Sign in to follow this  
Zedertone

How will this do in SA?

Sorry if this is the wrong section, I haven't been on these forums in months on months, because my computer broke. They seem to have changed in a not-so-good way :/ Anyway, just wanna get opinions on this hardware below, and let me know how you think this will run DayZ SA. 

Thanks in advance :)

CPU - AMD Athlon X4 860K 3.7GHz Quad-Core Processor

Motherboard - Asus A68HM-K Micro ATX FM2+ Motherboard

Memory - Kingston HyperX Fury Blue 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory

Storage - Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive

GPU - EVGA GeForce GTX 950 2GB SC+ ACX 2.0

PSU - EVGA 430W 80+ Certified

1 hour ago, zedertone said:

Sorry if this is the wrong section, I haven't been on these forums in months on months, because my computer broke. They seem to have changed in a not-so-good way :/ Anyway, just wanna get opinions on this hardware below, and let me know how you think this will run DayZ SA. 

Thanks in advance :)

CPU - AMD Athlon X4 860K 3.7GHz Quad-Core Processor

Motherboard - Asus A68HM-K Micro ATX FM2+ Motherboard

Memory - Kingston HyperX Fury Blue 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory

Storage - Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive

GPU - EVGA GeForce GTX 950 2GB SC+ ACX 2.0

PSU - EVGA 430W 80+ Certified

Is this what you currently have or plan on buying? I see a few things that jump out to me. The PSU is the weakest link in that build if you ask me. It isn't a terrible PSU as far as quality goes, but as you attach peripherals and bump up the usage you may have issues later on. I would stick with 500W at the minimum, and EVGA is usually a pretty solid brand when it comes to PSUs.

Your CPU...again, it isn't a terrible processor but it is dated. There are no real paths for upgrades in the future, either. Take a read at this post on toms hardware forums : http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-2297424/fm2-intel-1150.html The gist of that thread is that you would be better off with an FM2+ socket if you weren't planning on using a dedicated graphics card. It doesn't look like that because your CPU has no dedicated graphics, and you are trying to play DayZ, which is pretty impossible on any integrated graphics anyway. I would personally suggest going with an 1150 socket type or 1151 motherboard paired with an i3 processor. The price & performance should be similar if not better, and there are just more options and price tiers with intel compared to AMD. It's also a lot easier to upgrade with Intel. If you have a i3, and want to upgrade to an i5, you can literally just take out the old one and plug in the new one. Intel is a lot better about making new socket types backwards compatible. I dont have anything against AMD, even though I do personally prefer Intel, and there are no issues using an AMD CPU and an Nvidia graphics card. 

As for your GPU, it is a decent card and is compatible with DX 11, so you should have no issues playing DayZ. You won't be able to max everything out and run around with a ton of frames, but you shouldn't have much of an issue finding a nice balance of graphical eye candy and performance. 

You would benefit more from asking this same question at the toms hardware forums honestly man. Make a free account and you will have several answers by tonight, by people that work with computers regularly. Good luck!

Edited by JBURNS489

To put it simply, DayZ SA will run like shit on 0.59 stable. However, if you put it to .60 experimental then your game will run moderately well. Although, the hard part is getting INTO a .60 experimental server. lol