SMoss

Exp Update: 0.60.+++

Watch your mags, they all disappeared this morning on me. (relogged fixed all guns)

1 infected in a group of many decided to be invisible. It is very possible the infected was under the world.

Edited by sneakydude
  • Like 1

I think we should hire boneboys as Head administrator? He does get shit done HEHE

.61 FTW!

• Like 1

I wonder how close we are to patching .60 again? Or are the devs planning on moving towards .61 instead?

The hive desync issues are related to the memory reference error can not be written to. I haven't been able to check logs to see if the server is error out. I would need a local copy to test. We don't have a GSP anymore.

I'm seeing some fresh Experimental activity on SteamDB...

I wonder what's brewing?

• Like 5

13 hours ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

I'm seeing some fresh Experimental activity on SteamDB...

I wonder what's brewing?

Love, it's what's for dinner.

• Like 1

The latest SteamDB activity is in a format I have never noticed before.

Usually there is a line or 2 showing "encrypted...." before internal debug info.

This was only internal debug info with no er, prefix.

WHAT DOES IT MEEEEEAN. D:

On 2.8.2016 at 8:20 PM, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

nice but the multicar has double wheels on the rear. I hope it's not like with the truck wheels. "no possible repairing is, sir"

And more fluids to be accidently drunk when carrying....

Edited by mammut0815

And more fluids to be accidently drunk when carrying....

When the new actions are in you just have to take your finger off the button to stop an action.

Hey fellers and fella-ettes!

Are there currently any experimental servers live? The twitter dayz dev sticky tweet shows exp as being online but i have not been able to locate any active EXP servers.

Also, hype for new sound and light!!!!

Question for someone who is thinking about installing the experimental branch....

Will I lose my character that I have on the stable branch public hive if I allow Steam to install the experimental branch?

1 hour ago, trigger313th said:

Question for someone who is thinking about installing the experimental branch....

Will I lose my character that I have on the stable branch public hive if I allow Steam to install the experimental branch?

Nope, think of it like your private vs public hive characters. The exception to this is when exp build is the same as experimental build. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ebrim said:

Nope, think of it like your private vs public hive characters. The exception to this is when exp build is the same as experimental build. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks Ebrim..

So I just enabled Betas in the DayZ properties in the Steam Browser and it did not prompt steam to start the download of the experimental branch install.  Is there something more I need to do?

11 hours ago, trigger313th said:

Thanks Ebrim..

So I just enabled Betas in the DayZ properties in the Steam Browser and it did not prompt steam to start the download of the experimental branch install.  Is there something more I need to do?

I don't think there is an exp build live currently, or essentially, it is the same as the public build.

That said, I cannot locate any exp servers, so my conclusion is that we need to wait for a new update.

The next update is probably going to have new sound and possibly new light, and it should be coming in the near future.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, FlimFlamm said:

I don't think there is an exp build live currently, or essentially, it is the same as the public build.

That said, I cannot locate any exp servers, so my conclusion is that we need to wait for a new update.

The next update is probably going to have new sound and possibly new light, and it should be coming in the near future.

Thanks Flim, that makes sense.   

DYNAMIC INFECTED SPAWN

^Seriously most important.

I wanna spawn on the beach and fear the infected instantly.

GIVE

I've been playing Death Road to Canada, it's about as different a zombie game as you can get from DayZ without it being a zombie dating game.

It was fun to play over the last weekend with my brother and I managed to clear it on my own a couple times.

A quirky 2D sprite based RNG beat 'em up game, was definitely worth my $15 for the hours I've played so far.

Bonus, the soundtrack is fun, and chill, and helps tie the whole vibe of the game together nicely mixing midi sounds and 8 bit sounds.

• Like 1

Dynamic infected spawning is really the only way to make it seem like there are a shit ton of zombies without the CPU costs of actually simulating them at all times across the whole map in large numbers. While the devs want to increase the total number of simultaneously persistent (server spawned, not player spawned) infected to as great a quantity as possible, this is going to really bump up the apparent number of infected that exist. This should prove a substantial update! (still sharpening my rotor blades patiently while waiting for aircraft!)

• Like 1

I have noticed one thing that i don't know if you all seen it or not. They fixed the crosshairs :)

Sounds are amazing, looking forward to no lag, and no sound coming through bug. Most of all hopefully some of the common bugs are fixed, or a good chunk of them.

Edited by sneakydude

desert

horse

no name

*weeps softly*

So.... .61 will be released while I'm on my vacation, is that how it's going to be?

Maybe you'll get it out early enough next week that I can try it before I fly out?

Oh well, either way it will be here when I get back.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give SA .61

• Like 1

Personally I'm waiting for either helicopters (OR PLANES) and some rudimentary base building.

This game is going to explode once we get either or both of these things....

• Like 2

True Words  FlimFlamm ... 

The time make tic tac ...i  hope many players come back, the competition is not sleeping

IMHO...

What the Devs need to do is create some mechanics where it brings players together to work against the Apocalypse, and stop "ALL" the player from killing each other in nothing more than a plotless PVP deathmatch.  Sure, there will still be Bandits, but a common goal amongst player would really tie things in.

Maybe bring back the chance of player infection through Zeds contact or bleeding..   Create a mechanic where Bases are needed to bring players together to create and maintain infrastructure to initialize and continue medical research to try and find a cure for "The Infection"  and save the world...  LOL, or just that server.

Make one of the requirements to start and continue research as...   The need to find certain Zeds that have a particular rare form of the infection and do medical tests on them requiring players to take both dead and later alive specimens back to a player created functioning medical facility.  Successful tests result in possibly successful research towards an infection cure.  A cure, once found can be time consuming and resource consuming to make, but valuable since it can cure players from the "Infection" and help clear towns of zombies over time for very easy looting of needed resources to continue the cycle.

Just wanted to express my idea I had after a fresh week of playing DayZ for the first time.   I'm sure I'm not the first with this idea, as it seems like a natural progression for the game plotline.

Edited by trigger313th
  • Like 2