SMoss

Stable Branch - 0.60 Discussion

1 minute ago, Thurman Merman said:

.  I can't tell what they're trying to achieve by making 90% of the map a grind of soda cans and hats.  OHHH another player, maybe I'll murder him with one of my 3 9mm rounds?  Or, I'll save that ammo.  For what exactly?  I feel like they have turned recent builds into more of a pointless PvP fest.  

You have to take the endgame into consideration. Ideally the game will set you up alone, you will meet others, start making camps, then a base. In the end you have player controlled areas or even towns, ideally. I don't have any problems finding ammo, but I also enjoy just looting and random encounters while doing so. I've traveled north to get geared there, made a camp and stayed a while. We fixed some vehicles and went around the north a lot. Then I split up and made another camp in the south, bringing all the burlap we found. Yesterday I went along the coast for merely 30 minutes and found 13 nettings. Next goal is a full ghillie and going back up north to check one the old camp. On the way I'll reunite with the others. I'm having a lot of fun and I'm seeing a lot more towns than before this way. I think this build encourages travel a bit more. There are still a few items I haven't found, despite the journey. But then again - I haven't been everywhere. I think all loot should spawn more or less in the same places, but some items should be rare in one area and not in another. So if you find it you're lucky, but if not you know where to have a better chance. This would mean getting to know the map better by looting.   

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Thurman Merman said:

I agree entirely.  The game has suffered ever since the Devs decided to try and "micro-manage" playstyles by forcing people off the coast.  I used to find more groups at NWAF BEFORE the nerfed the coast down to hat cities.  Just set up a Chernarus full of great environments (i.e., places a player has a viable reason to go) and let the play grow organically.  

If people wanted to get geared up in Balota tents or PvP on Prison Island or go out west to hunt or hang around NWAF trying to get the best loot, let them.  I can't tell what they're trying to achieve by making 90% of the map a grind of soda cans and hats.  OHHH another player, maybe I'll murder him with one of my 3 9mm rounds?  Or, I'll save that ammo.  For what exactly?  I feel like they have turned recent builds into more of a pointless PvP fest.  

I'm wondering how things like dynamic infected spawning and predators are going to affect this whole system they're trying to create, what they've done so far hasn't forced me to do anything with my passive avoidance playstyle. Over all though I'm not finding it rewarding to have taken the time to learn how to get by with just a garden tool, stone knife, pack of seeds, and a tincture bottle when I can find enough canned goods in random sheds and houses in the woods that I happen upon. I might stop by the abandoned military base for some gorka clothes with their water proof 6 pockets but it's not forcing me to go anywhere.

In the end I'll probably play this more on my own server with just my kids but I think the game would be so much cooler on the real servers if survival skills were worth more to a newer player than punching me out for my trumpet to pew pew their way to NWAF for the PvP circle jerk that goes on there. 

• Like 8

31 minutes ago, S3V3N said:

You have to take the endgame into consideration. Ideally the game will set you up alone, you will meet others, start making camps, then a base. In the end you have player controlled areas or even towns, ideally. I don't have any problems finding ammo, but I also enjoy just looting and random encounters while doing so. I've traveled north to get geared there, made a camp and stayed a while. We fixed some vehicles and went around the north a lot. Then I split up and made another camp in the south, bringing all the burlap we found. Yesterday I went along the coast for merely 30 minutes and found 13 nettings. Next goal is a full ghillie and going back up north to check one the old camp. On the way I'll reunite with the others. I'm having a lot of fun and I'm seeing a lot more towns than before this way. I think this build encourages travel a bit more. There are still a few items I haven't found, despite the journey. But then again - I haven't been everywhere. I think all loot should spawn more or less in the same places, but some items should be rare in one area and not in another. So if you find it you're lucky, but if not you know where to have a better chance. This would mean getting to know the map better by looting.   

But you could do all of that without the design decision to make several points of interest less interesting.  I used to wander through the middle of the map with specific goals in mind (collect so many of X and bring them back to camp; find as many of the vehicles as possible; etc.).  Maybe what I'm upset about is ultimately a balancing issue (in which case ALPHA), but I think from dev comments its a design issue.  Call it political if you want, but if you're not going to have a story line as a developer, why on earth are you trying to centrally plan my actions/movements?

