Sign in to follow this  
NonovUrbizniz (DayZ)

0.60 Videos, Impressions, (LOTS of Revamped Chernogorsk)

Hi, I'm Nonov Urbizniz, I worked on a DayZ derivative mod, the official mod (for a brief period) and made mods for Arma for a while... I've been kind of inactive in the last year or two.

I've been playing a TON of .60, I managed to get in fairly early, and spawned close to Chernogorsk several times. I've only UL'd one video so far, but I played an hour in daytime downtown Cherno and probably another hour or more at night. I'll UL all of the unedited video for those that want to see every bit, but I spend a fair amount of time looting and bullshitting with a friend, so they're kind of boring in full length.

I just finished condensing down 2 videos into one MUCH shorter video that has all the looting sped up, and shows most of the "money shots" of the downtown area. I'll try to get that Ul'd tonight and update the thread tomorrow. 

This set of  videos is kind of in the middle, as far as exposure to 0.60, I had gone into Cherno at night, and realized it was pretty changed, but stuck to the dock side of town where the changes are not QUITE so dramatic, so I was still entirely floored when I saw it in daylight. 

I retreat to the woods to collect my thoughts and log out towards the end of the second video, and then re-enter the town and loop through again later. I will try to get all the vids edited and up this week. 

I've got 4-5 hours of unedited video right now, but I've had a LOT of good luck as far as getting to spots that are new/changed.

Once these 2 full length and one condensed videos are up, I will edit together some of the bugs I've noticed for the devs... but I just couldn't resist focusing on the good first, there's SOOOO much of it. the render tech looks amazing, and while I'm not getting the amazing frames everyone else seems to be talking about, I've got an acceptable FPS floor in cities to where I'm not ENTIRELY helpless against zombies and other players... The feel is AMAZING, the quality of work done on the cities is ASTOUNDING, the lighting is PHENOMENAL.

Edited - Part 1 and 2 combined/condensed 

Unedited - DayZ SA 0.60 ALL NEW Chernogorsk! Part 2

Edited by NonovUrbizniz (DayZ)