SMoss

Exp Update: 0.60.+++

3 hours ago, barnabus said:

Emptied my tent and tried to pack it in anticipation of an update but it would not pack.  There was nothing in it and I made sure that everything I took out was moved well away.  I packed all the extra crap in a spare hunters ruck I had handy.  I put the ruck under a tree and two hours later, it was still there.  Still couldn't pack my tent though.  Oh well, I am off for the night,

If you can't pack it, either let someone else try or punch the tent walls. The tent menus seem to get stuck, too so it's similar to punching house walls. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ori42 said:

Yeah I agree, there are some issues with that building and some are exploiting it, unfortunately.  And in my opinion it`s easier is to remove the building from the map completely and add some green tents in the location instead - so the tower at green mountain get some loot as well. :)

Is it the command/old prison building?  I was surprised to see they put a few out at Tisy.  I thought that building was scheduled for extinction.

• Like 1

I have now been through every town and base on the map in .60 EXCEPT Pusta, Mogilevka, Vyshnoya, Shakhovka, Guglovo, Nadez, Dubky, Novoselky, Kozlovka,Drozhino, Green Mountain, Bashnya, Gvozdno and Skalisty (and the debug island far to the SE).  In addition, I bet I have hit close to half of the hunting stands/feedshacks on the map and explored around a dozen unlooted helicrashes.  

I have seen ONE box of .308, 3 boxes of Mosin ammo, several boxes of  AK ammo (and many mags) - both types, one 1911 mag, no umps or mags, no AK101s (but have seen a couple of mags), No SVD (or mags), No Vintorez (or mags), no Longhorn (I don't think).

Plenty of shotguns, Blazes (but of course no ammo), .22 guns, .357s, a few carbines (although only one mag I think).  A very odd distribution of weapons, ammo, mags.  I'd like to see a little more of the guns and ammo for the lower - mid - hunting tier (pistols of all stripe, Mosin, Blaze, etc.), less of the full auto, and far fewer scopes.  I know its just an EXP build, just thinking outloud.

ETA:  Also, no plate carriers or attachments.  Odd.  Also can't remember if I have seen a P1 mag.  And pretty sure I have only seen two CR75 mags.

ETAx2:  Also, no wildlife other than chickens.  (Have now seen deer) Has anyone seen anything else?

Edited by Thurman Merman

19 minutes ago, Thurman Merman said:

Is it the command/old prison building?  I was surprised to see they put a few out at Tisy.  I thought that building was scheduled for extinction.

iirc they only removed the loot from it temporarily and they are supposed to reintroduce the loot when the new player controller is in.  

Someone will correct me if I'm wrong but I thought that the new player controller was supposed to "fix" the glitched building bug globally (or make the controller somehow incompatible with wall glitching)

I suppose that would explain why they haven't invested any time/energy into fixing the prison building or any of the other glitched buildings.

• Like 5

12 hours ago, odin_lowe said:

An old Nvidia GTX670 

It was due to die eventually anyway. Just bad timing. Can still use the system with the inboard and access internet at least.

While i was waiting for my 970 to ship I played dayz in the low .50s patch time and managed to get 20ish fps with the onboard in my I7 4770k . Kinda curious now to see how the fps (may) have improved since new renderer........

1 hour ago, Thurman Merman said:

IETAx2:  Also, no wildlife other than chickens.  Has anyone seen anything else?

nope, nothing else seen here, but calling chickens wildlife is quite a stretch ;)

Great gaming sesh last night.  Met up with a buddy on east coast and looted our way west.  May have found a pretty gamebreaking bug.  Was holding a compas when server restarted an when i logged back in i had lost all clothes my backpack and the contents of all.  Still had all rifle and bat and the compass in hand.  Anyone else experience this issue?  

Wasnt a very big deal as found new clothes in hunting stand almost immediately and found a new backpack later on when we made it to nwaf.  Looted all of nwaf and found several mags and lots of ammo but only a sporter a scorpion and a mosin.  Kept mosin which now has pristine pu scope and compensator.  Finally after several times being killed on sight i had a friendly encounter in the tents.  Both of us had fun in hand with ammo but neither of us raised our weapon.  The three of us hung out in the tents till we heard shots and then me and my buddy bid him farewell and continued out west side of airfield.  Am now carrying pretty good gear but am overheating cuz of gorkas.  

Think the heat factor is a bit much.  Have done little to no sprinting at all and am fully hydrated.  Im sure my clothes woul be warm but i should be able to take off my jacket for a few mins and be fine its not like im beside a fire on a hot day in a parka running in circles.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tatanko said:

Dead serious: PM me your address and I'll ship you my 1GB GTX 750Ti. It's not great, but it's better than nothing (and barely used!), and it's free :)

Thanks a lot buddy, but I couldn't wait and already ordered a replacement yesterday. An ASUS Nvidia Strix 960GTX 4gb, not the best, but for the price it'll last me long enough. If it lasts as long as the one that just died, I'll be happy.

