SMoss

Exp Update: 0.60.+++

Though i agree that pvp seems to have taken over the game as it is right now i dont think plot progression is a good idea.  One of the best things about dayz is that the story is what you make it.  Besides once vehicles are fixed and zeds are everywhere pvp will taper off. 

When it becomes hard to survive people will work together.  Once vehicles are fixed people will work together to restore and maintain them.  Then they will work together to keep them.  Once basebuilding is in people will work together to build.  

Imo the game is going in exactly the direction it should.  I just wish they had some kind of wizard who could finish it with the wave of his hands so it could be done at a massively unrealistic speed.  

Very much looking forward to .61

• Like 1

Yeah, I have waivered back and forth on the PVP aspect....and I have to admit that the "fear" of other players is such a compelling part of the immersion and I would actually prefer servers that don't totally try to ban it.

Even the lone wolf farmers and hermits out there will see some respect because they have what you need and unless you want to go full-blast commando on their arses then trading will inevitably become part of the culture as well, methinks.

I still despise the Team-Speaking KOS clan boys but those can be weeded out easily enough on Private servers.

Having a general plot or "missions" would end up being like the Mod was...where you would just use these to gear up quicker/better and I still hold out hope that the Standalone will retain its original vision of being "whatever you want it to be"

• Like 2

I miss DayZ so much :( ...... hope all of you are doing well. I read up on these threads everyday. Keep up the good work dev's and keep up the good testing fellow survivors.  

Please continue to use my teamspeak especially for Experimental. For those of you who already do, spread the word, invite people to use it. 

ts.welcometothejungledayz.com    

• Like 5

Steam just finished a small but prompt update to DayZ this morning.  It was 2.1 MB's and I am am subscribed to the exp branch.  It didn't change anything and Vers is still the same..   But wishfull thinking on my part hopes for an update to ecperimental allowing us to play with some of the features currently in "Testing".

• Like 1

20 hours ago, trigger313th said:

Steam just finished a small but prompt update to DayZ this morning.  It was 2.1 MB's and I am am subscribed to the exp branch.  It didn't change anything and Vers is still the same..   But wishfull thinking on my part hopes for an update to ecperimental allowing us to play with some of the features currently in "Testing".

I'm so ready for .61 experimental , you don't even know ! My crew has stopped playing due to the vehicles not persisting :(.

4 hours ago, blackberrygoo said:

I'm so ready for .61 experimental , you don't even know ! My crew has stopped playing due to the vehicles not persisting :(.

Same here and after reading the Status Report about the network code changes possibly keeping vehicles out of .61 completely I doubt I'll see my old team for awhile :/

On August 31, 2016 at 11:32 AM, starvingart said:

Same here and after reading the Status Report about the network code changes possibly keeping vehicles out of .61 completely I doubt I'll see my old team for awhile :/

Ya I just read about the news of .61 possibly not having vehicles again.... Shits really rough , I thought vehicles were the one thing that was truly getting to its almost-final state :(. Oh well , here's to running around til .62 .