SMoss

Exp Update: 0.60.+++

I was just sharing my suspicious superstitions on how to stay cool.  It has worked pretty well, stripping down while running, but I noticed that loading up my rifle seemed to counter it a bit.  But rolling around naked or swimming in circles for ten seconds, then resting 20, and repeating seems to cool me the fastest.

But really, just don't wear pants most of the time.  You will have very few overheating issues, and 6-8 reserve inventory slots.

• Like 2

Did a hasty test of some movement speeds. Only a short test distance and only one or two runs so not super accurate.

Walking: ~5.5 km/h

Fast crawl: ~3.2 km/h

Sprinting: here I had some interesting results. I recorded a couple runs and they gave me around 25.5 km/h. A bit faster than I found before. Will need to verify.

• Like 4

20 hours ago, Kohlbar said:

I was playing with a dude the other night that I met in VMC, and while we were playing he said that one of his biggest complaints about the new patch is that his gamma/brightness settings didn't work and the night time was so dark it made the game "literally unplayable" This seemed to be the case because he didn't notice a zombie until he was 5 feet away from it. But for me, one of the biggest improvements I've noticed has been night time visibility. The colors seem very distinguishable, if anything I would say it's *too* visible at night now. I'm on default settings. Anybody else having this issue? I'm wondering if the guy just spoiled himself with adjusted gamma whenever he played at night, or if the gamma is an actual issue for people.

That dumb fuck was in "Windowed mode" obviously. Come on..Basic stuff guys

4 hours ago, barnabus said:

It took 45 minutes to get from hyperthermic to overheating, and I was sitting in a steam.  I wasn't taking any chances.. Still in overheating state, it's crazy.   While I was at Miskino tents I found that AK 101.  I had my trusty Winchester in hand so this was on my back.  Once I was done I hit the woodline and tried to switch the 101 with the Winchester.  For some reason I guess I fumble finger fucked it because the Winchester went on the ground someplace and did NOT replace the 101 on my back.   I have no clue where the Winchester ended up.  I am sad.  I had 42 rounds for the Winny and a hunting scope on it that liked to use in lieu of binoculars.  I have a total of 35 5.56 in two mags for the AK, not my best day.C40A8D2F498D9A6ED5F162FF26B41F997BFB3103

Yeah I sat in water for like 1 hour while eating dinner and I was still hot yesterday. They need to adjust it in near future patch update.  

Edited by ori42
  • Like 5

Emuthreat and I had a short run yesterday around Zelenogorsk and Mish tent city. Tent city was quiet but we ran into a shotgun  douche around Mil base at Zelen. He managed to ruin some of my gear as I took off, and Emu distracted him as I moved to position to be able to let his back eat a .308 round. Got a new jacket out of it after Emu tied him up and bandaged him. Just seconds later we took fire again, possibly from his friends. Good to know one .22 round in the dome from my amphibia was enough to send the captured guy to hell. Probably would have let him live if he talked to us, but he didn't know how to use his words.

Curious to know how healthy the bad guy was, all it took was one .308 to send him to unconscious sleepytime. 

If a "drag unconscious douche" option was there we could have had some fun with him.

Edited by Girth Brooks
  • Like 10

1 hour ago, Girth Brooks said:

Emuthreat and I had a short run yesterday around Zelenogorsk and Mish tent city. Tent city was quiet but we ran into a shotgun  douche around Mil base at Zelen. He managed to ruin some of my gear as I took off, and Emu distracted him as I moved to position to be able to let his back eat a .308 round. Got a new jacket out of it after Emu tied him up and bandaged him. Just seconds later we took fire again, possibly from his friends. Good to know one .22 round in the dome from my amphibia was enough to send the captured guy to hell. Probably would have let him live if he talked to us, but he didn't know how to use his words.

Curious to know how healthy the bad guy was, all it took was one .308 to send him to unconscious sleepytime. 

If a "drag unconscious douche" option was there we could have had some fun with him.

"unconscious sleepytime" can I borrow that?

• Like 2

8 hours ago, emuthreat said:

I was just sharing my suspicious superstitions on how to stay cool.  It has worked pretty well, stripping down while running, but I noticed that loading up my rifle seemed to counter it a bit.  But rolling around naked or swimming in circles for ten seconds, then resting 20, and repeating seems to cool me the fastest.

But really, just don't wear pants most of the time.  You will have very few overheating issues, and 6-8 reserve inventory slots.

or they could just FIX this issue.. and be done with it.. this game is supposed to feel realistic right?
running for 40 min doesn't give you hyperthermia

and even if it does... laying/sitting in water that is around 14 Celsius would cool your body very rapidly.. people on the titanic died within 10-15 min (water was -2 Celsius) so from 37 C to around 26 in 15 min... 
plus the fact, that heating up costs more energy than cooling down.. simple logic fact. 

staying warm should be the biggest issue.. but since all the clothing (apart from shorts and shirt) keep you warm and toasty within 5 minutes.. everything is screwed.

so all we can do is hope they fix it, because 'just take your pants off, roll around in the water, swim for 10 minutes than jog for another 5..' will not make this game playable.. more likely retarded...

Edited by veshcula
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, veshcula said:

or they could just FIX this issue.. 

More than likely, what we're experiencing is intentional, not a bug that needs fixing. They keep pretty tight control over environmental effects like weather and temperature, and they can be modified pretty swiftly from what I understand. It's possible they are gathering data on something related, or they're testing balance, etc.

