SMoss

Exp Update: 0.60.+++

19 minutes ago, koffeekage said:

i want to know if we will be able to climb fences like the infected.

hehe, yeah it`s fun to watch. :)

28 minutes ago, koffeekage said:

i want to know if we will be able to climb fences like the infected.

Or leap over car hoods! That would really come handy in cqc. I'm curious what the new character controller will bring. I think we will be quite amazed. 

Edited by S3V3N
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Luc Tonnerre said:

Yo, we (IMT and me) just came from the NWAF. Before that we stalked 5 guys from a Stary heli crash towards Old Fields crashsite. Then we lost sight and backed up to Grishino. After spending some time in a building overlooking the town, IMT decided to show balls and run straight to the NWAF tents. Our plan was that one would stay in the pillbox while the other would yolo it and loot one row of the tents and come back so the other can do the next row. It all went pretty smooth, no encounters at  all. After that IMT wanted to yolo it over the tar carpet and decided that it would be awesome to cut it to the right towards the officer barrack next to the civilian hangars.

We've made it out of there alive and logged off in Lopatino.

We've found no loot at all and the tension was almost unbearable but it was better than having an actual gunfight which we would have lost anyway due to non-existent tactical considerations during our whole session :D

Be warned: One of these days yolo-IMT will get us all killed for sure

I think you were tired yesterday then because all of those things were your plans ghehe.

Edit: UK 0-5 just got manually stopped, possible update?

Edited by IMT
  • Like 2

Just now, ori42 said:

New patch this evening - so few servers online now?

Looks like it.

15 hours ago, Luc Tonnerre said:

Yo, we (IMT and me) just came from the NWAF. Before that we stalked 5 guys from a Stary heli crash towards Old Fields crashsite. Then we lost sight and backed up to Grishino. After spending some time in a building overlooking the town, IMT decided to show balls and run straight to the NWAF tents. Our plan was that one would stay in the pillbox while the other would yolo it and loot one row of the tents and come back so the other can do the next row. It all went pretty smooth, no encounters at  all. After that IMT wanted to yolo it over the tar carpet and decided that it would be awesome to cut it to the right towards the officer barrack next to the civilian hangars.

We've made it out of there alive and logged off in Lopatino.

We've found no loot at all and the tension was almost unbearable but it was better than having an actual gunfight which we would have lost anyway due to non-existent tactical considerations during our whole session :D

Be warned: One of these days yolo-IMT will get us all killed for sure

I like IMT's style.  I was yoloing this morning, to no good effect.  Made it to NWAF twice and got killed each time (neither time did I have anything of value on me - once I was merely skipping down the tarmac killing Infected with my hammer).  Another, I died running down police station stairs (and only a few minutes before found a pristine box of .308).  

Obviously, the natives were restless with .59, because I have never seen so much KoS in EXP (I had to kill 2 people who wouldn't stop chasing me [yet I was armed and they weren't]) - I'm guessing 90% of the people I talk to open fire - better just to hide in the tree line with my Carbine and 2 rounds waiting for everyone to leave.  :D

Also, love all the map changes - I don't like to read status reports or change logs (I like to be surprised with a new build), so while I knew Cherno was changed, didn't realize so many other areas had been retouched.

• Like 2

Servers are back up again, have fun! :)

• Like 1

There were some guys who were complaining in twitch earlier with too few items in military locations - maybe they reset the loot table?

Edited by ori42
  • Like 2

36 minutes ago, ori42 said:

There were some guys who were complaining in twitch earlier with too few items in military locations - maybe they reset the loot table?

• Like 5

1 hour ago, ori42 said:

I just ran through NWAF right after the servers came up.  Saw several military packs and vests.  An AKM, AK74S, an FNX, some AK74 ammo, some AKM ammo, plenty of .45 ACP, a few scopes.  Could have been better, but figure it's just a high traffic area.

• Like 1

That feeling when....

You run from berezino to nwaf only to not think about scouting from bushes and get shot as soon as you set foot by tents.   

