SMoss

Exp Update: 0.60.+++

Just now, -Gews- said:

9mm? It's alright for a parlor pistol, popping balloons, that sort of thing, but inappropriate for combat use.

In the words of the great Jeff Cooper, "the 9mm Parabellum pistol cartridge simply will not do for serious work."

A 9mm round will kill you deader than dead. Especially when it hits your head and your armor consists of a boonie hat. 

19 minutes ago, Rags! said:

A 9mm round will kill you deader than dead. Especially when it hits your head and your armor consists of a boonie hat. 

David Rice told gardai he was shot with a pellet gun. But on examination it was found he was hit by 9mm bullets. Rice told fire brigade personnel he was not badly hurt and did not require hospital treatment. However, he then began to feel unwell and was taken to Connolly Memorial Hospital in Blanchardstown where he was examined by doctors. They established that he had been hit by a 9mm bullet in the rear of the head but it did not penetrate his skull.

But seriously: should have added "/s" to my previous post.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, -Gews- said:

David Rice told gardai he was shot with a pellet gun. But on examination it was found he was hit by 9mm bullets. Rice told fire brigade personnel he was not badly hurt and did not require hospital treatment. However, he then began to feel unwell and was taken to Connolly Memorial Hospital in Blanchardstown where he was examined by doctors. They established that he had been hit by a 9mm bullet in the rear of the head but it did not penetrate his skull.

But seriously: should have added "/s" to my previous post.

jfSlgh5.png?1

1 minute ago, Rags! said:

jfSlgh5.png?1

Looking back, I should also have made my "/s" larger and brighter. 

Seriously: doubt this is intended behaviour. Most of the ammunition stats have not been changed since 0.34.

This is relevant (@ 55 seconds).

• Like 5

arent they going to import the ARMA 3 weapons physics? Will the new player controller mean new hitboxes?

8 hours ago, emuthreat said:

I have Pristine Purple and Yellow Smoke Grenades if anyone wants them.  They are on my 3pp.

Hold onto those! I'd love to take them off your hands later today when I'm home from work. 

I did manage to find a green smoke grenade last night, so there's finally some photo proof of them :p Of course I had to have some fun with it:

Spoiler

9Y2W3y9h.jpg
Rl12SbIh.jpg
8Ly3KEQh.jpg
KmmwQhDh.jpg

Edited by Tatanko
  • Like 11

3 hours ago, Tatanko said:

Hold onto those! I'd love to take them off your hands later today when I'm home from work. 

Good luck with that.  I'm pretty sure I saw emuthreat run around NWAF tents with a lit purple flare after running back to his corpse.  >.<

I do have a purple and a yellow for you.  However, it's on 1pp.

13 hours ago, Rammit (DayZ) said:

-snip-

...find some way to keep the brightness/gamma from being abused at night... If they could... I might actually enjoy the nights :)

Totally agree! It would be great if the nights had a real effect on gameplay. Unfortunately with gaming monitors being a thing, all that locking the gamma in-game would do is give some people a HUGE advantage at night. Wish there was a fix for this but not sure there's really anything they can do. :(

• Like 4

wow, cold status - I worked really hard to get that, and I`m already back to normal with a brief sprint. :)

2eqf6mg.jpg

• Like 2

I wonder when this will be pushed to stable ... It seems very stable besides te vehicle Desync , and apart from that im so excited for .61!!!

• Like 5

10 hours ago, Tatanko said:

I did manage to find a green smoke grenade last night, so there's finally some photo proof of them :p Of course I had to have some fun with it:

Hidden Content

My man Tatanko what kind of uniform is that? And helmet?

Looks awesome!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Parazight said:

Good luck with that.  I'm pretty sure I saw emuthreat run around NWAF tents with a lit purple flare after running back to his corpse.  >.<

I do have a purple and a yellow for you.  However, it's on 1pp.

I logged back in today, and was surprised to have found my character alive and well to the north of the airfield with a fully loaded M4, a longhorn and a gas mask.  But sadly, I was unable to maintain custody of the purple smoke grenade.  I must have heard Leroy Jenkins calling out to me.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, VVarhead said:

Looks awesome!I

Correct me, if I'm wrong, I think he's wearing the following:

-Black Cargo Pants
-Black Tactical Shirt
-Black Motocross Helmet (without Upper and Lower)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, emuthreat said:

I logged back in today, and was surprised to have found my character alive and well to the north of the airfield with a fully loaded M4, a longhorn and a gas mask.  But sadly, I was unable to maintain custody of the purple smoke grenade.  I must have heard Leroy Jenkins calling out to me.