This is Experimental. You should expect extremes and oddities when you play on this branch. In fact, some of us find them entertaining and fun because they add a layer of difficulty.

Edited by Tatanko
  • Like 7

16 minutes ago, Tatanko said:

More than likely, what we're experiencing is intentional, not a bug that needs fixing. They keep pretty tight control over environmental effects like weather and temperature, and they can be modified pretty swiftly from what I understand. It's possible they are gathering data on something related, or they're testing balance, etc.

This is Experimental. You should expect extremes and oddities when you play on this branch. In fact, some of us find them entertaining and fun because they add a layer of difficulty.

Yeah, I`ve a notion they are testing temprature for sure. 

Anyone with an Elektro spawn? 

I was scouting the city for 3 hours this morning and it was completely empty on full server and not a single shot fired..

However, when I enter the city from Cherno side with an oil barrel - I saw a guy went out from north west deer stand who went to skyrim near the forest line. 

UK 5 is my main server now with a base far north of Elektro. :)

Edited by ori42
  • Like 1

It's weird though, I haven't got past hot and that includes sprinting the entire west and north borders of the map and numerous laps sprinted around Skalatisty.

I do miss the fear of the cold, I live at a similar latitude to where Chenarus should be and aside from three or four months of the year being in the water or in the woods wet would incapacitate you in short order, even the three warm months if you're wet it's still cold enough to be debilitating at night in the woods.

Edited by BCBasher
  • Like 5

RE: overheating

That pond you're drinking from.... I steep my balls in it.

• Like 10

3 minutes ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

RE: overheating

That pond you're drinking from.... I steep my balls in it.

ROFL....pffff...bärgs...pfui^^

• Like 4

the normal weekend-update-lotterie.... update could be good until monday or.... servers shutting down tonight.

we will see^^

• Like 3

I think .308 Winchester Rounds are too rare... yesterday i searched over 6 hours every house and found nothing same as 7.62x54mmR Rounds.  How you should contest people with M4,AK,AKM, who are camping at the military base?

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Burner89 said:

I think .308 Winchester Rounds are too rare... yesterday i searched over 6 hours every house and found nothing same as 7.62x54mmR Rounds.  How you should contest people with M4,AK,AKM, who are camping at the military base?

It'll be the same story for those guys when they get the helicopter loot out of general military again. For the time being go searching for heli crashes, they should have both high powered rifle bullets because of the FAL and SVD.

I only made one brief stop at the abandoned military base all of .60 but can say the scarcity in civilian stuff is getting to where I personally think it should be once they fix the 5 raincoats or wool coats in one place thing we have going on now. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Burner89 said:

I How you should contest people with M4,AK,AKM, who are camping at the military base?

You shouldn't. The game is based on realism right? If you're outgunned you're outgunned.

I've gotten a lot of enjoyment out of .60exp so far. Only played for a few hours but in that time I have found the game to be more stable than at any time I've played it before. I know the new GFX engine is WIP, but as it is it looks great. I ran over to Berezino yesterday to meet my friend who spawned, and it was really cool to descend into the fog from the hills as the sun went down. Encountered a few zombies along the way too.

I like the way this game is heading right now. If they were to stop adding new features today and simply refine what already exists, this would be a very popular game.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, JohnMcClane said:

-snip-

I like the way this game is heading right now. If they were to stop adding new features today and simply refine what already exists, this would be a very popular game.

But I would leave because NOT ENOUGH INFECTED.

Once they add the dynamic infected spawn system then MAYBE you can make a claim that a DayZ core experience even exists.

If I thought DayZ was only ever going to have this few zombies I never would have stuck with the stand alone all this time.

Infected everywhere is going to change so much about how we have to play.

How anyone could think this current CoDayZ resembles a complete DayZ game engine is beyond me.

Popular = shit game IMO.

A challenging DayZ experience might just drive some away and draw in others....

Spoiler

New character animations system.

New hit box.

Wounded animations and movement speeds.

Base building.

Dynamic infected spawn.

Infected attack variations.

Infected destroying barriers.

Predatory animals.

Stamina and weight.

Crafting.

Aging.

Soft skills.

Contamination zones.

Edited by ☣BioHaze☣
  • Like 5

Eugen Harton asked on twitter.

Okay so 0.60 is stabilizing , what issues you find most severe atm ?

Most severe: Vehicles close to each other, Rubberbanding, Dead inventory cells.

Somewhat annoying: Russian helicopters not smoking.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Parazight said:

I`ve noticed that slow internet connection create rubberbanding as well on the 0.60 patch and high ping servers. 

Edited by ori42

12 minutes ago, Parazight said:

Yea vehicle desync is my number one most hated bug from this patch, and to think just before the new renderer they were working well -_-... oh well its worth it for the new renderer i just hope this vehicle desync is fixed very soon!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ori42 said:

I`ve noticed that slow internet connection create rubberbanding as well on the 0.60 patch. 

I've observed friends on teamspeak experiencing rubberbanding at the same time and for equal duration as myself, while on the same server.

• Like 3

yeah I can`t move my character without rubberbanding if I`m downloading at the same time with some `new` steam patch updates. 

Anyway, maybe new moon graphic update with this patch, looks great, and I cant adjust gamme in-game - soon night vision goggles hype? :)

Another image over the Elektro area since I`m nearby on the UK 5 server. ))

vox347.jpg

Edited by ori42
  • Like 2