SMoss

Stable Branch - 0.60 Discussion

for me it feels like, player numbers went down, the hype was gone.

Devs and CEO were uncertain if its dead horse riding or is there potential to make this game an decade game.

With .60 the decision was made, players are back and the hype train starts new.

So, let us hope they will make an decade game and let the hype train running where ever it will go.

finish the game with the maximum on possibilities ingame and let the mods do want they want to do.

would be win/win for all, players and company.

Edited by wasnu

2 hours ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

I was sad when I heard that advanced medical was off the table.

I thought needing pliers to extract bullets was a good idea. :D

*ahem*

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, -Gews- said:

*ahem*

Right on.

So only under controlled professional surgical conditions do doctors even propose the removal of a bullet and for the sake of a game having bullets that might need extraction is going too far....

1 minute ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

Right on.

So only under controlled professional surgical conditions do doctors even propose the removal of a bullet and for the sake of a game having bullets that might need extraction is going too far....

Indeed. Improvised arrows on the other hand...

• Like 4

In reference to the upcoming audio upgrades...

I am definitely NOT a PvP-er, and I still feel very happy about being able to identify and locate distant gunfire. You guys gotta admit that hearing a small firefight break out in a town you were in the process of approaching, or hearing a single Blaze shot ring out in the valley you were about to cross...simply adds immersion. Remember the time you first saw another player...the feel of adrenaline and the heightened sense of danger you felt coursing through your veins?

Please don't bash the effort going towards advanced audio....it is such a powerful aspect and deserves the teams' attention.

I would even welcome the addition of echoes of gunshots being added to the ambient effects....not very often...maybe once or twice every 30 minutes of in-game time...but players like me, who try to stay low-profile, get such a rush from the hint of danger brought on by hearing threats from a distance...

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Noctoras said:

That's why they treat us with ever more gun varieties, work on weapon sway, Audio engine to precisely locate a shot, work on a heli to haver another mobile shooting base, implement shooting from vehicles ... yes. Sounds like a lot of survival stuff to me ... NOT. Loot zones as dicsussed in another thread making everyione go NWAF and phe phew is neither sandbox nor survival. It's a cheap king of the hill with the disadvantage of the map any way to NWAF being too large. I don't see the devs AT ALL in any survival corner.

You and me havent played DayZ 1.0 yet. True. This is the arguments commuinists used for decades. You cannot judge on communism, we still hav not reached communism 1.0. I think this way of trying to avoid any criticism is sketchy, really sketchy.

This post is what I was referring to.

I agree on the idiotic amount of weapon-related content. We need the core gameplay sorted first...before the COD, BF, and H1Z1 crowd get their toys.

• Like 1

I can see my breath on the server I am on, it's cool and there is no heat problem. Seems like servers have a setting for time of the year and lots of servers have picked desert summer fun :-) I think it is time you guys playing on those servers just embrace it and go all "Lord of the flies". Underwear and spears. I wonder if you can roll a big rock down a cliff into some new spawn?

5 hours ago, philbur said:

Please don't bash the effort going towards advanced audio....it is such a powerful aspect and deserves the teams' attention.

No, I won't. What I do feel like bashin, though, is that fact that there is no content apart from phew phew related content and no other content in sight either.

Vocal minority

Sometimes I'm heating up, and sometimes I'm just fine. I heard that each server has a specific weather or something like that?

Loving the .60 update overall. Better graphics, gameplay and loot imo.

Edited by thEchicagoBoy

bSIR291.jpg

How I feel with current state of V3S...

Edited by Kohlbar
  • Like 3

Anyone had any luck finding fal mags or .308 ammo? Musve looted mishkino tents about 50 times! And ive been to ~20 heli crashes, but still no luck. Just wondering if theyre in..

On 23/06/2016 at 1:16 AM, popeandy said:

- The temperature system is absolutely broken. Can sit still for a hour completely drenched neck deep in water naked and still be constantly overheating. 

