SMoss

Stable Branch - 0.60 Discussion

OppIUfa.jpg?1 I've always had my settings at Low As Shit so I could get precious frames. It's nice to see what water look like here...

vFhiKB4.jpg?1 ...compared to what water looks like on Low As Shit.

LxyU4R7.jpg?1 There sheds spawn Hunting Backpacks. I didn't know that. But I do now. So do you.

Z66RLu3.jpg?1 Still lots of glitches in the Matrix.

UfL3UBt.jpg?1 Also, I still kill on sight. Bwa ha ha ha. 

• Like 3

15 hours ago, BAHADIR said:

I expected more about the vehicle status on this patch. But it seems the cars will be worthless cancerous creatures until next patch.

*3rd person driving is stuttering.

*Slides and doesnt stop on very tiny rock.

*Too slow for a start up.

*You need a second player to move it. (if you parked it on grass, forest area, etc.)

*And they despawn like a joke. They are not persistance at the moment. 

Also you cant pack the empty tents... 

While this is all true, you have to remember we are still in the Alpha. What does Alpha mean? Introduction of new features and assets. What does Beta mean? Polishing the game, ridding it of bugs. 

- if your car slides not all wheels are pristine. Even if they look pristine, check visually (tire pressure) and also remove them all and try to use the rep kit (on pristine)

- 3rd person driving should be removed completely, imho

- if the car gets stuck, try reconnecting. If it still doesn't move try switching out a tire and reconnect again. Worked for me. 

- persistance worked before, so it is most likely it will be fixed in either a hotfix or next update. (It seems like cars and helis both re-spawn dynamically at the same time, at the moment.)

- punch your tent or let your friend pack it.

The server crashes are the most annoying thing to me at the moment. It always happens when I'm splitting ammo or just switched my best weapon out for some reason. Great timing! Lost all my M4 ammo and at the same time my M4. Heli crashes seem to cycle pretty quickly now, though. 

---

Also: Rags, are you getting better frames if you lower the settings? For me it was the opposite.

Edited by S3V3N
  • Like 1

I really hope there comes a time when there will be more infected everywhere. On my slow trip exploring from Solni up to Severograd, I didn't come across any infected until I reached Severograd. That was over two days of playing. None in any of the smaller towns on the way - not even Gorka. :(

Edited by entspeak

im looking forward to improved vehicle mobility, tried to get a 4x4 going, just want worth the effort. all good things come to those who wait i suppose.

I think they don`t want zombies in the smaller towns - and I doubt it`s about performance, but game design.

You can watch zombies from the distance to see if any players nearby for instance if they move around or stand still - it`s too easy to spot players for experienced dayz players with zombies in the area. 

Edited by ori42

I'm sure this is old news to all you people, but vehicles are not persistent which makes me a sad panda.

Edited by ColdAtrophy
  • Like 1

The game is becoming more difficult. It seems to me this is a mixture of deliberately so (it's a survival game after all) and accidentally so (it's alpha, etc).

I like a lot of the reload/jam elements of gunplay. But the overheating has just gone too far - we may be masochists, but this is a serious chore and is getting in the way of enjoying other elements of the game.

Have discovered some little things. Canteens are spawning, but seem extremely rare. Painting bits of my M4 green only seemed visible on one server and then reverted to black (this worked fine in the past). The new UI takes some getting used to. It's not broken, but there are some pretty glitchy things in terms of the interplay between hands, gear and display.

The single worst thing for me is the new server selection process. I'm not sure where all these passworded public servers have come from, but there are a lot of them. Yester while running to meet a friend at one point it took me half an hour to find a playable server and I know others are beginning to find this a serious disincentive.

• Like 3

having the "X" on the item in hands needs to come back right click and select is too slow in a bind

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, ColdAtrophy said:

I'm sure this is old news to all you people, but vehicles are not persistent which makes me a sad panda.

I'm still trying to figure this one out. Strange enough a car survived several restarts today. I've seen them back where I left them after just 1x restart often now. But overnight they are always gone. 

The 4x4 drove somehow laggy today. It was difficult, I don't know if something changed since exp, but I think it handled better or had better frames in exp. So far I've been incredibly lucky, because I never was in the car when the server crashed. I got shot at today, tactical shirt badly damaged. My friend took a headshot and his helmet was ruined. Not much protection in the car. The bad thing is, due to lag near a truck I crashed the car and the windscreen broke. As long as there are no replacement windows as loot, I think this shouldn't happen. Or give us the option to punch out the glas completely. It is damn near impossible to drive with a broken windscreen.

18 hours ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

There's a whole thread SMoss released here, Luc.

Yea, now I know :p

I was expecting they would release it in this thread so I never looked at the announcement thread.

Wtg me

1 hour ago, koffeekage said:

having the "X" on the item in hands needs to come back right click and select is too slow in a bind

Ye, and using the quickbar still is painfully unreliable.

1 hour ago, ColdAtrophy said:

Yes, we lost our Hatchback next to our camp and we were wondering if someone stole it without looting anything from our tents or if the server took it.

But then again it prevents players from hiding all the vehicles

Anyone else having trouble with AK's and magazines? Yesterday an AKM woulden't take the standard AK mag, and today my AK101 won't take the standard AK101 magazine. 

If the AK101 won`t use the AK101 mag  u should report it, and did u try to relog? If it was an animation bug or something, @chrhein. 

AKM use 7.62*39 mm rounds and different mag/ammo compare to AK-74 & AKS-74U though which use 5.45 mm rounds.

Edited by ori42

49 minutes ago, Luc Tonnerre said:

Yes, we lost our Hatchback next to our camp and we were wondering if someone stole it without looting anything from our tents or if the server took it.

