SMoss

Stable Branch - 0.60 Discussion

11 hours ago, popeandy said:

- Today after 5 minutes exposure to a monsoon in full military gear, (helmet, TSKO shirt/pants, high capacity vest, 32 slot backpack, balaclava, gloves, military boots all pristine) I went from normal to hypothermic. Started three fires immediately under a covered area stacked 3x logs in each and 5x sticks kept more fuel for fire handy. Was able to dry off within 1-2 minutes and still hypothermic....hypothermic... hypothermic spamming on screen. Died within 5 or so minutes standing in the middle of three roaring fires. Took me three days to acquire my entire kit by the way. 

The only thing that helps in the not too rare occasion of bugged hypothermia - put on a quilted jacket on sprint around for approx. 20-25 minutes. This gets rid of shaking or hypothermia everything I reckon.

Anybody seen any shotgun shells at all? Haven't seen a single one.

Also, where does the Winnie 308 ammo spawn? Ain't seen any of that either.

found shotgun shells and boxes 308 in civilian houses and some in clothes on the ground

Edited by wasnu

Can you tell us which type of civvie houses?

I haven't seen a single one.

all sorts of civ houses. the 308 boxes i found in those green houses with stairs outside to get in

have roundabout 40 shotgun shells and 50 bullets 308.

i found them all on the coast, not in the big towns but in the little ones

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Tonyeh said:

I found shotgun shells in cars and .308 ammo in houses and in cars (found it with 3 different carachters on 3 different private servers).

• Like 1

8 hours ago, wasnu said:

double klick items in your inventory and it goes to your hand, double klick item in your hands and it goes to your inventory.

for it feels good with double klick, no need for an "X" or hotkey

But you still need to open the inventory and press double click, a hotkey for removing items from your hands doesn't hurt.

Launched dayz today, 188mb update, what could that be? ;) CLE fix?

I logged in yesterday and ran towards NWAF on one of my main servers from .59 and found almost nothing, a few pieces of cloth there a can of food every few kilometers. When i reached NWAF with some normal equip and an improvised backpack i looted the whole Airfield, literlly nothing except lovely Rocket Aviators, moment after reaching tent city, the server died. Joined a different server and checked the first tent. 2 AUG and military clothing. Next tent. M4 & 60rnd mags. 

Everywhere NATO stuff, after looting tent city i was fully equiped and was wondering how i got the loot that is supposed to spawn at crashsites and tisy? A few minutes later checking the barracks and again nothing but Rocket Aviators...

Plox fix thiz soon™

Since there is no EXP thread:  Logged in today on SC01.  Ran around Novy a bit (police station, guard house, some barns - maybe 5 minutes).  Stopped in the field between NS and SS to drink a soda and eat some peaches.  All good.  Ran to the car park on the east side of Stary - red hyperthermic.  My guy must be in really bad shape.  He was drenched - it was raining - and wearing no gloves or hat, but only an M65 and jeans.

there is an huge difference in temperature on all servers. 

on one you get hot while standing still with drenched clothes, log in on an other server and you will very fast cold.

looks like testing which server cuases issues and why.

but, for sure, its no fun to walk slowly on rainy servers and get overheated

• Like 2

11 hours ago, moeb1us said:

how do I do this (the private)? I feel a bit lost in the new feedback tracker tbh. The user interface seems weird, and I work with software all my life.

Same, I think it might be easier to skip reporting bugs at present.

- I am not allowed to post the full bug / glitch on the board
- I for one was unable to open a new thread in the bug section
- and to conclude the fun, the exp thread is closed, whilst I was playing on the exp branch finding out about the glitch

It becomes as challenging as reporting an abusive server (hopefully not as pointless ;) )

Edited by Noctoras
sp
  • Like 1

On 6/22/2016 at 4:14 PM, Thurman Merman said:

I agree entirely.  The game has suffered ever since the Devs decided to try and "micro-manage" playstyles by forcing people off the coast.  I used to find more groups at NWAF BEFORE the nerfed the coast down to hat cities.  Just set up a Chernarus full of great environments (i.e., places a player has a viable reason to go) and let the play grow organically.  

If people wanted to get geared up in Balota tents or PvP on Prison Island or go out west to hunt or hang around NWAF trying to get the best loot, let them.  I can't tell what they're trying to achieve by making 90% of the map a grind of soda cans and hats.  OHHH another player, maybe I'll murder him with one of my 3 9mm rounds?  Or, I'll save that ammo.  For what exactly?  I feel like they have turned recent builds into more of a pointless PvP fest.  

They have turned recent builds into PVP heavy builds. Personally, I think it's because they're losing players and so it's easy to tempt casuals back with lots of guns and shooting. The "game" (If you can call it that) has been in Alpha for 3 years and seems to just consistently take 1 step forward 2 steps back. Whenever something is fixed, more things are broken. I do agree that through micro management of play style, it's really taken the fun out of it for me. Fortunately, I've got my £15 worth from it, so I'm not too gutted, but I'd not suggest anyone buys it now, cause I don't think it'll ever go gold. Watch yourself here, it's a wolf pit, any criticism is regarded as trolling, but mindless fanboying is considered constructive.