I really appreciate it though. Thanks Tatanko!

• Like 1

Back on topic. 2 days ago, before my gpu went down, I played for about 45 mins. I met another friendly German in Cherno. I've met many non-hostile fellas in my travels, but most friendly players I met were Germans for some reason. 

Anyway, I didn't have an issues or bugs. It was a normal day at the DayZ. 

Oh, I asked him if he was willing to trade his beige baseball cap for my black one, and he did so without hesitation. It's only a baseball cap, but it's one of my favorite items in the game, since day 1.   ;)

260bb76.jpg

Moon on the ocean's horizon in Cherno.

11qgzf8.jpg

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Noctoras said:

nope, nothing else seen here, but calling chickens wildlife is quite a stretch ;)

I just saw a bunch of deer N or Zelno.

18 minutes ago, odin_lowe said:

Thanks a lot buddy, but I couldn't wait and already ordered a replacement yesterday. An ASUS Nvidia Strix 960GTX 4gb, not the best, but for the price it'll last me long enough. If it lasts as long as the one that just died, I'll be happy.

Glad you're all sorted! A 960 is a lot better than a 750Ti :)

• Like 2

So, I got bored today and started a new run with my 1PP guy.  I actually put his AKM, vest and boots with knife in a barrel in a shed in Topolniki before blowing his brains out in the middle of the road.  Spawned between Elektro and Cherno.  Almost starved to death as I couldn't find any food in Cherno.  BUT, I did find a box of pristine .308.   Then found a Blaze in Nadez.  Ran a helicopter route around Green Mt. and down through Zelno.  

Saw a couple of people in the Military base, so I opened my mic and started playing, America, Fuck Yeah! over it.  I would have shot me just for that!  They just stood there and laughed as I zig zagged through the base and then out the side. Then, I saw a helicrash to the SW.  Ran over that way and someone took a couple of shots at me.  Zig zagged in the open, spamming the same song over my mic for about 5 minutes until I overheated, trying to figure out where he was.  Then, as I was getting bored, ran to the green house at 022 100 planning to log out.  

Ran in the front door, closed it behind me, turned off my mic, opened the second door and BAMBAMBAMBAMBAMBAMBAM!!!!!  That SOB was in that house!  I bet he was wondering how in the hell I figured out where he was.  Luckily, I bet he shot me around 7-10 times with soem full auto - sounded like an M4, but not sure - so pretty sure he got nothing of value.  :D  Good times!

• Like 3

This is the end, Devs says goes to stable tonight. I really enjoyed 0.60, Thanks for all!

• Like 3

As usual, it's been real everyone. I'm sure we'll be back here soon enough for hotfix testing or maybe even 0.61, but until then, I hope I see you guys on Stable :)

• Like 3

New installation to me, looks like a radio station.  Not far from Gorka.

DC586E962DC66DF5CA64C8BAC78401113D610F68

• Like 2

6 hours ago, ori42 said:

Yeah I agree, there are some issues with that building and some are exploiting it, unfortunately.  And in my opinion it`s easier is to remove the building from the map completely and add some green tents in the location instead - so the tower at green mountain get some loot as well. :)

They were exploiting the un-enterable barracks, and the orange brick archway house.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, odin_lowe said:

Stop your order!!!  I bought a 960 last year and regretted it ever since.  They are not VR ready.  It's just a price point card with good numbers.  If I had to do it again, I'd have gotten a 970 ot better.

25 minutes ago, emuthreat said:

Stop your order!!!  I bought a 960 last year and regretted it ever since.  They are not VR ready.  It's just a price point card with good numbers.  If I had to do it again, I'd have gotten a 970 ot better.

VR as in Virtual Reality? Those headset/goggles/screen-in-your-eyes thing? If I was 10 years younger, maybe, but personally after testing Occulus Rift and other tech of the sort, I hate it. I couldn't care less...

I'm in Canada, and my old 670GTX was 449$ back in the days. No US dollars applies here, and with the economy as it is, we pay the price... The basic 970 (There was 81 choices of 970 and 78 different 670 in stock...) was 560$, so it was a big no-no for me.

At 300$, the Strix was the most affordable, and renown card in the 1200mhz and 4gb mem. I'm not taking less than 4gb, as my old GTX670 was already 2gb, and lasted 4 years, so after checking a few dozens of card yesterday, and checking reviews thoroughly, I settled for the best quality/price card I could find.

May I ask what 960 you got? As there's 145 different results for Nvidia 960 GTX where I shop. (ASUS, Gigabyte, EVGA, MSI, Zotac, Sapphire, Diamond, HP,  Lenovo, etc.) 

• Like 1

It was a great test run for sure - looking forward to 0.61. :)

• Like 1

Well damn, lost a monitor and came home to cap cancer finally taking out my mobo last week. It's replacement will be finished  windows updates this evening in time for exp to be done.

Looking forward to .61 already I guess. 

Edited by BCBasher