SMoss

Exp Update: 0.60.+++

Played 1pp UK and was fresh spawn again. Played a 1pp UK different server and had my pumpkins back from yesterday. Oh ya white screen with hungry, stuffed and pumpkins. Ran through NW Airfield and there was so little there that I felt like if I got shot, I might be better off. White screen a zombie could 1 hit me. Made it into the woods with some gorka and a decent backpack and ate some more pumpkins. Now I am stuffed and soaked and white screen. I feel like a hungry vampire.

• Like 2

Heheh, this is so typical for me: Finally 0.60 is running like a beast and I'm playing with a nice guy and now my mouse cable broke. Took me forever to figure out that's what happened. 2 week old gaming-mouse, lulz. And of course it's the weekend (yay), so I can only send this back and in the meantime play with a marble-sized "pocket-mouse" I bought for a laptop in the 2000's ^^

And the first time my mouse went afk was yesterday on top of stairs with a zombie behind me. Mild panic, but I survived. I just sigh at the powers trying to not let me play Dayz. Is there a message? Should I have learned something? Cause I still just want a new mouse.   

• Like 1

I was playing with a friend last night on UK 20, running from Balota to Komarovo

Twice, within 15 minutes of each other we were attacked by freshspawns wielding AK74s and chambering 5.45mm ammo. On both occasions they had no clothing other than their starting shirt and jeans.

Are police stations/Balota ATC+hangars spawning AKs .60?

• Like 1

Got killed twice yesterday, one was obvious and the other one pissed me off. First time I got killed was at the NWAF where I just started looting the tents with Gary and Brooks. I saw someone fly in a tent like a rat and was sure that wasn't one of us. So of course I follow my curiosity and there is a bloke with an AK raised and took a few shots at me. I can't explain my tactical decision here but I turned around and ran back and we ran in to each other. I started spraying and so did he and I lost the fight. Now before we went to the NWAF I dropped my M4A1 off to be safe and only had a Skorpion. If I had my M4A1 I would probably survived the encounter because I believe I hit him first but I had .380 auto. But, he didn't go untouched of course. Gary and Brooks shot at him and I believe Gary killed him, so no loot for him. Next time, don't shoot, you might live and actually loot the place. :)

Second time was at the very end of Topolniki towards Novaya Petrovka. This was a very unpleasant encounter as they acted friendly. I took my hand off the keyboard for 2 seconds (dumb idea) and he shot me in the face. Luckily Emuthreat got one of them and I recorded the encounter and will upload it soon (it's a short clip). But that shows how unfriendly people can be towards some unarmed player.

By the way, thanks guys for killing me, now I ended up with a M4A1 and proper ammo.

17 hours ago, BCBasher said:

It's more of an ocd thing I love repetitive tasks more than the place, I used to prefer Tulga because I didn't have to rely on a barrel spawning there The sight lines and interest changed too much with the overhaul to comfortably run circles and avoid contact there, with only one spawn point that I can see from most of my route my little island is a better choice. Watching the loot respawn and how area size and and diligent scrounging can sustain an individual is entertaining to me. My playstyle/attitude is that of a person who didn't really care that the old world died and just plugs away at his day to day routine adapting to his surroundings and taking trips when he's bored and can afford it. 

I'm gonna go do some yard work and stretch my legs IRL but later will do my routine and check the video for timing. I did cut a bunch of armbands on my route today before my last boot so I have a start. I play on the AUS 1pp too in spite of the ping because it seems to settle down in my primetime.

I have a town which you will very much like as well. It's my favorite town and specially my favorite town for being an hermit. It's quiet, nobody comes there, you can  farm there, fish, practically everything.

To the developers: NO! Stay away from my town! Shoo!

15 hours ago, IReadTheAgreement said:

Ahh ok.  Wish I could have gone to that one.  I actually didn't do security at Otmel.  Was just a guest.  That was when we all got firebombed by hackers.  When .60 hits stable you should consider doing another one.

I'll definitely be there. :)

• Like 2

10 hours ago, BleedoutBill said:

Every time I went there as a fresh spawn, I ended up dying of starvation. I've gone there geared an few times and I nearly died of boredom. Personally, I don't see the attraction, but as they say in the car business, "There's An Ass For Every Seat!"

There's 5 houses and 4-5 groups of boats there now, with the abundance of raincoats at the boats and stuff in their pockets it's easily survivable.