On 6/21/2016 at 8:45 PM, S3V3N said:

What I dislike most about them in the standalone is how stealth doesn't do anything

Yep my play style was to mainly keep prone in towns and throw tin cans to distract the odd zombie. All i can do right now is risk attacking them, try and and lock them in a house with the fiddly door interaction or wait for someone else to get agro. You'd think throwing some human meat or banging a bin would distract them.

5 hours ago, krisfx said:

-snip-it's a wolf pit, any criticism is regarded as trolling, but mindless fanboying is considered constructive.

Firstly, calling anybody a fan boy does your comments no service.

Criticism is not valid if you do not have a complete understanding of the process and nobody here except the devs truly know the process top to bottom, beginning to end, and all the pitfalls the project has had to overcome.

I will be the first person to criticize almost anything when the time is right but if you are capable of keeping an objective and thoroughly historical informed perspective you will find it is rarely the time to draw criticism.

I thought that releasing .60 without a queue system was a poor choice and I said so.

I have told most people NOT to buy DayZ yet.

Some of the comments in this thread read with complete ignorance of the fact that we have MOST of the modules left to be implemented and that will change everything about DayZ.... no really!

Do any of you know the degree of patience I have had to display in waiting for fucking zombies in my zombie game???

Would you like to hear some fresh criticism from a die hard "fanboy"?

Originally it was said that dynamic spawn of infected (which was in the mod) was off the table and that all infected would be spawned on server start and only respawn when killed.

People BEGGED for them to put in dynamic infected spawn basically right up until the point they announced it.

IT BASICALLY TOOK 2 AND A HALF YEARS TO GET TO THAT POINT!

Now, take a moment and think.... maybe that decision needed to wait to see if Enfusion saved enough performance to actually solve the issue (which it didn't).

Now those 2+ years without high populations of infected that were spent waiting while the CoD crowd took over and everyone adopted KoS seem like they were wasted time that may have tainted the player base.

They could have been perfecting dynamic AI spawn this whole time, right?

Nope, countless other shit was being done by those same devs to even get us to this point at all.

Only now are they beginning to toy with loot scarcity and this is merely the first steps.

BALANCING IS FOR BETA.

^This statement alone makes some of the discussions in this thread fairly pointless.

I am fully prepared for this project to miss all prospective release dates by a full year.

I am willing to wait longer for a high quality game.

A game which will be modded to your liking even if you don't prefer vanilla.

I've forgot more about DayZ than most players know.

Do I come off mindless?

Actually, I'm the guy with impeccable taste that has a long history of backing winners in all forms of Art and Entertainment.

We mostly cannot comprehend the potential this game has and patience has done nothing but rewarded me thus far.

I too have played my monies worth of DayZ but I also believe that vanilla 1.0 will and should be desirable for me to play as an original supporter of the vanilla mod and the game play experienced there.

The never ending revolving door of short sighted ignorant people on this forum has been a challenge to deal with all on it's own but once again patience paid off as in the last couple years there is a decent group of critical and well informed folks here, who test, suggest, and generally support this unique, amazing, and fun, (albeit maddening) project.

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give SA .61 Experimental

Edited by ☣BioHaze☣
  • Like 5

14 hours ago, Tonyeh said:

I have only seen those 2 shot clips in deer stands. Haven't seen a pile of shotgun shells lately. I found 308 in tent city in one of the tents.

• Like 1

Yesterday I shot zombie in head with Amphibia and he turned around and run in oposite direction as fast as he could!

New Cherno looks interesting. I like how @Senchi (DayZ) filled empty space between Cherno and Novoselky. Did you notice that there is football field with stands now?

Overheating thingy is very iritating. Devs must think out new way to cool down ASAP! Maybe at water pump/well (water is always cold in well)  or something like that.

Edited by igor-vk
  • Like 1

Friend got punched out by another friend and never woke up from unconscious, no matter how many CPRs, epinephrines, or saline bags we used. Lasted 20 mins before friend respawned.

I'm actually stupid. Yes - it is confirmed now! I complained about the weapons/sniper sway - but I had it zoomed in all the way (with +). This far mode isn't really for hitting stuff, but for spotting it. When I use normal zoom there is a little sway, but that's where skill comes to play ;)

I do think the panting and grasping for air after running for 2 minutes is too much and would like to relax faster to get into position. I also think that holding the breath while shooting wasn't the worst idea Arma had, so I wonder why we ditched it. I'm still with MP5/Blaze, but man am I happy I brought my magazines down with me. I've seen nothing in the police stations at the coast. And the coast is so empty - I met more people in the woods than in Cherno ^^ That's a bit odd: creating the most beautiful cities in the game and then having nothing there that's worth visiting.

