SMoss

Exp Update: 0.60.+++

3 hours ago, odin_lowe said:

May I ask what 960 you got? As there's 145 different results for Nvidia 960 GTX where I shop. (ASUS, Gigabyte, EVGA, MSI, Zotac, Sapphire, Diamond, HP,  Lenovo, etc.) 

I got this one, but a few months after I installed it, VR became popular and feasible.  The 960 is just on the not supported side of the spectrum.  This means I will probably have to buy a new card this year or next to keep current with new options.  For another 50 or 70 dollars, I could have gotten a 970 and been capable to use newer display technologies.

Maybe you have different values or needs.  I just know that I regret not buying at least barely ahead of the new tech milestone.

• Like 1

Super excited for .61. Hope it vomes soon.  But can wait as this patch is amazing.  Great testing with u guys.  Hope that compas bug was a one time thing but will see.  See you all in stable!

Bad aim or lag? Kinda new to dayz coming from arma 3 which this would have been an easy kill. I slowed down the video and it looks like im right on the guy but bullet lags behind him and hits the tents?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, coryh4225 said:

Bad aim or lag? Kinda new to dayz coming from arma 3 which this would have been an easy kill. I slowed down the video and it looks like im right on the guy but bullet lags behind him and hits the tents?

What kind of fps do u get with the gtx 1080? :)

Played last night and was having a good time. Tracked down and killed a chicken with my machete. Night fell and I took shelter in a remote cabin. I decided to build a fire and cook my chicken. I set about divesting myself of various items and then headed out into the dark to chop some firewood and then POW POW POW . I don't even see my attacker or his muzzle flashes. I was able to run 15-20 m then fall unconscious. I wait to see if he might somehow or ever have a change of heart and bandage me or at least put me out of my waiting misery but no. After mins. of being unconscious I die. So here I am this evening, ready to start again.

Think exp will still be live tomorrow night?  Would love to burn up the loot i have now but cant get on tonight.  

Oh and if anyone on here wants to meet up on stable at all feel free to pm me.  Hoping to get on for a few good hours tomorrow night.

• Like 1

This picture fails, on every level, to show just how ominous this sky looked just after sunset.  I was expecting vampires, ghouls and werewolves for Pete's sake.

103E2DCA7F18EDB440BCC0369624DA9C9AF97161

• Like 7

Playing on my kids account, still holding everything he's had since mid .6 and still stuck in a rock.

Any ideas what this update fixed?

10 hours ago, SMoss said:

*snip*

As I'm sure most of you already know - 0.60 build was moved to Stable branch last week during E3. It is but one step towards 1.0, but one that we were all excited to get into your hands. While the build has been enjoyed by over 400,000 people since hitting stable branch, we've been keeping our eye on issues present on the build - and have been working towards a hotfix for the most critical issues, while also moving forward on 0.61. Current top issues for a hotfix are:

- AI Related Server Crash
- Container Lifetime Refresh Issue
- Known Duplication Methods
- Vehicle Location/Position Persistence

*snip*

From the status report I'm guessing these things?

1 hour ago, barnabus said:

Any ideas what this update fixed?

Edited by BCBasher
  • Like 1

What's all this .60+++ business?

Is that like Chernarus+++?

Do want .61 with new bits for to die upon.

Do want.

• Like 2

On 15.6.2016 at 1:21 AM, coryh4225 said:

Love these kinda videos, they remind me why I play on 1pp Servers. :P

But yes, you are right, you seem to be right on with the sights.

• Like 3

Had a decent few hours of play tonight. Saw one or two people but no fire fights. My character went from Hyperthermic to Overheating I believe was the status I saw. My have been very hot. But I then went right back to Hyperthermic because I wouldnt stop running. Have noticed a great increase in thirst with this status. 

It seems that on servers with maybe 1-5 players on them the loot and zombie spawns are lower. May be just my imagination. But seems like on higher populated or even on stable servers before this patch the loot was everywhere.. Not sure which I prefer. But it has taken me atleast 8 actual hours of play time to fill a double stanag clip for my M4. 

I have found it almost impossible to repair a vehicle by myself. As a result I have yet to drive any of the new vehicles. This could be a lack of motivation but also has alot to do with my hoarding of various items and me not wanting to part with enough to fit the proper tools in my inventory.

I would love to meet up with some of the regular posters on here and have a friend to play with. Even if only for a few hours. I did run into some really cool guys the other night.. Wobble I think was one. I cant recall the others name. But we talked and looted for 30 or so minutes before they had to go.If you guys happen to read this hit me up. Or anyone for that matter who is looking to play one night.

4 hours ago, VVarhead said:

Love these kinda videos, they remind me why I play on 1pp Servers. :P

Meh, I play both, seems that 3pp has the added benefit of "peripheral vision" whereas 1 pp does not, especially when driving.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, barnabus said:

Meh, I play both, seems that 3pp has the added benefit of "peripheral vision" whereas 1 pp does not, especially when driving.

Agreed.  Wish they'd open up the field of view on 1PP - it's like my guy is wearing blinders on his head - total tunnel vision.  And, as you mention, driving a car while wearing Cone Collar is just dumb.

• Like 3

I played an hour+ on NE 01 and then about 30 mins on SC 01.   Servers seemed stable for me and the client was stable too (I had some CTD's on the earlier iteration). The Experimental servers have been pretty empty lately but I did manage to get myself sniped in Gorka police station, so there's still some uh ...brief interaction.

Ive been spending my days on SC01 and whatever the US 1PP EXP server is (i) finding a barrel, (ii) putting it in Kabanino at Stoarge Shed (B) up by where the Offroader spawns in, and (iii) filling it with tire repair kits, tire irons, batteries and spark plugs.  So, if you're in that area on either of those servers, it usually doesn't take long to find the tires and get the vehicle running - unless someone beat you to it.

Edited by Thurman Merman
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, boneboys said:

The Dr is IN...

Version 0.60.133665

Server Crashes.

One... step.... closer... to....61.

Oooooom.

• Like 1

On 15/06/2016 at 7:21 PM, coryh4225 said:

Yes, the M4 is not aligned correctly when using hip fire, you need to aim down the sight.

Compare shots using a red dot. You can clearly see that the barrel isn't aligned with the current hip fire "crosshair".

20pplpz.jpg

Loving the game so far. Played the last three nights in a row and everything working fine. Yesterday I logged in to a torrential downpour. Couldn't see anything outside of a 100m radius (guessing at that). Frames were down to mid 30' but graphics were cool. Every time I put on my raincoat I got the heating up message so I had to move slowly. One thing I noticed is that during the first part of the session using the mouse to select something off the hot bar dropped me into the desktop. The game was still running fine and I could mouse click my way back in. I did this three or four times to verify. Later in the session the mouse click to the hot bar worked as previously but Ididn't really need it as the key press hot bar thing was smooth throughout. I don't know how many other players were on but I stopped in the middle of a field and grew some pumpkins...just enough to keep me going.

I have a request.

When these small post stable updates come through, could you guys (Bohemia Interactive staff and/or mods) please tell us what this update aims to fix so we know where to focus our attention? 

• Like 7