Yo, we (IMT and me) just came from the NWAF. Before that we stalked 5 guys from a Stary heli crash towards Old Fields crashsite. Then we lost sight and backed up to Grishino. After spending some time in a building overlooking the town, IMT decided to show balls and run straight to the NWAF tents. Our plan was that one would stay in the pillbox while the other would yolo it and loot one row of the tents and come back so the other can do the next row. It all went pretty smooth, no encounters at  all. After that IMT wanted to yolo it over the tar carpet and decided that it would be awesome to cut it to the right towards the officer barrack next to the civilian hangars.

We've made it out of there alive and logged off in Lopatino.

We've found no loot at all and the tension was almost unbearable but it was better than having an actual gunfight which we would have lost anyway due to non-existent tactical considerations during our whole session :D

Be warned: One of these days yolo-IMT will get us all killed for sure

Edited by Luc Tonnerre
  • Like 4

That was all on my 3pp character.   I kept my 1pp guy safely logged off near Novy while I drank too much beer and got crazy all over the western danger corridor.  One guy in the crew got 19 kills total yesterday.  We straight-up owned Myshkino for an hour.

@Girth Brooks  That sedan disappeared about 6 hours ago.  Traveler said it was still there this morning, but when I logged to check, it was gone.

• Like 3

I was surprised to see that lightning strikes also happens in the menu. I had to take a video (shadowplay) and then take a screenshot of that, then modify the brightness, so in the end it looks wonky. But I'll use fraps next time, as there's no brightness problems.

20qozo.jpg

• Like 4

5 hours ago, VVarhead said:

Looks awesome!

2 hours ago, shinjuru said:

Correct me, if I'm wrong, I think he's wearing the following:

-Black Cargo Pants
-Black Tactical Shirt
-Black Motocross Helmet (without Upper and Lower)

Shinjuru is correct. Also:

-Black UK Assault Vest
-Black Assault Backpack
-Black Skull Balaclava

My friend said he didn't set out to gather a black outfit, "It just happened that way." Sure :p

• Like 1

Swam out to the prison Island on a foggy, rainy day.  That can be a challenge because you get to a point where you can't see land anymore and you still can't see the Island.  I figure if you get distracted or bump your mouse you'll get lost and have to tread water until you starve or the weather clears up.   It wasn't worth the trip.  Small, fairly worthless lootsposion up in the third floor storage closet.  Found two CR75 mags, finally lost my hot/overheating status AND I wore my pants while doing it.  Went by Kemenka and found a NATO crash site, haven't seen one there in a long, long while.  Found a Mi8 crash on the west side of Zelengorsk, out there by the cow barn on the way to Mishkino tents. 

Watched a dude looting Miskino tents.  I think he may have seen me.  He was acting all stealthy and kept looking up into the woods with some sort of scoped weapon not where I was but in my general direction, he may have been trying to flank me.  I could have nailed him, but did not wish too.  Then, I am prone, scotching back under a pine tree when POP POP!!  I have a fucking accidental discharge, a noncontrolled pair if you will.  FUCKING HELL!    I popped a yellow smoke and ran a terrain feature away.    Holy Mother of God.  I need to give myself NJP now for wasting 2 rounds of 5.56mm. 

Are zeds respawning out at Miskino tents or any where else for that matter?  Doesn't seem like they are.   I was at Pavlovo base too and there weren't any around there either.

Edited by barnabus
  • Like 2

37 minutes ago, barnabus said:

finally lost my hot/overheating status AND I wore my pants while doing it.

Bragging that you ARE wearing pants?  That's basically the opposite of bragging.

Kudos on the achievement though.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, blackberrygoo said:

I wonder when this will be pushed to stable ... It seems very stable besides te vehicle Desync , and apart from that im so excited for .61!!!

I predict end of June or beginning of July. (Totally serious btw) :D

Edited by DJ SGTHornet

I would very much like to see this on stable this week! Why wait for the end of June when the bigger problems cannot be fixed now anyway? I mean, we'll see no improvement to vehicles or the character controller. And the other things are working well enough. So why am I still hearing this could take weeks to stable. I want to make camps and start playing oldschool again. I don't like running around like an armory all the time. I need a camp :)

Edited by S3V3N
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, blackberrygoo said:

Someone asked Eugen about the vehicle desync on twitter and he said it wont be fixed in 0.60