I made my first full Ghillie, though. Also I met up with one of my friends. The other got sick and went to die in the wilderness ^^  

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Tonyeh said:

I have found them in clothing and boxes, in Civilian houses and Military tents.  Keep looking they will come!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

Criticism is not valid if you do not have a complete understanding of the process and nobody here except the devs truly know the process top to bottom, beginning to end, and all the pitfalls the project has had to overcome.

Your logic, Sir seriously irritates me. Basically we could abolish democracies. No voter has a complete understanding of the process top to bottom, so voting and criticism on it is not valid. The person in charge obviously must never chance, because everyone else does not kniow it top to bottom either. Maybe his son would be best. You are talking like straight out of the dark ages. Not even The Third Reich could have been criticised, since noone but the inner circle knew it rock to bottom. You get my drift...

Let me just make that very clear: It NEVER should be necessary to understand a subject rock to bottom in order to have an opinion to it. Opinions might help devs to sway decisions which might improve gameplay for us all. Constructive cirticism and bug reporting can do a lot more for development that praising every finger move by a developer. An environment without constructive criticism will be very bad in improving. And actually much of the often complained about downfalls of the game seem to be due to the devs rather playing their own game instead of listen to the communicty or them listening to their beloved streaming crowd, which is by no means representative for the community.

If you have good points and voice them prominently, you run the risk to get the "vocal minority" tag attached. This basically is a good means to say "I listend but will not act on it, because I have another preference" - and since you cannot track numbers and lack surveys, you will be labelled the "Vocal minority", implying that the majority of course would prefer the dev way.

I never thought the day would come when I would diametrically oppose your view, because I like yout style of posting, but here we go. I just cannot see any reason why there should be no criticism. a game NEEDS criticism. "can't wait for packs in 0.61" won't change the game. "I think packs might bw good if they span here and there for this or that reason and suboptimal zombie spawning has told us that we should do this different here" might give an impetus.

People complaining about being geared with M4s in 30 minutes are helpful, people saying they cannot open lids of barrels under conditions are helpful This triggers change. "Love the new R56678-super-railgun" on the other hand will not trigger change, even if it is the 200th gun implemented with the game still lacking relevant content apart from phew phew.

So go on people, DO criticise. No need to know the lines of code rock bottom.

Just don't get personal and insultin.

Regards

Your Vocal Minority.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Noctoras said:

-snip-

So go on people, DO criticise. No need to know the lines of code rock bottom.

Just don't get personal and insultin.

Regards

Your Vocal Minority.

Well, I'm glad you have enjoyed my posts and appreciate the kind words but I think you focused too hard on the first point and took it to an extreme of it's actual intended meaning.

Constructive criticism is very important and in fact any good bug report is basically that at it's core.

I also think that equating knowledge of a games development history with knowledge of the democratic process is a false equivalency, especially when you consider that politics has been around far longer than game dev and is often a system built for public inclusion that game dev never was.

People say things and yes even criticize without all the facts and this continues to misinform the community when these false statements are parroted in the echo chamber.

^This is rarely helpful and sounds a lot like.... the Tea Party doesn't it?!

A fair percentage of my above post included criticism within it yet somehow you seem to be saying that I do not think criticism belongs on the forum?

You also seem to keep coming back to this "vocal minority" thing (something I have been called before and is a baseless label).

If you find yourself in the "vocal minority" as far as DayZ dev is concerned, you're probably doing something right.

The majority of players here do not care to see the game develop past CoDayZ and those of us that want a survival game have been cornered into a minority but thankfully I believe the devs are in that corner with us..... and my faith in this will not waver until I see real evidence to the contrary.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When people whine about a broken feature and insult the devs while having a piecemeal understanding of the process, they need to go away.

^This is not constructive and is a lot of the reddit minded posts we get here.

People COMPLAINING about anything is not constructive.

Even your example of finding M4's in 30 minutes is completely pointless if you know that beta is where balancing takes place.

There will be a time for much more pointed criticism as the details of the game emerge with the modules.

You and I have not even played DayZ SA yet, and neither have the devs.

^This is a fact that just taken alone can nullify many "complaints".

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Surviving the flamers and trolls of this forum for 4 years has made me a better internet citizen (no really) and made me a better debater, learning to attack ideas and not the person who posited them.

When I am critical of part of the game I weigh all the factors and often come out with, "this isn't finished yet" or "the current mechanic is a placeholder".

You can post 1,000's of words about why something that is currently in game needs fixing, constructive or otherwise, but if basically that whole element is going to change, why would you waste your time and energy?

Now because people can't envision DayZ beyond the way it has been and think the game is even near complete they constantly keep harping on something that is being completely overhauled, tweaked, changed, ripped out, and is months away from being balanced.

^What a boring, pointless, waste of time, energy, and forum real estate, right?

Now imagine being the devs and trying to glean anything useful from that pile.

• Like 4