So, I was just running through Vybor with a Mosin+PU and plenty of ammo.  Decided to practice my sprint til' shaky-spin-aim-fire-reload-fire routine on Infected.  After 17 rounds, my Mosin misfired due to being ruined.  Was that because I was using damaged ammo or is Mosin dgredation set too high?  I've fired much more than that out of a Glock, M4, and Magnum with no similar effect.

Edited by Thurman Merman
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Thurman Merman said:

So, I was just running through Vybor with a Mosin+PU and plenty of ammo.  Decided to practice my sprint til' shaky-spin-aim-fire-reload-fire routine on Infected.  After 17 rounds, my Mosin misfired due to being ruined.  Was that because I was using damaged ammo or is Mosin dgredation set too high?  I've fired much more than that out of a Glock, M4, and Magnum with no similar effect.

I ruined an MP5 a couple of days ago and assumed it was, because I got hit by infected. I don't think I was shooting anything worse than "worn" ammo with it, but I'm not sure if you have to split your mags now to sort out every single bullet and check if it is damaged. That would be a pita. I'm gonna run some tests on that with the MP5. Have a lot of different state ammo for it, though I threw away all damaged stacks.

----

How is the inventory issue in this patch? Did anyone spawn without their pants yet? This is something I hope the devs adress (and fix) pretty quickly. I understand how people get upset about it. Unique 0.60 bug it seems - hopefully they can find what causes it anyway. 

Edited by S3V3N
  • Like 1

On ‎2016‎-‎06‎-‎15 at 6:05 PM, Alex94cz said:

Hi everyone! I don't understand why I can't join a public server because all of them needs passwords. What I have to do? Thanks for help

go in your filter to change from show password only off.

there is a glitch in the new Cherno hotel building at the stairs and lobby . To be on the safe side and not run the risk of being kicked from the forum I refrain from posting anything further, but it should be reproducable easily with a little patience.

I'm just... I'm still butthurt about NOBODY EVER BEING NORTHEAST anymore like really!!!! I remember being legit paranoid every time I went to Novo clock tower because it felt like there was always some idiot waiting up there with a shotgun. Or say, the abandoned parking lot next to Cernaya Polana. I used to find people there quite often. Now if I'm lucky I'll catch someone as they're doing the suicide glitch up that way. :C

• Like 1

For those getting passwoeded servers only just open the filter and change the password only thing. I dont know why this is an option. I honestly dont see myself using this let alone have it default.

-Ben

Here is some feedback. I have tested the experimental version and stable version extensively having visited every single town and point of interest on the map. Have tested on public/private hives both first and third person servers and on a whitelisted private hive. 

- Vehicle persistence is broken.

- Drove the V3S with all pristine tires and it was moving at an incredibly slow pace. (Yes I know it's a manual transmission now and yes I'm handling the gears correctly.) It can't drive up even the slightest elevation at all now. The car is constantly bumping around and drives top speed of 30kph. 

- Player placed tents within close proximity to a loot spawnpoint approx 25m will often stop that building from spawning anything.

- Items stop spawning in military locations after a certain time without a server reset

- Zombies will immediately halt a vehicle and stand on top of it. Shooting them will damage the vehicle parts. 

- The AKM will not accept 30 round magazines, 75 round drum worked.

- "Black holing" items still occurs where it will suddenly vanish from your hands slot when double carrying.

- The temperature system is absolutely broken. Can sit still for a hour completely drenched neck deep in water naked and still be constantly overheating. 

- Today after 5 minutes exposure to a monsoon in full military gear, (helmet, TSKO shirt/pants, high capacity vest, 32 slot backpack, balaclava, gloves, military boots all pristine) I went from normal to hypothermic. Started three fires immediately under a covered area stacked 3x logs in each and 5x sticks kept more fuel for fire handy. Was able to dry off within 1-2 minutes and still hypothermic....hypothermic... hypothermic spamming on screen. Died within 5 or so minutes standing in the middle of three roaring fires. Took me three days to acquire my entire kit by the way. 

- Rangefinders are still broken and have been at least since .59 only registering 4m-7m distance.

- No fruits/vegetables spawn any longer

- Only chickens and maybe 3x total deer on the entire map of chernarus spawn. 

- Many towns have no zombies at all and others have 15+

- Many buildings that once had loot now have no loot that spawns. 

- Zombies do not attack through or pass through walls as much or at all now.

- Gun ballistics / sounds / animations / attachments spawns all functioning normal

- Is smersh still in the game? Checked 12+ heli crashes and all military locations

- Broom taken out?

