SMoss

Exp Update: 0.60.+++

13 minutes ago, VVarhead said:

I've found several green smoke grenades, at NATO crash sites and in barracks.

For real? Awesome! I went looking last night but only ever came across two Russian heli crashes. I'll give it a more thorough look tonight.

It's my goal to collect all the colors (red, yellow, green, purple...maybe black and white) and do a "color run" with them :)

12 hours ago, rodneyr said:

oh you of severely limited comprehension, as I mentioned my game issue was whether or not (typed) chat was currently working.

OT:  By the way, I have lived for almost 66 yrs. in Tx in several cities while working as a roofer, framer, warehouse mgr., database programmer, field line digger, security guard, and even file clerk to have enough money to continue as a professional musician(often with 2 other jobs besides my work with bands) Conclusion: you shouldn't spray your liquid defecation around on a subject you so obviously know nothing of. I would also strongly suggest that the essence of testicular lack and/or trolling is ignoring the essence of a post(game problem, not commiserating with previous poster) and being willing to jump on minor BS while essentially anonymous on the net. Please, O dubious sir, GTFO or quit acting like a yellow bellied serpent.

This bottom feeder PM'd me about not doing precisely this on the forums.  Good job following your own advice troll.

5 hours ago, Tatanko said:

Also, to anyone wondering why they are overheating all the time in 0.60...

CxX1fnY.png

Well, I guess that explains all the rain too.  I was wondering about this.  But it does get in the low 60's at night, plenty cool enough, he says, sitting in a stream with no pants on while overheating.  At night.  If the day is accelerated then the effects from overheating or cooling off ought to be too.

Edited by barnabus
  • Like 2

I`m near Tusta now and for couple of hours to heal up - I had a near death experience with one camping a deer stance just north Moglevekta - I flanked him

long way around on the other hill side and predicted he went for the next deer stance in the area - and got 3 shots at him at 500+ meters, but I missed him. 

13 hours ago, emuthreat said:

^^^Served. lol

Hidden Content

LOLZ more like soft served.

1 hour ago, Tatanko said:

For real? Awesome! I went looking last night but only ever came across two Russian heli crashes. I'll give it a more thorough look tonight.

It's my goal to collect all the colors (red, yellow, green, purple...maybe black and white) and do a "color run" with them :)

If you ever need one we can meet up, I think my char carries two green ones and a white one at the moment.

I loot a lot of Helos. :P

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, VVarhead said:

If you ever need one we can meet up, I think my char carries two green ones and a white one at the moment.

that is cool, I tend to have very bad luck with loot at helo sites. Well really all sites ;>{, lol.

6 minutes ago, VVarhead said:

I'll probably hit you up in a few hours when I'm done with work ;)

Desync and rubberbanding seem extra bad today.  And I am on the least ping server I can get out here.  Likely because it is Saturday I guess and I am on DSL in a densely populated space (within 500 meters of a node though)

Edited by barnabus

9 minutes ago, Tatanko said:

I know that I have one smoke grenade as well but not sure which color it is. I can hunt some crash sites later on if you want.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Tatanko said:

Sorry man, I have a yellow but I need it.  When ever I take fire I pop smoke and run.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Luc Tonnerre said:

I think the running speed is connected with your frame rate. The lower the fps the lower the max running speed.

I've noticed that whenever a teammate experiences a frame-drop while running next to me it almost looks as if he runs on the spot. Also I appear to be faster than other teammates since my beasty PC seldom drops below 100fps, even in big towns.

Not sure if intended tho

I haven't tested FPS vs speed yet. However, I had no FPS issue and on the second test I believe my FPS was higher as I reduced my graphics settings to bump it a bit. Stuttering does reduce speed from my tests.

Confirmed. I noticed this effect quite a bit before .59 doubled my average framerate from 15-20 up to 30-40.  I was always noticeably slower than the people I was traveling with, and I often had to take alternate routes to far destinations to make sure we all arrived at nearly the same time.

Now that I average 45-60, I'm only slightly slower, and the frame drops make a momentary difference.

It was explained to me before that the game is set to run at 60 fps, and anything lower results in packet loss, which interferes with the frequency of updating your movement progress.  I never took any exact measurements, but casual observations suggest a linear relationship between framerate and speed.  Okay, it's a step function :P

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Luc Tonnerre said:

my beasty PC seldom drops below 100fps, even in big towns.

Wanna go to Vybor?

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, emuthreat said:

Wanna go to Vybor?

Shots fired, probably literally if we go there.

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, IMT said:

Shots fired, probably literally if we go there.

Iam chilling at tisy for 4 days now. I only encountered 3 people.

The first one got landmined™, then i had to shoot the second for insulting me and then i sat at a fireplace with the third one, discussing about fps in the different parts of the map ^^

• Like 1

Is food and water broken?

The status indicators dont update for me

whether im bleeding, thirsty, hungry, nothing shows up

just yellow hungry since 1 hour

I have Pristine Purple and Yellow Smoke Grenades if anyone wants them.  They are on my 3pp.

• Like 1

I just don't know how to describe to the average schmo on the street the absolute orgasmic joy I get from a game where I sit, pantsless, in a stream, at night, waiting to cool off for 45 minutes.  Yep, words fail me at a time like this.   I wonder though, if I sit in this stream long enough will I be able to make a cup of 3in1 instant coffee with this water I am radiating my extreme body heat into?

• Like 7

5 hours ago, .freaK said:

Iam chilling at tisy for 4 days now. I only encountered 3 people.