- Today after 5 minutes exposure to a monsoon in full military gear, (helmet, TSKO shirt/pants, high capacity vest, 32 slot backpack, balaclava, gloves, military boots all pristine) I went from normal to hypothermic. Started three fires immediately under a covered area stacked 3x logs in each and 5x sticks kept more fuel for fire handy. Was able to dry off within 1-2 minutes and still hypothermic....hypothermic... hypothermic spamming on screen. Died within 5 or so minutes standing in the middle of three roaring fires. Took me three days to acquire my entire kit by the way. 

Today, after being rained on, I suffered with hyperthermia! - If this temperature system adds nothing to the game and is so bugged (as it has been since introduced), then I think it should be left in test builds. Why does it add nothing to the game? It hasn't changed my play style, because I know it's so bugged, I'm sure many others are the same. We're all pissed off at really stupid weather scenarios (pissing rain, cooling off, ends up too hot). 

• Like 2

Holy shit, Ive just been outside to get a new steel wire for my bike's breaks. Suddenly the clouds came and lighting started. One lighting bolt hit the electronic wires of a construction site, not three meters away from me. It sparked and I think the Streetlight on the the other side imploded (I heard a sound of glas breaking, but the lights aren't turned on yet). Needless to say I stumbled back into the first open shop door. There they asked me if I saw that lighting and I could only nod. So then I had to run for ten more minutes with a steel wire in my hands and a bag of wet clothes on my back. There is no better conductor ^^

Holy crap that was scary. So far I've seen lighting hit twice (!) in my life. The other time it completely destroyed our neighbors biggest tree and set it on fire. But that was almost 20 years ago. Today wasn't as big, but man...nature is dangerous! Which is why I wonder now, if we can make lighting any more dangerous. Say you are running around on rooftops or high up on a meadow - shouldn't we see lighting hit randomly, perhaps even into zombie groups, etc? It would also be great, if it would actually set houses/trees on fire. One thing I know: I'm not going out today! 

Edited by S3V3N
  • Like 7

13 minutes ago, S3V3N said:

Holy shit, Ive just been outside to get a new steel wire for my bike's breaks. Suddenly the clouds came and lighting started. One lighting bolt hit the electronic wires of a construction site, not three meters away from me. It sparked and I think the Streetlight on the the other side imploded (I heard a sound of glas breaking, but the lights aren't turned on yet). Needless to say I stumbled back into the first open shop door. There they asked me if I saw that lighting and I could only nod. So then I had to run for ten more minutes with a steel wire in my hands and a bag of wet clothes on my back. There is no better conductor ^^

Holy crap that was scary. So far I've seen lighting hit twice (!) in my life. The other time it completely destroyed our neighbors biggest tree and set it on fire. But that was almost 20 years ago. Today wasn't as big, but man...nature is dangerous! Which is why I wonder now, if we can make lighting any more dangerous. Say you are running around on rooftops or high up on a meadow - shouldn't we see lighting hit randomly, perhaps even into zombie groups, etc? It would also be great, if it would actually set houses on fire. One thing I know: I'm not going out today! 

Glad you're OK!  That would be awesome to have lighting in the game.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Thurman Merman said:

Glad you're OK!  That would be awesome to have lighting in the game.

If you've seen the Zeus demo mission in ArmA 3 and the talk of integrating their sound system it's not so far fetched that lightning strikes could go along with the visual we already have.

I used to fly RC planes full contact combat any weather day or night with a friend and I remember some good laughs one day very intoxicated waving my four foot telescoping antenna at the clouds during a thunder storm screaming taunts and expletives encouraging the higher power to prove I'm not a "highlander" trying to break the other guys concentration so I could move in for a hit.

My buddy hid between two light poles like a bitch.   

• Like 1

Holy double post.

What the hell is wrong with the message boards now? 

Edited by BCBasher

12 hours ago, philbur said:

This post is what I was referring to.

