Hi on what settings i set my resolution I always keep the lag spikes to 7 fps.
Undo a I7, and g-force 970, 16gb of ram.
Only moment it runs fine is when everything is setting low or after the world settled it self.
In otherwords, it looks like the building up face takes longer then is requert for a smooth game play.
Weard yes, fun no.

When I get everything on max out I get about 30 - 45 minimum but lag spike every 3 seconds when moving true towns and outside of towns to 7 fps.

Do you have DayZ installed on a HDD or SSD?  I have pretty much the same specs but do not have these issues (i have an SSD)

Also, do you have any Launch Options for DayZ in Steam...remove them if you do.

Edited by DemonGroover

Same issue here.

I've an Intel i7, Geforce 650ti, 8gb ram, game runs from my system SSD, no launch options in steam.

Have random fps spikes to 3-7fps for a couple of seconds (all freezes) then it goes back (sometimes In the graphic card monitor I get spikes where GPU and FB usage drops to 0% for 1 second)

Edited by exwoll

On 7/7/2016 at 11:07 PM, DemonGroover said:

Do you have DayZ installed on a HDD or SSD?  I have pretty much the same specs but do not have these issues (i have an SSD)

Also, do you have any Launch Options for DayZ in Steam...remove them if you do.

Shits getting old, top end systems getting 7 fps while 20 people in the same area. Then drives up to 120fps

Its because we need the netcode fixed, and the fact servers cant restrict 600 pings joining the servers.

On top of that, we have shitty core 2 duo's trying to play dayz.

Fun factor is not happening for many people these days.

Doing some more testing on this, but.....

Driving a vehicle in 3rd person is bottle necking to 7fps.

Driving in 1st person keeps most of the times up to 100+ fps on high end stuff.

Driving in 3rd person is dropping to low fps when around vehicles, but when you drive in 1st person you do not have that fps drop.

I am going to play around with the graphics some, and see if i can help stabilize the fps, and stabilize the close to objects fps drops such as towns, hi graded objects, vehicles, other players etc.. while in 3rd and 1st.

This i did test today on ultra high graphics. When another player jumps into the server that has a low end cpu, graphics all of a sudden we start to warp, and freeze up.