SMoss

Exp Update: 0.60.+++

1 minute ago, Luc Tonnerre said:

I guess they are fixing the bridges. Because all the arma 2 bridges were acting weird in the first place. I remember that it was literally impossible to drive a stryker or a tank across any kind of bridge without causing the vehicle to do weird somersaults. It's either that or they are just going to overhaul the assets.

One issue I had with the bridges was that I placed two barrels under one and the next day it was empty. Can't have been stolen as all other camp equipment was still there (in tents and barrels). Another issue was that before, the infected could nor run under bridges, so you could easily feel safe there. That was already fixed in this patch, as they could get down there, but apparently there are some other issues now, too. I think at the moment only the collision models of the bridges are there - and they are invisible. Perhaps the devs just need to figure out which parts of the bridge need fixing. Not only in Arma, but also in Dayz, I got stuck on the bridge or ruined tires for no reason. That hasn't happened in a long time, though. And it was weird, the truck got damaged, while the 4x4 had no problem there at all. Mostly the bridges were fine, but this just shows how strange and magnifold the problems are when developing a sandbox game. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, ColdAtrophy said:

Is it still a huge PITA to get into an Experimental server? 

I'd say it takes 1 to 5 minutes of your life. It isn't really a problem anymore to get in, at the moment. At least, not on our server. And when you're in, it is very stable. I have only seen 2 times No Message Received in all my playtime this build and I played a lot so you should be good.

• Like 1

This patch is stable as shit, from what i've seen. (pure speculation) I wouldn't anticipate it being much longer for it to move to stable. I'd be curious to see a current list of what they consider to be blockers at this point.

5 minutes ago, Rammit (DayZ) said:

This patch is stable as shit, from what i've seen. (pure speculation) I wouldn't anticipate it being much longer for it to move to stable. I'd be curious to see a current list of what they consider to be blockers at this point.

The only really worrying thing are cars right now. You have to be able to drive cars next to each other without them locking up. I wonder if that is getting fixed or postponed. Apart from cars I'm on your side. The patch is stable - but it suffers from issues of previous patches. My friend just died on one of the small rocks. I was hoping the time of dying on stairs or entrances was over. It hasn't happened to me yet, so I'll have to keep playing and find out myself. This happens so rarely though, it's probably good enough to avoid these rocks and have it all fixed in beta. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, S3V3N said:

The only really worrying thing are cars right now. You have to be able to drive cars next to each other without them locking up. I wonder if that is getting fixed or postponed. Apart from cars I'm on your side. The patch is stable - but it suffers from issues of previous patches. My friend just died on one of the small rocks. I was hoping the time of dying on stairs or entrances was over. It hasn't happened to me yet, so I'll have to keep playing and find out myself. This happens so rarely though, it's probably good enough to avoid these rocks and have it all fixed in beta. 

Yeah, I haven't messed with the vehicles yet, but I am aware of that issue. That would seem to be a blocker at this point... But, I don't know... They haven't really tackled the networking side yet... I imagine that overhaul is scheduled for a later patch... While cars were kinda buggy in the past, I don't remember them being as bad as folks are describing in this patch, so maybe they can at least fix a bug that is causing the current nastiness. 

I did see a bus and a car t-boned at an intersection yesterday :)

3 hours ago, IMT said:

I'd say it takes 1 to 5 minutes of your life. It isn't really a problem anymore to get in, at the moment. At least, not on our server. And when you're in, it is very stable. I have only seen 2 times No Message Received in all my playtime this build and I played a lot so you should be good.

About 1 hour to get in. 2min to get kos. Aah the joy of dayz. Well atleast i'm in. Patch is stable but the network code is still shite. When there's cars or other players near you weird things happen.

14 hours ago, ColdAtrophy said:

Is it still a huge PITA to get into an Experimental server? 

It takes a few minutes at most if you know how to spam properly (floating the mouse over the max players or connecting failed dialogue).

What happened to staying away until .61???

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ori42 said:

yeah, I wish we had a completely new health system - when the screen going white does not make much sense to me when u are injured.

