mickyCHOPS

Spawning in underwear or not...

Hi,

Just wondering if we will always be spawning in our basic cloths or in our fluro underwear, or if it we will could potentially end up spawning naked. A touch of realism in this aspect could enhance the game and be interesting or depending how people use this a little disturbing....

thoughts?

Spawning naked would be so crazy haha, even spawning in just underwear would seem strange to me, but I'd see it play into survival mechanics:

-Not having shoes yet hurting your feet

-Being super cold

-No storage

-No rags to spawn with

I'd be fine with this, but I think it would just be too odd for the devs to implement it just for the survival aspects it'd bring

I'd prefer it if players spawned with ruined clothing, making it important to find new clothing as soon as possible. They could even spawn damp, meaning they'd have to dry off too.

I would prefer something Asmondian posted in his suggestion thread:

uIWYLuh.png

I dont know the backround story of a naked spawned player but... there are several options ^^

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Arthur Dubrovka said:

I dont know the backround story of a naked spawned player but... there are several options ^^

Lol .... we are here at DayZ and not at Conan Exiles .... ;-) is still missing the adjustment of various body parts in the length

• Like 1

The only problem I can see is many new players would struggle with zombies. One hit and they're bleeding and now they don't have rags, or clothing to cut up, so they bleed for quite some time. I don't see how this is really going to change anything either.

On 5/26/2016 at 6:09 AM, mickyCHOPS said:

Hi,

Just wondering if we will always be spawning in our basic cloths or in our fluro underwear, or if it we will could potentially end up spawning naked. A touch of realism in this aspect could enhance the game and be interesting or depending how people use this a little disturbing....

thoughts?

O K YOU spawn in and take your stuff off and you go from there, if you want it so bad.

On 6/23/2017 at 3:28 AM, Arthur Dubrovka said:

I would prefer something Asmondian posted in his suggestion thread:

uIWYLuh.png

To be honest, this makes far more sense.... It would groove well with possible professions or something, where you'd get a small initial boost (to make it fair, the boost would just bring a newly-spawned character's skill in say arrow making for hunters to 10 instead of 0) to some crafting profession depending on which character you spawned...

Further, at least it gives a little bit of backstory as well... How exactly does the character find themself in Chernarus? They just wake up one day, in the middle of nowhere, thirty years after the fall of humankind? I mean, with the way the vehicles and houses and such are worn and overgrown, clearly the Zombocalypse in Chernarus was a good many years ago... Like, at the very least, a decade ago, unless Chernarussians just stopped doing home maintenance, yardwork, manufacturing/importing cars, repairing cars, all construction projects just came to a dead HALT a decade ago, etc..... Shit, even the helicopter crashes look like they were trying to fly a heli that crashed 30 years ago... (Hey, maybe that's why they crashed!) :P

Spawning naked with nothing sounds like more aggravation from an already aggravating game.... I'd much rather see the suggestion quoted, tbqh... :)

Edited by t3h_kgb
  • Like 1