I noticed the lighthouse wasn't full of powdered milk yesterday, there was 2-5 every time I wnet in it last week, I think they're changing the CLE around as we go. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, BCBasher said:

There's 5 houses and 4-5 groups of boats there now, with the abundance of raincoats at the boats and stuff in their pockets it's easily survivable.

I noticed the lighthouse wasn't full of powdered milk yesterday, there was 2-5 every time I wnet in it last week, I think they're changing the CLE around as we go. 

On reflection, the entire map is changing, so it stands to reason that area would also be in flux. I haven't been there in quite a while, but I don't remember having ever seen anything spawn there. Thanks, I'll check it out.

Funny how even though I know the game is constantly evolving, I still manage to form preconceived notions and get stuck in a rut. I know that I do this, so I try, not always successfully, to continuously roam around and see the sights. 

• Like 3

Much love (and hate) to the guys that killed me and a buddy yesterday at Severograd.

I have no idea how you spotted us or rather my friend that quick, but that penetration kill through the house was amazing! You are a good shot.

my ballistic research concludes that a 7,62x51 Bullet fired from a Mosin will still kill you after passing through 2 walls and even if you're wearing a ballistic helmet^^

Edited by VVarhead
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, S3V3N said:

Heheh, this is so typical for me: Finally 0.60 is running like a beast and I'm playing with a nice guy and now my mouse cable broke. Took me forever to figure out that's what happened. 2 week old gaming-mouse, lulz. And of course it's the weekend (yay), so I can only send this back and in the meantime play with a marble-sized "pocket-mouse" I bought for a laptop in the 2000's ^^

And the first time my mouse went afk was yesterday on top of stairs with a zombie behind me. Mild panic, but I survived. I just sigh at the powers trying to not let me play Dayz. Is there a message? Should I have learned something? Cause I still just want a new mouse.   

how did you break your mouse cable? it couldn't be age... did it snag on something? XD because the mouse I'm using (logitech G5) is working just fine after almost 7 years of continues use xD
hope you get a new mouse soon man :) still want to meet up with you in game.. see how you play and such. 

cheers,

tigermonk

• Like 1

sO FINALLY ABLE TO PLAY EXP loving it . 

the entire northern map seems to have slightly changed.

chickens are abundant now . Easy pickings for us survivalists . 

Found all my normal gear . with the fun new additions of a fishing rod , bear trap and new USMC camo m65 size jacket ! 

My question though .... Has anyone seen larger game ? I've yet to spot a hog or deer . 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Zurvivalist said:

My question though .... Has anyone seen larger game ? I've yet to spot a hog or deer . 

Yes, I ran into a herd of cows at the south-east end of the quarry (east of Severograd). And I saw a herd of deer in the new area in the north you described. The big lake near Tisy has been filled up and to the east of it is a small, separate pond which had a herd of deer around it. Apart from that I didn't see any either. Doesn't seem to be an abundance of animals, as I have traveled much (thanks to cars) and seen little. I've yet have to see a boar, too. Of course, there are tons of chicken and cocks (!) everywhere. So if you're just looking to carve improvised fishing hooks that's a good start. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, S3V3N said:

So if you're just looking to carve improvised fishing hooks that's a good start. 

Thanks for the info I'll head back to that area and scout around. 
After my initial hunt for food . My primary focus has been finding a improvised leather backpack from the pig skin. The military areas are still too hot to enter just to search for a nice backpack . I prefer to stick to tree stands for my weapons. So I have little need of military . 

I'm not sure how i feel about the new systems . I seem to stay hydrated and Energized for a much longer amount of time than before .  Even Though I am sprinting for miles at a time ... i seem to only need to eat about once a day . 

Which puts hunting/fishing down to a very low priority .. coupled with the now abundant chicken supplies .. This doesn't really leave you with much to do in the struggle to survive side of the  game . 

• Like 1

On 1pp I finally got hot, hopped in a lake and didn't get wet, running thru the water on the shore got me wet, but submerged prone at 10 feet deep I was dry as a bone. Once I was drenched I went between a couple pine trees and went prone and had some breakfast and came back to find I was cold and shaking and damp. Still white screen, stuffed and on my last pumpkin slice. Got hydrated and energized both lit bright green and red stuffed. Used the fertilizer and seeds I got from first batch of pumpkins and planted more and they come up much faster with fertilizer. After many many risky house searches, I still only have an sks with 15 rounds as a defensive weapon. Trumpet and 357 have no ammo.  I found a small pond and couldn't get my bottle to fill with water. Must have been a mirage.