Haha one day i will learn.  

• Like 4

5 hours ago, ori42 said:

Sort of unfortunate, that THESE are the complaints which are listened to it before all others. Not going to go down the "vocal minority" route and leave this to others, but the "more guns" attitude displayed ever so often by the game development actually makes your assumption pretty reasonable. 

Survival for me means that not every freshspawns runs around with guns+ammo within 20 minutes, but well. Before I do the "broken record" thing too often, I am jumping out again as well.

Btw. I am back from cuba. The real car mechanics live there. Actually our bus broke down somewhere in nowhere and the two drivers just took off there shirts, motor kept running and a minute later you heard hammering from under the bus. Luckily Cuba is not DayZ, so the drivers did not require 73 guns to defend themselves :P 
That said, the Cuban loot table should contain more beer. The whole town of Vinales did not have any beer for 3 days straight.

Will finally play again tomorrow, wonder what happened in the last two weeks to 0.60.

Regards

Your Vocal Minority

Edited by Noctoras
  • Like 8

10 minutes ago, Noctoras said:

The whole town of Vinales did not have any beer for 3 days straight.

That is game-breaking.  I would file a bug report immediately.

Welcome back!

• Like 6

Ah shite.  Finally broke down and updated to win 10.  Everyone says is better and got tired of the "reminders".  First thought was that not much changed.  Then i found what changed.  Dayz wont run! Files verified next step is reinstall.  Terrified... just terrified... no other game will do.  

Wow spoke too soon.  As i was typing that my display drivers finished updating and now it runs perfect.  Thank god.  

And welcome back noctoras i hope your trip was funkin awesome!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, FunkInYourTrunk said:

Haha one day i will learn.  

No, you won't, I promise :p

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, FunkInYourTrunk said:

Ah shite.  Finally broke down and updated to win 10.  Everyone says is better and got tired of the "reminders".  First thought was that not much changed.  Then i found what changed.  Dayz wont run! Files verified next step is reinstall.  Terrified... just terrified... no other game will do.  

Wow spoke too soon.  As i was typing that my display drivers finished updating and now it runs perfect.  Thank god.  

And welcome back noctoras i hope your trip was funkin awesome!

I've had no problem with DayZ on Win10.  BUTTTTT....many other steam games seem to crash the CPU after a long bout of play with the WHEA_UNCORECTABLE_ERROR.  Very annoying.

• Like 1

Server crashed while looting a Helicopter crash site

I was transitioning from Severograd to Gorka when I stumbled across a luck find. A Russian Heli in the field east of Devils Castle. I’ve never seen a crash in this spot even though I know it’s a designated spawn point.  I was in the process of looting the crash when the server suddenly went down. I re-logged as soon as I could and once back in the game the Heli had vanished but all its loot remained on the ground. An added bonus; all the gear I had picked up before the server went down had duplicated allowing me to loot it a second time. I manage to get some 1911 mags and a couple Eastern suppressors and even an AK, which I later dropped due to lack of ammo. It was an interesting event so I thought I’d share.

Warning:  It was night time and I used the “Shadow Time” recall feature from the Shadowplay software to capture the video but if your familiar with this program you know how poorly it handles low light situations.  I tried to brighten it with Sony Vegas but I have very little experience with the software so the video turned out like crap.  Even though it’s a shitty video I wanted to provide proof of the experience so I added it here.

• Like 1

Rats, Killed at Myshkino tents.  Good point is the guy unloaded an AK mag into me and most likely ruined everything I had.   Making my way back to the area found a tent at Pavolvo base set it up in some pines outside Zelen and stashed all my valuable stuff in it before going on to Zeln base and the rest of the town.    Looking around Zelengorsk for a Helicrash I get wasted, in a barn, by a dude with an AK, another guy unloading a mag on me.  LOL, So funny since he most likely used up all his ammo and ruined all the nothing I had found to that point (an empty AKM mag and an FNX mag.   Sigh, time for lunch. 

1 hour ago, Luc Tonnerre said:

No, you won't, I promise :p

Ah... so true....so true.... 