Well having been in shock before, my hearing was dulled and I felt sick to my stomach and I was so thirsty and also I felt so tired, I wanted desperately to close my eyes and meditate the pain away. Blood loss makes you feel tired and thirsty and weak and puts you into shock right away. I suppose to make the simulation more accurate they could make the player much slower when hurt and make hydration fall like a rock into red. It would be cool if there was some moaning for light damage and the normal reaction to heavy damage "Screaming" AHHHHH AHHHHH IT HURTS!!!! That would make hunting down your prey easier after you wing them :-D

• Like 1

Way up north at the border of nothing..yes there was a flying tree and also there was a house with a metal fence built right thru the walls..oops. I found a VS3 truck running and it was stuck in place. I could open the back bed door and I could open and close the driver door. There was no place in the front for wheels, battery etc. All the tires looked good, but since there was no cargo spot I couldn't see them. That was a let down, having found no vehicles yes. I suppose I should be glad I wasn't murdered by the truck when I got in and out. :-D

Edited by Excanto

On 14.5.2016 at 11:45 PM, Noctoras said:

Don't. Generally stable holds even more people, for whom the keyboard is limited to the pull-trigger-button. If you are looking for anything beyond that, play experimental.

Or just wait for release. I'm sure someone will make a mod without weapons and zombies, only different flowers that people can throw at each other while dancing in circles and singing kumbayah.

• Like 2

On 5/5/2016 at 11:11 AM, mattew1 said:

sorry about this post - forum is bugged for me - please delete

Disappearing trumpets - click to play

Edited by freethink
  • Like 6

I might be in the minority on this one, but I've been pleasantly surprised by how civil everyone I've run into in .60 has been.  I was heading North out of Gorka when a guy just shouted "Hello" directly behind me.  He had his Skorpion out but seemed friendly enough.  He offered food and the usual things people offer each other in DayZ.  He asked if I wanted to head NW with him and I agreed.  We both shared our first experience with the new radio station together which was pretty neat.  After that we looted up quite a bit from one deer stand alone and headed towards Grishino together.  Unfortunately that's when a friend started knocking at my door so I had to logout.  Added the guy on Steam and plan on playing again.  I believe this was on US South Central 0-2.

DayZ: It brings people together.

Edited by IReadTheAgreement
  • Like 4

ARGH, death by misadventure.  Coming out of the shrine near Tisy Base I didn't take the stairs and went over the cliff.  That moment of stop motion then black, you are dead.  What's the drop there, 2 meters at the most?  Dead from a 2 meter fall.  Yeah, ok.  Twist an ankle, ruin my shoes, badly damage my pants sure, but a catastrophic fall?  That should be rarer than a magazine for a 527.  Come on guys.

Edited by barnabus
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, freethink said:

I believe this maybe related to view distance? check your video settings unless this is unique to the object.

No# of objects in range settings?

Edited by sneakydude

On 5/19/2016 at 10:52 AM, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

version # 60.133080

Got to play for a while earlier and had a good time. All up until while trying to get myself to vomit at a well in that tiny village of Gorka some idiot ran up and brass knuckled my skull.

What's worse is he went on to kill me. Unless he planned on eating me, what's the point of that? Just take whatever you want off me and go your merry way. Damn squaker psychopaths. Respawned back at the coast in the north and it was a beautiful morning so I guess it's all fine. :)

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, sneakydude said:

I believe this maybe related to view distance? check your video settings unless this is unique to the object.

No# of objects in range settings?

my view distance isn't under 3 meters. 

viewDistance=1600;
preferredObjectViewDistance=1400;

most every thing is set on high

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, ebrim said:

What's worse is he went on to kill me. Unless he planned on eating me, what's the point of that? Just take whatever you want off me and go your merry way. Damn squaker psychopaths. Respawned back at the coast in the north and it was a beautiful morning so I guess it's all fine. :)

That's got to be the new occlusion system not working entirely. My guess is that the door is a portal but somehow out of place, so when you turn left the engine 'thinks' you're out of view from the shotgun so it doesn't render it. I walked into these houses a lot and never noticed the problem, but the devs are probably fine-tuning the occlusion at the moment. In the earlier versions of 0.60 it also happened that infected AI could be seen at one angle, but not at another (from a roof). This is all apparently very tricky stuff, which luckily we don't have to bother with truly understanding. At least I don't. I'm sure the problem can be fixed easy enough. 

• Like 2

Ugly bugs.  Cars getting glued to the ground near other cars, had a hunting jacket stuck up the left corner of my screen after it bugged when switching it out in inventory for an M65.  Stayed there even after I logged out of the server.  Found a UH 1 crash site that had no loot at all.  This isn't the first time either.  Pretty sure most people leave crappy boots in place at crash sites.  There was also an Mi8 crash site over at NWAF, it was loaded with stuff, 2 AK74's 2 AK 74U and 2 CZ sub machine guns, along with boots and ammo and small smersh packs.  Double clicking on items may or may not add them to your inventory.  Sometimes, you have to place the item in hand then move it to inventory.  Happened to me with two boxes of ammunition.