• Like 4

Made my way up north to inspect tisy as i finally managed to get into a server.

I had a pretty normal way up, coastal citys provide enough resources to get further up north. With each city my inventory got more full and i had enough food for ages as i reached Vybor.

In tent city i engaged two guys with M4's and shoot em both with my M1911.

Game runs smoothly, desync minimal, could see this one on stable, but seriously please look into the CLE, i checked 3 baracks in Tisy: Sunglasses

• Like 2

Never really done a update on here of what i have been doing whilst playing day, usually just lurk in the background to see whats occurring in the current build. Ive only had a short amount of time playing this patch but its the most fun i have had in a game for a long time so i need to talk about it. 

I got a nice berezino (Hint of sarcasm) and couldn't find anything what so ever so decided to head in land and then made the decision not to play the same way i always do i.e. looting towns, heading NW and then dying from a hunting rifle of some sorts. For this experimental i have decided to live the life a hunter gatherer living off the land in some secluded part of Chernarus.  I have myself a nice little area with some pumpkin and tomatoes patches providing the food and then a jerry can of water to quench any thirst my character has, The only tools i have at my disposal are a crafted spear, Improvised hunting bow and a stone knife. After getting bored of munching on pumpkins i decided to head towards some areas where i have seen cattle or deer grazing before to try and get some protein in my diet. After around 2 hours of searching i had only found a chicken which isnt much, but food is food at the end of the day. I decided to head home, as i was running across an open field im stopped dead in my tracks by the sight of three armed men running across the road not even 20m away. I made the smart decision not to even try and talk to them but just wait for them to pass. I then with my heart beating out of my chest ran home and cried myself to sleep eating the last of the pumpkin. 

Loving this patch so far, cant wait to play with some friends. all i need now are some friends.

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, Marshall1908 said:

Loving this patch so far, cant wait to play with some friends. all i need now are some friends.

You should jump into Riddler's teamspeak, he set it up for the experimental crew here on the forums

ts.welcometothejungledayz.com 

We're on almost every day just messing around, lots of pve and some pvp too when we get bored :P

• Like 5

Is it still a huge PITA to get into an Experimental server? 

On 6/3/2016 at 6:42 PM, Salty seadog said:

finalllly got that backpack! 

It's so awesome that you managed to stalk someone for more or less the entirety of that character's life, and yet they probably never knew you were there at all. Truly something else :)

• Like 5

2 hours ago, ColdAtrophy said:

Is it still a huge PITA to get into an Experimental server? 

Like butter, my friend, like butter.  All you gotta do is try.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, emuthreat said:

Like butter, my friend, like butter.  All you gotta do is try.

You didn't answer my question. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ColdAtrophy said:

You didn't answer my question. 

As long as you dedicate yourself to one server, you'll be in in a matter of minutes (probably). In the odd hours of the night you should have no trouble finding servers to get into.

• Like 2

On 6/4/2016 at 7:44 AM, Excanto said:

Played 1pp UK and was fresh spawn again. Played a 1pp UK different server and had my pumpkins back from yesterday. Oh ya white screen with hungry, stuffed and pumpkins. Ran through NW Airfield and there was so little there that I felt like if I got shot, I might be better off. White screen a zombie could 1 hit me. Made it into the woods with some gorka and a decent backpack and ate some more pumpkins. Now I am stuffed and soaked and white screen. I feel like a hungry vampire.

yeah, I wish we had a completely new health system - when the screen going white does not make much sense to me when u are injured.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, ori42 said:

yeah, I wish we had a completely new health system - when the screen going white does not make much sense to me when u are injured.

Yep. It doesn't make me want to survive, it makes me feel that I want to kill myself because the game looks just so ugly and at least as a fresh spawn I can enjoy real life colors again.

It's way too aggressive and it starts pretty much instantly when you've lost some health/blood (can't remember which one). I could understand if the dying is actually very close but the color change starts from the first hit.

• Like 1

Btw all the bridges are invisble now. Even the small ones in cities. Haven't yet played yet to see if it is fixed, but what a weird bug again ^^ 

Edited by S3V3N

1 hour ago, S3V3N said:

Btw all the bridges are invisble now. Even the small ones in cities. Haven't yet played yet to see if it is fixed, but what a weird bug again ^^ 

I guess they are fixing the bridges. Because all the arma 2 bridges were acting weird in the first place. I remember that it was literally impossible to drive a stryker or a tank across any kind of bridge without causing the vehicle to do weird somersaults. It's either that or they are just going to overhaul the assets.