Is ok though.  Traveling across map is one of my favorite activities and sometimes restarting is a reward in itself.

• Like 3

nice nice, .61 will have the first raptors inside (wolfs) hicks said on E3

• Like 3

For anyone keeping track, this brings us to about the 15th normal build for 0.60 Experimental, with an additional 10 strictly for login testing making a total of 25. Here's where that falls in relation to other recent releases before their initial move to the Stable branch:

0.60: 15 builds
0.59: 15 builds
0.58: 13 builds
0.56/0.57: 12 builds

• Like 13

I really haven't played for many months and I've forgotten many of the little quirks, so before I reported what I think is a bug I want to make sure it isn't something that has been going on for sometime. 

After catching my breath I noticed a lot of gun sway about 20 minutes after getting shot, I shot a stick a morphine and it went away. So apparently I had a damaged limb without an indicator, is this known? I thought I remember this being a thing, but I didn't see anything in the forum history.

The only thing that was damaged was my  coat and the contents, which suggests that  I indeed was hit in the upper part of the body (arms).

Edited by Lorax

37 minutes ago, Lorax said:

I really haven't played for many months and I've forgotten many of the little quirks, so before I reported what I think is a bug I want to make sure it isn't something that has been going on for sometime. 

After catching my breath I noticed a lot of gun sway about 20 minutes after getting shot, I shot a stick a morphine and it went away. So apparently I had a damaged limb without an indicator, is this known? I thought I remember this being a thing, but I didn't see anything in the forum history.

The only thing that was damaged was my  coat and the contents, which suggests that  I indeed was hit in the upper part of the body (arms).

Yeah there is occasional errors in limb notifications. When in doubt morphine/splint and you will be golden.

• Like 2

Sorry for the poor quality photo, didn't have time to adjust:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=703653529703653529

Here's the story:

Spawned near Cherno.  Found some brass knuckles.  Got attacked near Balota:  Brass Knuckes 1, Glock 0.  Ran along the coast.  Used Brass Knuckles again, got a shotgun.  Swam to PI, huge waste of time.  Ran up through Zelno (empty, but scored a good backpack in the military base).  Went up to Myshinko base.  Saw a guy and said, "Hey, Buddy" - I did not have a gun in my hand.  He opened fire.  I got the luckiest Glock headshot ever - on the run, drifting sideways; couldn't do it again in a 10000 tries.  Imagine my good luck when I see he has an M4 with pristine RDS, about 20 rounds in the mag.  Chuckling at my own good fortune, looting his corpse, as someone else (his friends?) opens fire.  I start running South before I can finish looting his corpse, the quonset is coming up on my right when another guy runs out of the tents on the left with a gun.  I choked and ran . . . INTO the Quonset . . . AND NEGLECTED TO CLOSE THE DOOR IN MY PANIC!!  

My pursuers wisely sat outside as around 20 Infected followed me in.  I shot so many I couldn't move forward.  But, finally, they couldn't move back to me.  So....

I just laid down with Glock in hand.  Infected milling near the door.  I guess the guys outside assumed I was dead.  They approached the door far too casually.  Got the first 2.  I could hear the third running around (was afraid he'd just shoot thru the walls - are they bulletproof?).  

Server restart.  True to form, I decided to join the same server (or so I thought).  Join in, inside hut, door closed (same server or not, I wasn't sure - no dead bodies, but the restart probably would have done that, right?).  Hear feet running around.  Door opens.  I had to shoot the guy, right?  Kind of felt bad about it.  Told him I was sorry over the mic and explained the situation.  Hope he was listening.

TL;DR - lots of Infected milling around is great!

P.S.  Is it just me or are Brass Knuckles severely OP?  I think I get one shot kills (or at least knockouts) with them around 65% of the time.  A distant second is an Ice Axe.  Until I get a very fast gun (like a 9mm, 1911 or assault rifle), I almost never bother with anything else up close.

Edited by Thurman Merman
  • Like 7