- Only ever found one single dynamic spawned boat along the coast seem to be incredibly rare events

- Seems like hydration/hunger are a constant need with my character requiring 20 gallons of water and thousands of calories per day just to maintain a healthy / normal status

-  

• Like 1

I have confirmed that a pistol with a flashlight still won't go in a holster.

@popeandy yes smershes are spawning.  got very lucky and found both parts at one heli.

• Like 1

On 18/06/2016 at 2:46 PM, koffeekage said:

having the "X" on the item in hands needs to come back right click and select is too slow in a bind

Also a hotkey for removing items in hands would be nice to have.

2 hours ago, popeandy said:

Started three fires immediately under a covered area stacked 3x logs in each and 5x sticks kept more fuel for fire handy. Was able to dry off within 1-2 minutes and still hypothermic....hypothermic... hypothermic spamming on screen. Died within 5 or so minutes standing in the middle of three roaring fires. Took me three days to acquire my entire kit by the way.

Have you tried unplugging and plugging it back in???  AKA logging

• Like 1

On 6/18/2016 at 4:29 PM, barnabus said:

Public Servers warning Join=Ban, or Jews Only or some other racist shit

dc10Pba.png     Place is a ghost town on Saturday, though.

This is a joke. Relax.

Edited by Rags!
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Wili said:

double klick items in your inventory and it goes to your hand, double klick item in your hands and it goes to your inventory.

for it feels good with double klick, no need for an "X" or hotkey

Not sure how to post bugs, but here is one I found...placed fertilizer and pelts in barrel.  Closed barrel.  Started tanning.  Normal server "midnight" reset occurred.  Barrel will not open now, but all contents still seen inside (and cannot move them of course).

A Red 9 seems pretty useful. I finally gave in and went for a suicide run into tent city and found 13 zombies and I had 40 shots with the sporter with no scope. It seems to shoot a little left. Found a bunch of all the ammo and no weapons or food and a ton of empty clothes. The last tent gave me an ak74 with damaged butt and damaged silencer and on the other side of the tent was a pristine pso-1 scope. No mag but I went up on the west hill and shot some left over zombies from about 400 yds. No range showing on scope and range finder is still bugged out anyway. I paged down a couple times to set it to 100 and I was dead accurate and I recall that rifle being pretty lousy at aiming. I have been all the way across the map from the east coast to the west coast and have had no problems with heat or cold. I ate some vitamins when I found them within the first hour of this character just for fun. I am on 1pp. I started him last night and played for about 4 hours...and another 4 hours tonight and still not showing healing or healthy. I've kept my hunger and thirst in bright green and even stuffed status for a good portion of the time, since I found 9 bags of rice in one town and just made big adventures in 4 directions and came back and ate another bag and had more water from the local pub..pub...pump. I move everything manually and keep my hands free when climbing, so I have not seen any weird buggy anythings so far. I did try that hide the zombie thing for myself when I was next to a factory in the grass and it sunk a little but basically was still there and still a trip hazard. Maybe I'll let one chase me into a house with 2 doors and test it inside. Great looking zombies! Where did you guys hide all the rifles? I'm looking for your barrels and tents :-P~~~~

I'm kind of inclined to agree with Thurman now, after having spent some more time in Elektro. There definitely was a lot more loot. Basically the only useful thing I found was a little food, a burlap sack, backpack and rope. So this is definitely meant to just get you started. I kept thinking that maybe traffic has something to do with it, but I think on a server that is almost always 50/50 there has to be enough traffic to respawn loot. Police station - empty. 90% of garages - empty. Civilian houses - mostly empty. Granted, there was some loot in the garages and hangars. Tons of wheels too. Still - it's very odd. A week ago, I found a lot more in Elektro without exploring nearly as much as I have now. 

The fun part was when I shot a zombie, only to find out my silencer was ruined. You don't want to do that in central Electro :) The infected climbing over fences and walls everywhere looked awesome. I had a hard time shaking them off without drawing out more.   

Also - is there tide in Dayz? I remember placing the tents on quite dry ground, but today I respawned in the water. Nice view though:

Spoiler

20160623072329_1_zpsjvxggcv1.jpg

I absolutely loathe fishing at the sea (with a rod). First, you have to stand knee-deep in the wash to even start fishing and then the damn waves roll in and out and just when you caught a fish you can't see the prompt, because the water is too low. I guess - perhaps - this is the reason why you can walk around with the telesope rod without pulling the bait out. I also had the feeling I caught fish quicker with the new rod. I didn't yet try the crafted one in 0.60 to compare. It would be great (!) If we could actually sit back somewhere and reel the fish in, instead of standing chest-deep in the water, looking like idiots ;)

Edited by S3V3N
  • Like 6

18 hours ago, boneboys said:

Submit Bug Report please. (set to private).

how do I do this (the private)? I feel a bit lost in the new feedback tracker tbh. The user interface seems weird, and I work with software all my life.

