Hard to reproduce I guess.

Hive related?

Recent activities I did in that session:

Dropped my gun to my feet to climb up a deerstand and got back down again and pick it up. Ran up a hill with dual carry and a fully modded AK 101,silencer, rail, bipod flashlight, polymer stock, no sights.

Disconnected by "no message received" I guess the server crashed, 1st person exp UK-04 around 11:30 GMT+1 (Berlin time), steam fambaa, charname chris.

Logged back in and found my character wearing nothing except for the skinned down AK, everything gone except for the silencer.

A similar thing happened to many ppl when they first connected to experimental I think, not even base clothing.

Is this related to the persistence change, because that already happened yesterday?

At least F11 worked, guess thats it for my HC character for now. To stressful and sad to lose a 4 day toon with all the stuff on it. *sadface*

U49sIru.jpg

Edited by chris-t
picture attached

Experienced a similar bug on a fragnet server.

Was in a tent sorting gear, server crashed, when it went up again and I rejoined, I was completely stripped, no tent, no gear, no clothes, not even default gear, just a stripped down rifle on my back.

Questions:

First: Did all of this happen in experimental. Some posts are pretty recent, which might indicate some of the reports are from the stable branch. Just like Just Caused reported. If so, then did it all happen on public hives, or it also happened in private hive servers?

Second: Did you all have an AK101, AK74, AKM or M4 with an RIS grip and a flash light and bipod attached? What was all your main weapon including attachments at the moment of log out.

Thanks.

Edited by odin_lowe

Having more info about this would greatly help. 

I've done some testing, and personally it only ever happened once, on stable. I still have both experimental characters. (1PP and 3PP)

So far it only occurred on my 3PP stable public branch character, right after I added a flashlight to the RIS grip for the M4.

Please look at the general forums for some testing on the handguards. No bipods used on my testing and i have yet had a character wipe. Pics included.

I also posted the link in the bug tracker under gear loss thread under sub topic. Blocked by link.

I found a way to reproduce this bug!

1) Double click handguard while the weapon is on your back and a bipod is attached to the weapon.

2) Paint the handguard. (This step may not be necessary, but both repros that I performed I did this way.)

3) Log out.

4) Log back in.

Boom.

EDIT: And for the record, this isn't just M4s that cause this. I did it twice now. Once with an AKM and once with an AK-74.

Edited by ColdAtrophy

On 7/9/2016 at 6:15 PM, ColdAtrophy said:

I found a way to reproduce this bug!

1) Double click handguard while the weapon is on your back and a bipod is attached to the weapon.

2) Paint the handguard. (This step may not be necessary, but both repros that I performed I did this way.)

3) Log out.

4) Log back in.

Boom.

EDIT: And for the record, this isn't just M4s that cause this. I did it twice now. Once with an AKM and once with an AK-74.

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T119647

Feedback, i have helped look into the problem. Its not just those guns, its much deeper. If you have info to add please help me get this error fixed.

It seems it's fixed for the bipods. It was the only reason it was causing this bug. (losing all gear except the main weapon, without any attachments)

I've never had this happen with any other character, private or public branches, no matter what I have on me. Recently did some tests with the bipod on an AK without any issues. Gonna try again with an M4 when I find one, but so far so good, it seems fixed.

ibbbdx.jpg