Sign in to follow this  
legel

Ruined Backpacks

Is there any downside to having a ruined backpack? I always see dropped ruined backpacks, most likely from bodies. What's stopping me from taking them?

Well, generally ruined items don't protect you from damage while badly damaged and higher items do protect from damage (barely). Also, ruined items look like complete ass.

Dont know if its still a plan but there was some talk (like nearly 2 years ago) to have items drop from badly damaged or worse items (which would be a good mechanic having you run around with your ruined backpack dropping your lootz for us all to find and maybe find you to boot..)

• Like 1

It may not give you protection but if you dont have one, pick that $hit up. Besides, a ruined condition offers better camouflage. I wish you could intentionally degrade certain items like pants because the pristine condition has a little bit of a shine that I dont care for. 

On 5/19/2016 at 10:35 PM, soulfirez said:

Dont know if its still a plan but there was some talk (like nearly 2 years ago) to have items drop from badly damaged or worse items (which would be a good mechanic having you run around with your ruined backpack dropping your lootz for us all to find and maybe find you to boot..)

Reminds me of the version of the bible (King James Version - Book 18: Job) that made your backpack disappear. That shit was hilarious

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, lrishjake said:

Reminds me of the version of the bible (King James Version - Book 18: Job) that made your backpack disappear. That shit was hilarious

OMG I totally forgot about that old bug or purposely implemented mechanic. xD I wonder if they fixed it or not....

tumblr_inline_mqiq6rOB831qz4rgp.gif

Edited by DJ SGTHornet
  • Like 1

Theres no downside to using a ruined backpack. The damage reduction is minimal and most likely not noticed at all. Even damage reduction from clothes isnt that big so you can use ruined ones for the slots. Damage reduction is very much based upon the ammo type used. If shot with weak ammo, Clothes and backpack state DOES provide an advantage, but when shot with assault weapons or high-powered rifles it really doesnt matter. You will die. It might as well be quick so you can click that respawn button.

The whole damage system is kinda bonkers. You can sometimes get shot multiple times and shrug it off and survive and other times get 1 shot with a trumpet when fully energized and hydrated, wearing plate carrier and space marine power armour. WOBO has soem great videos on it but it doesnt seem very consistent with how it SHOULD work.

I was getting the impression on .59 that inventory items stored inside ruined clothing/backpacks would slowly degrade in condition over time.