Sign in to follow this  
Camaban

When is 0.60 likely to be released?

Keep checking back here ever week or so to see if it has been released yet. Any news on that?

YEAH IT'S RELEASED ON EXPERIMENTAL servers.
only about 50 servers, so spam until you get in, other than that, wait till it goes stable.

I am in the USA and I only see one experimental server ... and its private ....

Edited by NewPlayer80

There is no release date, and they're won't be one until the day they plan on releasing it.

Also, there are plenty of U.S.A. servers.

Edited by DJ SGTHornet

like every other patch it'll go to stable about a month after you get heavily invested in another game.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, DJ SGTHornet said:

There is no release date, and they're won't be one until the day they plan on releasing it.

Also, there are plenty of U.S.A. servers.

Yes, there is a release date and to say otherwise shows a bit of stupidity. If there were not a release date then they would have stopped development.  As for the OP : The Dev's haven't stated when they are going to make a stable push for this as they are still tinkering with it. Just keep on checking.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tandwan said:

Yes, there is a release date and to say otherwise shows a bit of stupidity. If there were not a release date then they would have stopped development.  As for the OP : The Dev's haven't stated when they are going to make a stable push for this as they are still tinkering with it. Just keep on checking.

There isn't a confirmed release date though, there currently isn't even a ball park figure that has been given to the community aside from 'when it's ready'.

Of course internally they will be thinking 'we can get this done by around xxxx' but that information won't be passed to us. Look at the road map and the discussions a few months ago about the new renderer to see how unforgiving the community is when deadlines lapse.

So yeah. You're wrong about there being a public release date for .60 but that doesn't mean the devs will stop working on it. It'll be done when it's done.

Edited by stinkenheim
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, NewPlayer80 said:

I am in the USA and I only see one experimental server ... and its private ....

you need to uncheck "passworded" in the server browser filter, originally i couldn't find all the 0.60 exp servers as well

15 hours ago, tandwan said:

There is no release date for stable 0.60. I don't know where you got that idea from. 

4 hours ago, DJ SGTHornet said:

There is no release date for stable 0.60. I don't know where you got that idea from. 

I think he was talking about an internal release date, which I'm also almost certain exists - There is a budget allocated to each phase, so there has to be an internal estimate on how many man-hours or man-days it will take and real time deadline (or even several: "target", "safe" and "critical" if shit really goes south).

For obvious reasons, it won't be made public, so there is no public/official release date, which makes you also right.

Ergo, both of you are right, you're just talking about two different things. ;)

To the OP - We don't know; BI won't tell...

Edited by smoq2
  • Like 1

It's a valid question after all. This update was supposed to hit Dayz in February and the long wait and classy content made it really agonizing to wait. I would appreciate a letter/roadmap from the devs with a rough estimate how things are going to proceed from here on. The beta was supposed to start in Q2 2016; if you look back at old dev plans, they actually estimated the beta for 2015 (in 2014). I'm sure this is difficult for the devs, too. But I think what we can agree on is that nobody blames them or thinks they failed, but that it would be decent to just level with us. ("Plans were to release Beta in Q2 2016 - here are the reasons why we have to postpone it and why S3V3N was right... ^^") something along those lines. Maybe praise me more. Throw money!

No, seriously. Without being a Nay-Sayer, early in 2015 I predicted exactly this outcome. except we didn't get notified by the devs yet. I also predicted the chaos that would ensue if they only released 0.60 on the few experimental servers there were. And that was my conclusion from observation and judgement of things past. Everyone could have forseen it - it's not difficult to predict things with Dayz. Even when I wrote my stuff I was hoping for the opposite outcome. We don't deserve to be informed about every little thing. We are not developing the game and cannot make estimates about when it's done. But we can (with common sense) forsee when something is going to go wrong. And then we watch the devs steer right into it, as predicted. If they were a little more direct about their plans and schedules, telling us only what is immediately in the works AND about why it could be problematic, we would surely understand the reasoning behind certain decisions better. I really always think they are trying to inform us best they can, but most of the time I find myself lacking the actual interesting news, namely: when and why or why not yet? If we can make such accurate estimates about their development, I'm sure they can give us some more inside info to stop having to guess things for months. Feels like the Riddler is on the team sometimes ^^ 

But hey, don't take this too seriously. What it really boils down to is: don't inform us about things that don't concern us, but if they do, inform us immediately and comprehensively. Thanks. 

Edited by S3V3N

Almost 7 months without an update and little to no communication from the developers, it's not going to end well.

You guys remind me of a toddler throwing a tantrum...come on now .60 is released on experimental, and the devs have been very transparent about blockers before the experimental release and also about whats preventing it from going stable. We get a new status update at least every two weeks, and progress is very much in your face. It could be much worse....we could still be waiting for a peek at the new renderer with no information at all. Point is: relax, play some dayz, and for the love of god stop whining about the game not being ready "fast enough"