Sign in to follow this  
Qpec

Roadmap and changelog

Hello there, can someone give me the link to the official roadmap 2016 and the official 0.59 changelog?

There must be one but I can't find it

Edited by Qpec

1 hour ago, Qpec said:

Hello there, can someone give me the link to the official roadmap 2016 and the official 0.59 changelog?

There must be one but I can't find it

Google.

I did, I can't find any official (from the dayz team) roadmap or changelog , nevermind then, they were not really following it anyway.

Edited by Qpec

The original plan was to release the beta in Q2 this year. Which is now. They said they will still work on features during the beta, but usually beta means feature complete. So I think they will add flying vehicles before going into beta. So, I take it will be "Beta in Fall", which puts them only ~6 months behind their goals, which isn't too bad. As for changes, the most important ones will be the character controller (patch 0.62 or later), basebuilding (0.63 or later) aircraft (guess 0.65 or later). Until these three problems haven't been solved the game isn't complete enough for a beta-phase. It does look like they finally got a grip on their engine now, as changes/patches so far have been fairly sucessful. 

Keep in mind that the game will cost more after Beta. I think it's a safe bet to say Dayz will be awesome and the devs are out there to prove it. Even though some may not be my favorite devs, there are a great deal of people in this team I hold in high esteem for what they do. Especially Eugen and Peter, as well as all of the 3D/Dressing Department. I think these people deserve applause and they are a reason to buy the game; I have faith in them. So if you're thinking about telling your friends about Dayz or simply about when to buy the game, I'd say, but it now or wait and watch how 0.61 release is handled. I expect future releases to come faster and with fewer complications from now on. If that is the case it is well worth buying Dayz now, even if you have to wait 6 more months for a beta. The game is enjoyable, just the development is often not. But they pull it off and that deserves respect, too. 

Edited by S3V3N

I thanks for the informations, I appreciate that.

I feel like the Dayz development team is playing a very unclear game with us, even if the engine is getting complete, the core game mechanics (looting, moving, crafting) are still broken and poorly designed, the netcode is terrible and the devs are not communicating the way they should. As a result, there are more people watching the game on twitch than actually playing it, the game failed at being a game.

Anyway, considering the pace of the updates and the tremendous amount of bugs the devs have to deal with, I'm not expecting a final release anytime soon, which is fine.. take your time, make a great game, but stop teasing us with impossible roadmaps and unworkable release dates.