But then again it prevents players from hiding all the vehicles

Sure, but then you really only get use of a vehicle for a day, which seems kinda sucky for the effort it takes to maintain them.

1 hour ago, S3V3N said:

I'm still trying to figure this one out. Strange enough a car survived several restarts today. I've seen them back where I left them after just 1x restart often now. But overnight they are always gone. 

That's what I experienced too. I had a Lada and a sedan survive one reset. I checked them in the morning before I left for work and they were still there. I got home and logged on yesterday evening and they were both gone. A Lada was respawned one town over where it wasn't the day before. Not 100% sure what's going on here, but something is off or we are missing information.

I can't seem to 'join game' on friends from the Steam overlay. I don't think Red could either yesterday. This is a pain...

• Like 1

reinstalled to give my stuff away yesterday and afterward decided to give the game another go...

the new inventory interface is clunky but I got used to it.  and I like that some places are changed and overgrown now.  it's almost like exploring for the first time again.  and I could be wrong but I think overheating's been turned off (which is certainly more convenient, but it wasn't the overheating that I had a problem with - it was the feedback on hunger/thirst/temp sometimes being GONE).

THE SERVER LIST IS CURRENTLY HORRIBLE.  not many (if any) useful filters, and when you select a server, the highlighting doesn't go all the way across.  makes checking ping, pop, time and whether it's password/private a frustrating unnecessary hassle.  that's the biggest issue by far, in my opinion.  and that's not a bug, that was a decision.  I dunno what they were thinking.  maybe it was meant to make server hopping a hassle.

haven't had a gun jam yet, but so far I've only shot at chickens and a couple of zeds.  I'm hoping boars still spawn.  I've heard deer still do.

• Like 1

I keep forgetting to ask this: 

- was anyone able to use a spare tire from a car/truck or put one in the "spare tire place"? I saw a truck that had two spare wheels behind the cabin, but I couldn't remove them. I couldn't add the spare tire to the 4x4 either. It worked before, though never in 0.60 from as far as I know. 

Also - if you have problems with the servers: 

- hitting play instantly connects to the last server. If you're not keen on knowing how many are on it this is the fastest way to play.

- add the good servers to your favorites and only open that tab in the browser

• Like 1

If you use damages bullets, you get your gun jammed. Gonna reload.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ori42 said:

If the AK101 won`t use the AK101 mag  u should report it, and did u try to relog? If it was an animation bug or something, @chrhein. 

AKM use 7.62*39 mm rounds and different mag/ammo compare to AK-74 & AKS-74U though which use 5.45 mm rounds.

Yes i know, 7.62*39 mag woulden't go into the AKM, I probably need to report this - or try after a relog. Weird though to experience it twice over 2 dayz. 

We have great time playing this patch. As I said if we had vehicle :D. Also Tomatos sticking to trees makes the game unplayable. xD :D :)

mcss0mD.jpg

jWhQ1NW.jpg

Edited by BAHADIR
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Red_Ensign said:

reinstalled to give my stuff away yesterday and afterward decided to give the game another go...

the new inventory interface is clunky but I got used to it.  and I like that some places are changed and overgrown now.  it's almost like exploring for the first time again.  and I could be wrong but I think overheating's been turned off (which is certainly more convenient, but it wasn't the overheating that I had a problem with - it was the feedback on hunger/thirst/temp sometimes being GONE).

THE SERVER LIST IS CURRENTLY HORRIBLE.  not many (if any) useful filters, and when you select a server, the highlighting doesn't go all the way across.  makes checking ping, pop, time and whether it's password/private a frustrating unnecessary hassle.  that's the biggest issue by far, in my opinion.  and that's not a bug, that was a decision.  I dunno what they were thinking.  maybe it was meant to make server hopping a hassle.

haven't had a gun jam yet, but so far I've only shot at chickens and a couple of zeds.  I'm hoping boars still spawn.  I've heard deer still do.

The server situation is getting pretty hopeless for me. Not only that the listing is horrible, but also that the servers themselves are so glitched. The old Euro 'official' servers still show, but are all broken. Some servers that say 'no' in the p/w field are, in fact passworded. Others just fail to connect, while some jam me in the login screen such that I have to close DayZ from Windows and reopen it.

Took me an hour to get into a server while trying to hook up with RyanH this afternoon. In the end I had to give up. It would be nice to have something that discouraged hopping, but preventing the player from playing the game is a little OTT...

The best option is probably just to drop any server I can actually play into my favourites.

So, this one was new for me in 0.60, just checking to see if anyone else...

I had a decent run of gear and was looting a PD in a fairly remote town. Logged out with good clothes, pack full of goodies, fire axe and Carbine on back, plus Double shotty in hands. When I logged back in like an hour later, I as in same location but everything was gone except my Carbine on my back and the Double shotty still in my hands. Even clothes and shoes gone. Anybody see anything similar?

UGH.  Things that now suck.

M4's, FN/FAL's and Aug's spawning at Myshkino tents.  WTF?  So wrong.  It's easier now to get an M4 than it has been in a really long ass time, at least in the last 18 months.  In fact, pretty sure I have seen more NATO Battle Rifles lying Myshkino than I have Eastern Bloc. 

Are pouches for the plate carrier even spawning? 

Heli-crashes are sometimes bare of any loot whatsoever.  Is this a bug meaning the gear has dissipated but the crash itself has not?

Plenty of Public Passworded Servers, along with Public Servers warning Join=Ban, or Jews Only or some other racist shit and such like, pretty sure these are TOS violations..   Police this crap up guys.