Edited by moeb1us
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Kohlbar said:

I'm just... I'm still butthurt about NOBODY EVER BEING NORTHEAST anymore like really!!!! I remember being legit paranoid every time I went to Novo clock tower because it felt like there was always some idiot waiting up there with a shotgun. Or say, the abandoned parking lot next to Cernaya Polana. I used to find people there quite often. Now if I'm lucky I'll catch someone as they're doing the suicide glitch up that way. :C

I guess the parking lot is empty because they changed the spawns, dude? I mean all there is left is a couple cars and busses, but all the military clothing stuff from the Urals and the UAZ and the pickup trucks are gone.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Wili said:

Try pressing 'H' for holster weapon.

1 hour ago, moeb1us said:

I guess the parking lot is empty because they changed the spawns, dude? I mean all there is left is a couple cars and busses, but all the military clothing stuff from the Urals and the UAZ and the pickup trucks are gone.

I know they changed those spawns, and that's depressing to me, I dunno. Just doesn't seem like there's any fun little jackpots for people to check out anymore. Just gotta make a B-Line to the airport.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Kohlbar said:

I know they changed those spawns, and that's depressing to me, I dunno. Just doesn't seem like there's any fun little jackpots for people to check out anymore. Just gotta make a B-Line to the airport.

Yeah I am also not a fan of that change. The Chernaya junkyard, the Novy Sobor junkyard, the pickups at Altar, the convoy at the northern map border, all potential POI of the map that gave diversity and little known loot opportunities are wasted. Hell, the broken down ACP and Humvees were always hotspots as well. Pustoshka. Sigh.

I am all for a reintroducing of the ruined cars into the loot spawns. Maybe with a lowered chance to spawn stuff, but zero chance is too low.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, moeb1us said:

Yeah I am also not a fan of that change. The Chernaya junkyard, the Novy Sobor junkyard, the pickups at Altar, the convoy at the northern map border, all potential POI of the map that gave diversity and little known loot opportunities are wasted. Hell, the broken down ACP and Humvees were always hotspots as well. Pustoshka. Sigh.

I am all for a reintroducing of the ruined cars into the loot spawns. Maybe with a lowered chance to spawn stuff, but zero chance is too low.

Don't you think that they will do that? I thought the military vehicle spawns at least were nice and made sense. They were a bit like a tiny-chopper crash ^^

That broken convoy in the north gave us something to look forward to there. The hunting stands were just a bonus when everything was looted. I'm all for rewarding the players that go on long journeys. The best thing you can find up far north now is a Dirtbike helmet. I'm really not sure what the devs are going for. I wonder if the CLE is broken again, or if it is really supposed to be empty like this everywhere. It's a huge disadvantage to bambini when you can't find much to defend yourself. I liked it in experimental where I found a lot of pistols and a good deal of them had magazines or even silencers. I found plenty of rifle silencers at helicrashs, but I really would like to find more pistol silencers, instead. There was shooting in Elektro everywhere on Experimental. Almost too many guns, but none of them were superstrong, so it actually was fun playing the game right after a few minutes.   

• Like 2

5 hours ago, S3V3N said:

I'm kind of inclined to agree with Thurman now, after having spent some more time in Elektro. There definitely was a lot more loot. Basically the only useful thing I found was a little food, a burlap sack, backpack and rope. So this is definitely meant to just get you started. I kept thinking that maybe traffic has something to do with it, but I think on a server that is almost always 50/50 there has to be enough traffic to respawn loot. Police station - empty. 90% of garages - empty. Civilian houses - mostly empty. Granted, there was some loot in the garages and hangars. Tons of wheels too. Still - it's very odd. A week ago, I found a lot more in Elektro without exploring nearly as much as I have now.

Agree on the lack of loot. I had a late start in work today, so I played for about 4 hours this morning as a fresh spawn.

In that time I found a B95, 5 cans of soda, a box of crunchin crisps and a worn out coat. Spent a lot of time munching apples.

The vast majority of buildings were empty. Not a lot of fun I'm afraid.

• Like 1