At least the rail on the FN/FAL is working..

Edited by barnabus
  • Like 1

My luck has run out.  I was gunned down in Novaya Petrovka.  I only wanted to borrow their car...

Found a few bugs so I guess it was all worth it.

Finally a quiet Sunday evening of DayZ EXP and some brewskies.

Got right in and did some science, the half hour rule and how it seems to work. Anyone who knows Skalatisy knows the shed past the lighthouse and the boats in the bay, the closest two boats are about 80-90m from the shed, the third is over 100m. I dropped gloves in the shed and noted a spray paint can, I cut armbands at all the boats around the bay, I ran the rest of the island getting back to the shed in 20 minutes. I shut the door and watched the gloves and spray paint to a little over 30 minutes without change. I ran back to the boats and the first two (under 100m from where I was lurking) also were unchanged, the third boat (over 100m) however was cleaned up and new raincoats had spawned at various boat spawn points with new stuff in the pockets.

I hypothesize there is a 100m no spawn/despawn bubble around players, this bubble may persist for a bit of time after a player logs out as I was kicked shortly twice right around the half hour mark but got right back in. 

• Like 7

Main noticeable bugs I've encountered .. 
Seem to get desynced a lot more now than before ... But only really in regards to my Health status not staying up to date after playing for a while.. 

Example .. I ate too much and drank too much once.. an hour later I relogged .. when I came back in I was vomiting . Only showing Stuffed status at after relog . 

Staying Healthy , Energized and Hydrated can sometimes seem to last all day no matter the distance traveled.. 

Chickens respawn timer needs more of a delay or a change to the spawn trigger.. You can typically Kill a chicken at said house .. run around the town a bit , and return to kill a new chicken at the same house with in only a few minutes time . 

my ghillie suit does not seem to cast a shadow .. And at times will render in last,  havent tested for visual distance bugs yet . 

Bear traps nee higher damage .. a sprained ankle is lame .. although the annoying 20 minutes of sounds from being in pain is nice . 

Lastly . Rabbit snares do not stand up properly .. as well as frying pans when cooking. 

I will report these to bug tracker .. if anyone else can take a minute to confirm what I have found . 

• Like 4

Had a nice couple long sessions today equaling close to 8 hours I think.

Gary got shot while we were trying to loot up north but we managed to lay low and eventually flush out the would be murderer.

IMT, Luc, and Gary all hit this guy before he finally went down.

AiLHLi8.jpg

Later on we were running a helicopter route and as emuthreat looted Gary cleared the left and I cleared the right (with a town in the near distance) I was side stepping along a line of small bushes and Gary said he could hear a character making pain sounds.

I did not hear this and continued along the bushes, a moment later slipping into a bush with hopes of scouting the town. As soon as I backed into the bush I started getting shot from point blank range and could not see the guy at all. I spun around a couple times, half engulfed by the bush until I finally saw him running across the field running toward the town.

I squeezed off 8 rounds from the FAL but I don't know that I hit him at all.

My world is quite gray and I'm bleeding so I doubled back to my friends and we went to a nearby treeline where I bandaged. I gave emu a saline to inject me with and I was mostly healed. When I finally checked my gear he had miraculously not ruined anything of mine and had maybe taken a couple things from pristine to worn.

As we continued to put distance between ourselves and that chopper, emu and Gary heard my character making pain sounds (again) but I did not. After a little more running I decided to try a splint which did solve the problem.

I still have not died to gun fire in .60 (I died once stepping off a -1 meter high rock though), and I have survived nearly half a dozen firefights now keeping the FAL I found when I randomly found a chopper by myself.

Here's a just a couple random pics....

knmwKjo.jpg

nImJcK9.jpg

^Stay frosty! So many players EVERYWHERE! On a full server there is only 3.75 square km per person on a 225 square km map...

• Like 11

9 hours ago, freethink said:

Maaaaagic fish guts!

1 hour ago, Zurvivalist said:

*snip*

Bear traps nee higher damage .. a sprained ankle is lame .. although the annoying 20 minutes of sounds from being in pain is nice . 

*snip*

Yep should be a broken leg, I would carry one as defensive weapon for being cornered in buildings. They also seem to despawn quickly when placed.

• Like 1