SMoss

Stable Branch - 0.60 Discussion

2 hours ago, S3V3N said:

That is a very good point! I thought maybe it is due to my gfx and since I  am getting a new one this fall I didn't bother too much. But this happens to me too! Regularly. I see the lowest LOD models of everything after playing long sessions. It looks like carboard trees, shoebox houses, etc. They load in the high res object and texture when I get closer, but the majority just looks like crap. Sometimes this is only temporarily and goes away again completely. But it always happened on long sessions to me too! I hope it is only a matter of me/us having old gfx hardware! Visibility is great, but the quality of objects is often low for me. I think the new card will work wonders in that regard. 

I get this a lot. I also get something I call 'edge-drawing', where the graphics are constantly loading objects on the extremes of both sides of the display. So it looks like I'm running towards a copse of trees, rather than a forest (and is an exploit in a way, as I can see behind trees on either side as they load into the frame). The game doesn't really want to cooperate with my adjusting the graphics settings either.

Perhaps time for a new GPU for me too, although the latter point worries me a bit.

12 hours ago, Tonyeh said:

Combination at the moment of b95 with MP5 and I'm liking it. The silenced MP5 is great to clear out zeds. Unsilenced, it's great for putting the shits up people too. Some guy tried to shoot me with a b95, but missed...from a few feet as well. He ran and hid (and reload I spose) and I followed and fired off a load of rounds into the air to see what he'd do (I've more 9mm than I know what to do with).

Same combination I am using! I've transfered the attachments from my Mp5 two times now to have a pristine weapon again. I am using weapon cleaning kits, because - yes - there is a lot of 9mm ammo, but some of it is damaged or at least worn. I am trying to use only worn and pristine now. I'm still working on assembling a full ghillie. I'm done with everything except a gun wrap and colors. Spray cans aren't as easy to find as I remember, but I've sure seen some and could kick my ass now for leaving them. The usual problems...

I think the Blaze is a bit annoying to carry for the one use it has. I almost never find myself sniping and usually come across at least one good weapon on a hike. I started breaking rifles down, just taking the important parts with me. I think it would be cool if you could store a rifle disassembled and put the parts wherever you want in your inventory. Instead of having a full rifle take up three rows. The body would have to take up 3x2 slots like the Skorpion does  now. I like that, btw. I think if the Makarov would only take 1x2 slots then I would pick it up sometimes. These small pistols I want to put in my boots on quickdraw ^^ 

Edited by S3V3N
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, S3V3N said:

These small pistols I want to put in my boots on quickdraw ^^ 

derringer is your friend ;)

3 minutes ago, wasnu said:

derringer is your friend ;)

Exactly! But you can't put them in boots yet, can you? I tried over and over again and it worked with the combat knife, but not with the derringers. You also see the knife visibly sticking out of the boot. So I wonder if you'd see the pistol as well, too. Guess it makes sense to wear black, since silver pants are really hard to come by. 

Edited by S3V3N

never tried it.. but looks like something to test when i find some mil boots 

4 hours ago, S3V3N said:

That is a very good point! I thought maybe it is due to my gfx and since I  am getting a new one this fall I didn't bother too much. But this happens to me too! Regularly. I see the lowest LOD models of everything after playing long sessions. It looks like carboard trees, shoebox houses, etc. They load in the high res object and texture when I get closer, but the majority just looks like crap. Sometimes this is only temporarily and goes away again completely. But it always happened on long sessions to me too! I hope it is only a matter of me/us having old gfx hardware! Visibility is great, but the quality of objects is often low for me. I think the new card will work wonders in that regard. 

Did you noticed that before 0.60? Or in any other game?  I don't remember this ever before. 

On 6/26/2016 at 3:27 AM, philbur said:

Back on topic...and I have a V3S question.

I drove one for the first time in a long time and was surprised that the only way you can check the status of the wheels and lights is to examine them with the inventory screen....right?

I was expecting that you could swap components if you were carrying another one in your own inventory. I know they are still a long way from being completed vehicles, but the system from the mod worked pretty well for this kind of thing and I hope they use a similar system for SA.

Yeah I do find the new vech system a tad complicated, and its going to even more so with the addition of liquids etc, but I hope the trade off will be that you can amour plate the things making it less susceptible to gunfire bit like some the Epoch servers and mods.

4 hours ago, koffeekage said:

i want the devs to add so many infected that it ends up on an episode of "extreme hoarding"

Yeh this.

And make them seriously fuck you up too if they get you.

The infected should be such a serious threat that players need to clear them out before they enter a town. Or if there's too many move on.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, S3V3N said:

Same combination I am using! I've transfered the attachments from my Mp5 two times now to have a pristine weapon again. I am using weapon cleaning kits, because - yes - there is a lot of 9mm ammo, but some of it is damaged or at least worn. I am trying to use only worn and pristine now. I'm still working on assembling a full ghillie. I'm done with everything except a gun wrap and colors. Spray cans aren't as easy to find as I remember, but I've sure seen some and could kick my ass now for leaving them. The usual problems...

I think the Blaze is a bit annoying to carry for the one use it has. I almost never find myself sniping and usually come across at least one good weapon on a hike. I started breaking rifles down, just taking the important parts with me. I think it would be cool if you could store a rifle disassembled and put the parts wherever you want in your inventory. Instead of having a full rifle take up three rows. The body would have to take up 3x2 slots like the Skorpion does  now. I like that, btw. I think if the Makarov would only take 1x2 slots then I would pick it up sometimes. These small pistols I want to put in my boots on quickdraw ^^ 

Does using damaged ammo harm the gun? I've noticed that my MP5 has recently moved to "worn" status and I've only used it sparingly. If that's the case then, I'm ditching the damaged ammo. Not worth it.

