SMoss

Stable Branch - 0.60 Discussion

3 hours ago, barnabus said:

I get that too, doesn't matter what I am driving.  I have an Alienware 17R2.

Yeah it seems pretty universal, I even tried the trick I used on a Dell laptop, staring at my legs in the car, and the fps was still around 10. City, country, anywhere.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Tonyeh said:

Funny, I haven't encountered any of the bugs that are being mention in this game. It's surprisingly...er...stable for me. In fact, it's just the same old DayZ, but prettier.

However, I did notice something that I haven't seen mentioned. When I go to select ammo to reload a gun I end up holding the ammo and dropping the gun? So, I click and drag the ammo, get the Load Ammo label, click that and my toon puts down the gun and stands there like a goof with rounds in his hand. It's like the hotspot for the interaction is either overlapping, too small or switched.

Doesn't happen on every server, but last night was sheer comedy with it. Unfunny comedy though.

On magazines, I pull the mag out and put it into a free spot, drag ammo to it till it's full, slap the mag back into the rifle and add as an attachment. As long as I have a free spot for a magazine and if I had a second mag, I could do the reload, but I don't have a second mag. Someone said there is a new key for reloading magazines? For my Red 9 when I had one, I was looking for a clip for it and decided to just put 1 bullet for safety and I dragged the ammo to the gun and 9 or 10 bullets went in with a clip load looking animation. I'm not sure how ammo is ending up in your hands. Are you doing the putting ammo in the quickslot and clicking the quickslot?

Zombies at Tent City were re-spawning fast. By the time I got down the hill and got through 5 tents, I could hear one close bye and three more around outside and then a couple more inside before I headed out. Double Tapping wakes up the dead. Only one zombie left and I missed and the second shot brought three and all the shooting at those brought 5 more and running while reloading is great. I have 200 rounds and can't find a Mosin or SVD. I know if I dump them I will find one :-D I'm heading back to my camp in the mountains to see if my backpack on the ground is still there. I keep seeing the you are warming up, but since I see my breath, like it is cold, I am not over heating at all and have 3 nice green lights.  The M4 on my 3pp character is so nice! Quiet, powerful, 1 shot to the chest of a zombie and down. I haven't seen any military geared zombies to try out a 1 shot on them. So antibiotics and the vitamins are still useless?

Someone please tell me vehicles are not persistant.  Otherwise both my sedan and my offroader got stolen last night. I never see more than 5-7 players on SC01.  :sadbanana:

1 minute ago, Mookie (original) said:

I don't think they are. But I never bother with them anyway because they're complete bullet-magnets.

That's part of the fun! 

Also, all EXP servers down.  Update coming?

• Like 1

looks like, two server are back for me but with wrong build number

• Like 1

Yep I'm only seeing THE TEST™ and it's the wrong build.  Hopefully something is coming shortly.

52 minutes ago, Luc Tonnerre said:

0.61 exp hype? o_O

Nah just .60 incremental updates I think.   Looks like THE TEST is running .60.133665

edit:  well a 22mb update brings Experimental to .60.133665 and it looks like the servers are coming back up too

Edited by GaryWalnuts
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, GaryWalnuts said:

Nah just .60 incremental updates I think.   Looks like THE TEST is running .60.133665

edit:  well a 22mb update brings Experimental to .60.133665 and it looks like the servers are coming back up too

And a persistence wipe.  So long 6 barrel camp.  :-(

• Like 1

20 hours ago, PythagorasHP said:

Wouldn't press the throw key (Default G) work? You just throw whatever you have in your hands on the ground.

I mean a hotkey for removing items from hands, so it removes it from your hands and it goes into your backpack without the need of opening the inventory.

For throwing an object yes, you can press G or open your inventory and drag the item to the ground, that's fine like it is I think.

why is there no new exp. thread?

looks like we captured this stable thread :)

Hi all.  I would like to thank the devs for all the hard work they have put into this game.  I know its been a long road so far and there are some miles still left to travel, but after playing the Division this game has less game breaking bugs in it than a currently released game.  Good on you for fixing the bugs first and going for content after, some developers could take some hints from you lot.

Many thanks to you all

• Like 1

Well, the temperature issue hasn't been fixed on SC01.  Been lying in the rain, drenched from my earlier detour thru a pond, for about 10 minutes.  Haven't cooled off once.