I agree on the idiotic amount of weapon-related content. We need the core gameplay sorted first...before the COD, BF, and H1Z1 crowd get their toys.

You all know I did not come to DayZ for PvP but adding more weapons is not making DayZ more of a PvP game.

Also, the work being done to create new weapons and work on authentic reload characteristics is separate from the massive module work needed to implement something like the new character controller, or the audio module, or vehicles, or base building.

The people who code stuff for those weapons are not the same people or have the same knowledge base as people who work on other parts.

DayZ is going to have A LOT of "toys" but they will be difficult to acquire and maintain without a ton of resources.

I'm personally tired of the "more guns means DayZ is more PvP".

Scarcity will be a thing, you will have a mod to fit your tastes.... stop spreading falsehoods based on your own impatience and lack of perspective, please.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Salty seadog said:

Anyone had any luck finding fal mags or .308 ammo? Musve looted mishkino tents about 50 times! And ive been to ~20 heli crashes, but still no luck. Just wondering if theyre in..

I've found it a couple of times in houses, and crashed vehicles. That's pretty much it.

8 hours ago, Noctoras said:

No, I won't. What I do feel like bashin, though, is that fact that there is no content apart from phew phew related content and no other content in sight either.

Vocal minority

Agreed on that...but I am still about three Experimental builds away from the lack of content being a concern, personally. As if I know what their internal roadmap looks like (they probably don't know either) but I do think they should get the core of the game to a point where graphics, audio, Infected, and Loot have a decent level of functionality....and then add content. If not, the modders are gonna get rich off me. :-)

• Like 1

On 24/06/2016 at 6:31 AM, igor-vk said:

Yesterday I shot zombie in head with Amphibia and he turned around and run in oposite direction as fast as he could!

"Then they're learning, they're actually learning."

tumblr_inline_n9zfdloNFL1s248b8.jpg

:)

• Like 4

A quick question to you boys and girls.

B95 or Winchester 70?

I've picked up both and now I can't choose. I've got some great long rage shots (on zombies) with the Winchester. Haven't tried the B95 on anything yet. I might store the Winnie and try the Blaze for a bit.

But which is better?

On 24/06/2016 at 11:03 AM, fowang said:

I have found them in clothing and boxes, in Civilian houses and Military tents.  Keep looking they will come!

Since I started looking, I've put about 30+ hours across several maps and I've only found one box of 308.

Today, though, I found about 50 shotty shells in various locations. Ironically, after I ditched my double barrel shotgun.  :/

• Like 1

2 hours ago, philbur said:

-snip-t I do think they should get the core of the game to a point where graphics, audio, Infected, and Loot have a decent level of functionality....and then add content. -snip-

This is NOT how this works.

They are separate teams for separate game elements.

They work independently and to your perspective "content" is being added much faster, which is also not true.

Many modules are sitting in internal builds with just as much work into them but cannot be merged in yet.

Let's keep the conversation accurate to the reality of how games are built.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

This is NOT how this works.

They are separate teams for separate game elements.

They work independently and to your perspective "content" is being added much faster, which is also not true.

Many modules are sitting in internal builds with just as much work into them but cannot be merged in yet.

Let's keep the conversation accurate to the reality of how games are built.

You must be reading my post wrong, my man.

"content" is what I call all the ancillary things like NPC dynamic events, building and crafting, animal behavior, and vehicles.

I'm pretty sure I can have any f-ing "perspective" I bloody want to and calling it "untrue" is out of line....sorry...

Modules "sitting in internal builds with just as much work into them but cannot be merged" kind of makes my point...right?, as you probably mean things like the above "content" I mentioned.

(but....that means I read your mind and decided for myself what you were talking about...instead of asking for clarification...which is poor manners...right, Bio?) ;-)

And....the minute you build a game and sell it you can then suggest how my conversations should be kept. There are so many other useless threads that could use your condescending comments that I am surprised you found time to bother with mine.

Edited by philbur