On the Ghillie suit, I'm leaving that off. It's a nice little project for game time, but it's far too hot for that thing ATM. I can't even wear the Ghorka jacket without overheating. I'm running around in a dirty T shirt like a tramp.

• Like 1

I can't seem to change alpha coverage settings in game. I had it on all trees + grass, but I changed some settings and it's disabled now. Any help?

Edited by thEchicagoBoy

21 hours ago, -Gews- said:

I spit my coffee out and rushed to check that.

No change. With a hunting scope they are both 0.00075.

Thanks for correcting me. Been a while since I looked at the tables.

Edited by Buakaw

Encountered a new "bug" of sorts in .60 Stable not sure if it occurred in previous versions. On a private hive test server we placed around 10x tents within 50m of the officer barracks on the north west end of the NWAF. Now maybe at most a singular item such as a soda can will spawn within 100m of the campsite. Does not affect animal or zombie spawn rates. Will relocate the camp to an open area, restart the server to see if loot returns. 

Also noticed in the vast majority of newly placed or moved buildings they do not actually spawn any loot. Ran the entire coastline on the private server and barely found anything in police stations. 

Naturally spawned, not dropped items found within sheltered areas often appear with a wet status. 

• Like 1

Helis are spawning without loot. This has been the subject of some anecdote (and has been in previous patches IIRC), but seems to be getting worse. Of the seven crashsites I found last night, five had zero loot - not even a damaged smoke grenade to be seen.

Are they part of the CLE?

Everyone takes all the loot now , because when every item is gone from the heli area it will respawn at another location and you won't have to wait the full time limit. So players pick up every hat , shirt , boots , ect.   That is why some are completely empty.

• Like 1

On 6/23/2016 at 9:33 AM, Wili said:

But you still need to open the inventory and press double click, a hotkey for removing items from your hands doesn't hurt.

Wouldn't press the throw key (Default G) work? You just throw whatever you have in your hands on the ground.

3 hours ago, Tonyeh said:

-snip-

The infected should be such a serious threat that players need to clear them out before they enter a town. -snip-

....OR stealthily avoid them while looting, OR pick them off one by one quietly with melee weapons, OR loot the small section of town with less infected in it and leave the rest of the town behind, OR have your lightly geared friend aggro the majority of the infected leading them out of town so you can loot before they respawn....

Put together an offroader.  Haven't driven at all since .59 Experimental (so a long time ago).  Pristine tires, but very slippery to drive.  I spun off the road a couple of times.

1 hour ago, Thurman Merman said:

Put together an offroader.  Haven't driven at all since .59 Experimental (so a long time ago).  Pristine tires, but very slippery to drive.  I spun off the road a couple of times.

Was it pulling at all to one side or the other?

1 minute ago, eno said:

maybe the road itself wasn't pristine o_O

btw, here a video proof of zombies respawning. I wasn't really sure if they would respawn during a server session or only on restarts. Now I know :D

https://youtu.be/O02EkOoSAMg?t=918

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, eno said:

I didn't notice any pulling.  But every once in a while, the same pressure of tap on A or D that would normally be a small turn resulted in a severe correction.  It was raining heavily.  Also, I really don't like the gear shifting thing - not sure what that mechanic is supposed to add.

29 minutes ago, Thurman Merman said:

I didn't notice any pulling.  But every once in a while, the same pressure of tap on A or D that would normally be a small turn resulted in a severe correction.  It was raining heavily.  Also, I really don't like the gear shifting thing - not sure what that mechanic is supposed to add.

I don't mind the shifting but yes the vehicle movement is terrible at best. 

Funny, I haven't encountered any of the bugs that are being mention in this game. It's surprisingly...er...stable for me. In fact, it's just the same old DayZ, but prettier.

However, I did notice something that I haven't seen mentioned. When I go to select ammo to reload a gun I end up holding the ammo and dropping the gun? So, I click and drag the ammo, get the Load Ammo label, click that and my toon puts down the gun and stands there like a goof with rounds in his hand. It's like the hotspot for the interaction is either overlapping, too small or switched.

Doesn't happen on every server, but last night was sheer comedy with it. Unfunny comedy though.

11 hours ago, Mookie (original) said:

I get this a lot. I also get something I call 'edge-drawing', where the graphics are constantly loading objects on the extremes of both sides of the display. So it looks like I'm running towards a copse of trees, rather than a forest (and is an exploit in a way, as I can see behind trees on either side as they load into the frame). The game doesn't really want to cooperate with my adjusting the graphics settings either.

Perhaps time for a new GPU for me too, although the latter point worries me a bit.

Last time I saw a sudden slow down and shudder in motion, I was in tent city and I thought "Maybe that was the place resetting or updating loot" and I went back into the dome building and everything was different and as I ran around the tents again and mostly everything was the same, but some of the tents had loot changed.

15 hours ago, Kohlbar said:

Noticed something weird today, fixed up a Lada and drove it around a bit and while driving, my fps went about 7-10 fps, country or city. Got out of the car and fps got better, but kept dropping to around 10 every few seconds. Completely exited and restarted the game, and fps were back to normal. Got in the car with someone else driving, fps still good and normal (driver complained about fps with high end pc). Yet after that I drove and again fps dropped.  It's really weird, it's like being in the car infected the game and caused the fps to suffer until the game was restarted, which cleaned up the issue. Memory leak?

I get that too, doesn't matter what I am driving.  I have an Alienware 17R2.

Already submitted a bug report but on the offhand it was premature... we had a couple guys in our server get killed today. Wanted to see what they got hit by and there was no record of either one of them getting shot. There was, however, another fight going on evidently since two other guys had been shot and were actively bleeding. 

We had this happen to another one of our guys a few days ago- 

Any other server operators getting reports of people getting killed but no record of it at all in the logs? 

• Like 1