Still haven't been troubled by the heating 'bug'. Honestly, taking into account that it is summer, I only wear light clothing and no gloves/hats. . and I never Overheat.

1 hour ago, wasnu said:

why is there no new exp. thread?

There is, when relevent...

Go look.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Espa said:

Still haven't been troubled by the heating 'bug'. Honestly, taking into account that it is summer, I only wear light clothing and no gloves/hats. . and I never Overheat.

I just keep light green hydrated, that seems to keep it at bay too.

11 hours ago, Excanto said:

Zombies at Tent City were re-spawning fast. By the time I got down the hill and got through 5 tents, I could hear one close bye and three more around outside and then a couple more inside before I headed out. Double Tapping wakes up the dead. Only one zombie left and I missed and the second shot brought three and all the shooting at those brought 5 more and running while reloading is great. I have 200 rounds and can't find a Mosin or SVD. I know if I dump them I will find one :-D I'm heading back to my camp in the mountains to see if my backpack on the ground is still there. I keep seeing the you are warming up, but since I see my breath, like it is cold, I am not over heating at all and have 3 nice green lights.  The M4 on my 3pp character is so nice! Quiet, powerful, 1 shot to the chest of a zombie and down. I haven't seen any military geared zombies to try out a 1 shot on them. So antibiotics and the vitamins are still useless?

Went there yesterday myself and I had to kill around 20 because silencer doesn't work as intended, they just kept coming. Was kinda sad wasting M4 ammo on them :)

• Like 1

I was overheating this morning and lay down prone, in a ditch with water in it. I lay down prone and didn't move at first because 'zombos' but after that seemed to have no effect (3-5 min.) I started moving back in forth with short movements and began cooling off immediately.

Still not sure if it was because of length of time, or movements.

• Like 1

All red dot optics, they dont work. Vehicles are not persistance so it is normal to be lost.

Edited by BAHADIR

2 hours ago, Espa said:

1 hour ago, barnabus said:

I just keep light green hydrated, that seems to keep it at bay too.

There's a little more to it though I'm not sure what to be honest. For example over the last couple days I didn't have any issue with the overheating... though I hadn't changed anything from the days before. For days, I've been going pond to pond and staying drenched / hydrated to keep overheating at bay. I've been pretty successful with it. But when I noticed I wasn't even hot or warming up I thought something was suspicious. I kept drenched and hydrated "just in case." 

This morning I was playing with some of our Helpy Helper group and one of the guys suddenly just f-bombed and complained that he'd gone instantly from fine to either hyperthermic or overheated with no warning whatsoever. We were on different sides of the map- yet at the EXACT moment he complained about it my status also went from fine to hyperthermic instantly. Not a coincidence- but I'm not sure what the trigger was. 

So if your status is fine... it could be one of two things: 1) A message we got a few days ago requested that servers having the temperature problem submit a bug report with ip and port numbers since it may have related to a "server side configuration problem." 2) Your status is stuck like ours was and at some point it'll hit you and you'll be hyperthermic. 

It's of little consequence other than getting thirsty- however it's SO FUCKING ANNOYING to be getting spammed with messages about it. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, BAHADIR said:

All red dot optics, they dont work.

I beg to differ. Have you been putting batteries in them? Turning them on?

1 hour ago, Bonappetit said:

Went there yesterday myself and I had to kill around 20 because silencer doesn't work as intended, they just kept coming. Was kinda sad wasting M4 ammo on them :)

The silencers on rifles don't work to avoid zombie aggro- however they do work on pistols. 

Edited by eno
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, eno said:

I beg to differ. Have you been putting batteries in them? Turning them on?

The silencers on rifles don't work to avoid zombie aggro- however they do work on pistols. 

Yes I put batteries of course. Batteries pretty fully charged but no avail. When I mount them on weapons, they dont work, but if I take it in my hands, they work pretty well. I dont understand. I verified the game files through steam but no luck. :(

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BAHADIR said:

Yes I put batteries of course. Batteries pretty fully charged but no avail. When I mount them on weapons, they dont work, but if I take it in my hands, they work pretty well. I dont understand. I verified the game files through steam but no luck. :(

make sure you don't aim your red dot scope at an close object. The red dot is actually a physical object that gets rendered a few feets away from your face. That way it can get obscured.

ps: also don't forget to right-click the scope and choose "turn on" :p

Edited by Luc Tonnerre
  • Like 1