The first one got landmined™, then i had to shoot the second for insulting me and then i sat at a fireplace with the third one, discussing about fps in the different parts of the map ^^

First time to Tisy I got KOS right off the bat, incidentally the barracks windows that used to be bulletproof are not anymore. 2nd and 3rd times, nothing, 4th and 5th times, some one has taken a shot a shot at my back as I was leaving..  My problem is that I, unconsciously, have been moving along a popular helicopter route.  This explains my current gear on 1pp (a worn M4, coupled 30 rnd mags, full, a 20 and 10 rnd mag too, the 10 rnd is empty, 2x yellow, 1x ea white and purple(haze) smokes, FNX with 2 mags).   I gotta get off that route before I get myself perished.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, rodneyr said:

oh you of severely limited comprehension, as I mentioned my game issue was whether or not (typed) chat was currently working.

OT:  By the way, I have lived for almost 66 yrs. in Tx in several cities while working as a roofer, framer, warehouse mgr., database programmer, field line digger, security guard, and even file clerk to have enough money to continue as a professional musician(often with 2 other jobs besides my work with bands) Conclusion: you shouldn't spray your liquid defecation around on a subject you so obviously know nothing of. I would also strongly suggest that the essence of testicular lack and/or trolling is ignoring the essence of a post(game problem, not commiserating with previous poster) and being willing to jump on minor BS while essentially anonymous on the net. Please, O dubious sir, GTFO or quit acting like a yellow bellied serpent.

I haven't posted much on the forums lately, but I just had to come on and respond since this post was hilarious on so many levels. Okay, first of all, you claim that you're about 66 yrs old. If that's true, then more power to you but your post makes it sound like it's coming from a squeaker or someone possibly in their 20's trying to embellish so as to make themselves seem more believable in what they are saying. I know quite a few older gentlemen and ladies, and I've never once hear any of the gentlemen use the term GTFO but I've heard plenty of people much younger than that use them term quite frequently.  So, to sum it up. If you really are 66+ yrs old, but talk like a squeaker or someone much more younger than they really are then you may way to evaluate the way you talk as , as it stands you don't talk or act like someone in their 60's.

Had a fun day today. Discovered a mini-loot'splosion in one of the police stations. Didn't really have room to take anything with me. Just a few trade-ins.

This pic is ground floor. The room above it was even better stocked (maybe that many, plus 3 more guns and several clips and attachments). The magnum was mine. Traded it in :)

Spoiler

8E8500A09E001E7757DCB70AF43B17C89725F7FA

While in there, I heard someone outside. If there is ever a time I will shoot first and ask questions later, it is pinned in a place like the police station... But, I decided to announce my presence.

He was a nice Frenchman. We had no conflict... A little hesitant of each other at first, but we decided to join together and I probably rolled with him for 2-3 hours. We mostly avoided trouble and had a casual time, stocking up on some food and finding ourselves some larger backpacks.

The most eventful part was his pants had become glitched out and were making his bottom half invisible. It stemmed from the, eating-with-something-else-already-in-your-hands bug. He had to relog b/c he lost his backpack, then his primary weapon, and a yellow storage container. Re-log gave the gun and backpack, but not the container, and his pants (which were in the backpack b/c he was too hot) had become glitched.

Spoiler

6E80CC9469DBB3C5A6882BAED1EC602F1EAF14CC

Later, I played by myself for a while. Found my first regular and car tents in an apartment building. Decided to make a dangerous foray to the NWAF. I checked out the tents to the north of it. I found two pitched military tents just sitting there. I couldn't get one of them to pack, but did get the other one and decided not to push my luck. Got the hell out of there... Need to find a place to pitch this tent to "test persistence" :) So, after seeing only one military tent this patch, I saw qty 4 and all three types of tents in the span of 30 minutes.

On the whole hot/cold thing. One thing I'd like to see... Sweating (in layers, especially)... When the sun goes down... that should be a recipe for hypOthermia. If you've been running a lot and sweating in your clothes during the day... when the sun goes down, your body temp can change *real* quick. I'd like that to create a greater necessity for fire at night. Would be nice to see folk's fires glowing in the woods, or in a house more often. (Personally, I wish they'd leave nightvision out of this game, and find some way to keep the brightness/gamma from being abused at night... If they could... I might actually enjoy the nights :)

Edited by Rammit (DayZ)
some text got swallowed by spoiler
  • Like 5

7 hours ago, emuthreat said:

Confirmed. I noticed this effect quite a bit before .59 doubled my average framerate from 15-20 up to 30-40.  I was always noticeably slower than the people I was traveling with, and I often had to take alternate routes to far destinations to make sure we all arrived at nearly the same time.

Now that I average 45-60, I'm only slightly slower, and the frame drops make a momentary difference.

It was explained to me before that the game is set to run at 60 fps, and anything lower results in packet loss, which interferes with the frequency of updating your movement progress.  I never took any exact measurements, but casual observations suggest a linear relationship between framerate and speed.  Okay, it's a step function :P

Same for me in the mod.

• Like 1

Does somebody want to explain to me why in this realistic survival simulator a 9mm bullet fired out of a handgun will not kill people with a shot to the head? Did boonie hats start giving ballistic protection properties when I wasn't looking?

"It's Early Access, Rags"

Okay, but, like...this isn't going to stay a thing, right? This is going to change? Because it's ridiculous how this isn't fatal. This has happened three times to me now. I thought it was a glitch or issue at first. Now I see it's a feature.

v9vGUr1.jpg?1 "Oh, I've been shot in the head by a gun. I guess I'll just take a little nap now. Good thing I'm not even bleeding."

Edited by Rags!

1 hour ago, Rags! said:

Does somebody want to explain to me why in this realistic survival simulator a 9mm bullet fired out of a handgun will not kill people with a shot to the head?

9mm? It's alright for a parlor pistol, popping balloons, that sort of thing, but inappropriate for combat use.

In the words of the great Jeff Cooper, "the 9mm Parabellum pistol cartridge simply will not do for serious work."

• Like 3