play the game so it's important to always start at the most basic: 1) Do you even have a computer? 2) Is it turned on? 3) Are you awake? 

Honestly nobody has has complained about red dots not working within our group though I have heard MP5 sights of certain varieties are still showing off center or something.  

mp5 and FAL have bugged scopes. No crosshair nor red dot showing

• Like 3

7 hours ago, MaxKragen said:

I was overheating this morning and lay down prone, in a ditch with water in it. I lay down prone and didn't move at first because 'zombos' but after that seemed to have no effect (3-5 min.) I started moving back in forth with short movements and began cooling off immediately.

Still not sure if it was because of length of time, or movements.

In experimental when I was overheating..I did the sit in water..no effect...swim in water..cool down fast. I'm pretty sure it was the movement. It was pretty funny dropping all my things at camp with a dark red overheating and running in my underwear with nothing but a machete to a pond a mile away.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Thurman Merman said:

LOL!  Don't worry Bahadir, I have the same problem when attaching sights to the MP5.  Put a battery in, turn it on, doesn't work.

I use the Acog on the MP5 no battery required :-)

5 hours ago, eno said:

Okay I got my answer, so mp5 is bugged atm. And what is computer ? Can we eat it ? :P Thanks for help.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Excanto said:

On magazines, I pull the mag out and put it into a free spot, drag ammo to it till it's full, slap the mag back into the rifle and add as an attachment. As long as I have a free spot for a magazine and if I had a second mag, I could do the reload, but I don't have a second mag. Someone said there is a new key for reloading magazines? For my Red 9 when I had one, I was looking for a clip for it and decided to just put 1 bullet for safety and I dragged the ammo to the gun and 9 or 10 bullets went in with a clip load looking animation. I'm not sure how ammo is ending up in your hands. Are you doing the putting ammo in the quickslot and clicking the quickslot?

No. I'm dragging the ammo to the B95 to chamber it. I end up putting B95 on the ground and holding the ammo in my hands like a chump. Anyway, i found a snap loader today, so I just change that out now. Looking for another one.

Cars are just not worth it, spent hours finding a battery and tire just to come back and find the car I was working on disappeared.  Hopefully they make a patch for this or post .61ex soon.

Found another annoying thingy. I looted Tisy military base 4 days ago and found a bloodbag filled with someones blood (BloodBag IV). I tried to use blood test kit on it and the result:

5obgjTu.jpg

• Like 1

13 hours ago, eno said:

I did complain about it in this thread and so did a few others. It does work when you hold it in your hands - it is always on then. It doesn't work on the MP5 or elsewhere. I guess this is possibly a graphics card problem; so we don't all get it. The thing is though: I'm doing fine without a red dot in the middle. The hardest thing to hunt are chicken anyway ;)

---

Also: can we get some info on the Beta please? On 2016 SA-release? I made a thread about that, but it was closed.

Edited by S3V3N

Why are we talking about .61 exp already? I don't even have a proper base set up on .60 yet and when exp comes out that's all I play :P

vxZ59zW.jpg

More V3S drama.

• Like 6

I wish we could at least STOP the server browser from refreshing once we have enough servers to choose from.

I realize fixing the insane lag in the server browser is gonna take a while, but at least let us stop the refreshing. The browser is impossible to use while it is refreshing, and I do not need 800 servers to choose from.

set ping to 50 and it will show only some servers

1 hour ago, wartzilla said:

I wish we could at least STOP the server browser from refreshing once we have enough servers to choose from.

I realize fixing the insane lag in the server browser is gonna take a while, but at least let us stop the refreshing. The browser is impossible to use while it is refreshing, and I do not need 800 servers to choose from.

Couldn't agree more. I can get it to stop, but it takes quite a lot of button spamming.

Red dots (both RV1 and M68) work for me on M4, but not on any surface closer than about 3m. I use them at night, in particular.

IME for water to cool you, you need to have 'drenched' status (followed by 'soaked'). If the pond you're in is too shallow to swim, lie down and crawl while submerged for a few seconds - that will usually have the same effect as 100m breaststroke....

On getting wet: I wear USMC jacket and some Gorka pants and they both seem to dry pretty quickly. I don't carry any waterproof jackets around. The assault backpack isn't waterproof though, so I wouldn't mind finding some waterproof bags. The storage boxes seem to spawn much more than these. We've made some fires inside houses though - to cook chicken or fish. The nice side effect is getting dry. So if you play like it would make sense nothing bad seems to happen. If the breathing sounds weren't so horrible, I would play in 1st person much more. The audio update is something that will make first person much more attractive, I hope. Since it's cool if you can realistically hear your surroundings, instead of guessing where you hear a zombie grunt from. Been enjoying 0.60, but it's good it'll have a fairly short life-span.

Edited by S3V3N

I had a good three plus hour run on the HH server on Monday with my thermometer and my temp was stuck at 35c the whole time, I got "warming/cooling" messages but no change in the number. Last time I was down to 35.2c it was giving me cold and shaking statuses but this time nothing as far as being too hot or cold.

My goal was to get my stats bright green with a full stomach then swim the south coast to the heli spawn so I could lurk it while rehydrating/energizing for the swim back to get an m65 and or vest. I couldn't get out of my stuffed status even swimming 3/4 of the south coast landing a few times to take off my boots and scurry around. 

**edit** I got kicked multiple times so I doubt it was something that relogging would fix.

Edited by BCBasher
  • Like 2

Hi I have some questions, were do you find the Baraka red dot site for the the m4 and other weapons that are compatible with this and are the mp5 iron sights fixed.

"You have a bow too? We should have an archery competition."

vhCMG0x.png

Spoiler

dVmYKzl.png

Turns out they weren't interested in my archery challenge.

Spoiler

Yljf94z.png

Edited by -Gews-
  • Like 4

14 hours ago, wartzilla said:

Ya set the filter ping to 100 and you will only get 300 servers, less and you get less.

Met a fresh spawn with groovy psychedelic fists. 

3rQnSbr.jpg

• Like 2