SMoss

Exp Update: 0.60.+++

2 minutes ago, sneakydude said:

opps! Your slipping odin :)

My wish to start fresh was granted! ;) 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, emuthreat said:

I knew I should have taken more than one Ak74 magazine.  Dammit!!

Edit: I'll be on in an hour or two, hopefully.  I have some, err, gardening that I've been avoiding all week.

I'm thinking we should keep backpacks in storage and log out with them in our hands with anything we don't want wiped by a possible patch/persistence wipe.

• Like 2

Why I see only two servers? 

People used to be friendly on sng-1, just got kosd in f@ckin@ Kozlovka!

• Like 2

After starting fresh again in Elektro, I made my way to my usual spot in the Green Mountain surroundings, stopping at a few villages here and there. I decided to back-track after 40 mins to see what had happened to stuff I left prior to being KoS. 

It seems "persistence" is fucked-up, as everything I had left or switched was still there, and nothing new had spawned. So we can agree that the 30 mins timer for despawning items doesn't work right now, either for items that were not manipulated by any players, or anything left on the ground from players, no matter the condition.

I didn't go back to where I got killed to check if there was also ruined gear on the ground, but I'm pretty sure there would have been some.

We're back to being dependent on server restarts for refreshing and cleaning up the loot.

The only thing I found that worked great were crash sites. They respawn every 30 mins, and have good loot overall.

23sbq8i.jpg

Great Scott those moon rays are strong!

qsuk9c.jpg

The only thing I'm sad that I lost was my Engraved 1911 with pristine suppressor and a mag, with spare ammo. Favorite weapon in the game...

2vtwaac.jpg

• Like 4

F11'd my 3pp guy so I could catch the end of the treading water challenge.

0:35 cold

0:38 shaking

1:35 unconscious

The cold never progressed past shaking, it was actually starving that got him. You can not interact with an unconscious player in the water in any way.

Don't pass out in the water

Edited by BCBasher
  • Like 4

6 minutes ago, odin_lowe said:

fter starting fresh again in Elektro, I made my way to my usual spot in the Green Mountain surroundings, stopping at a few villages here and there. I decided to back-track after 40 mins to see what had happened to stuff I left prior to being KoS. 

It seems "persistence" is fucked-up, as everything I had left or switched was still there, and nothing new had spawned. So we can agree that the 30 mins timer for despawning items doesn't work right now, either for items that were not manipulated by any players, or anything left on the ground from players, no matter the condition.

*snip*

I

I'll redo my my work from last night if I can, I lapped Skalitisy most of the afternoon and evening yesterday on one server and stuff was pretty much clockwork half hour and poof. I cut all raincoats into armbands and dropped them killing and cooking chicken scrounging anything useful for other stuff. Armbands were almost always gone 30 minutes later, lingering too close may or may not delay it though. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, BCBasher said:

I'll redo my my work from last night if I can, I lapped Skalitisy most of the afternoon and evening yesterday on one server and stuff was pretty much clockwork half hour and poof. I cut all raincoats into armbands and dropped them killing and cooking chicken scrounging anything useful for other stuff. Armbands were almost always gone 30 minutes later, lingering too close may or may not delay it though. 

I've never seen a player so dedicated to Skalisty! I used to spend a LOT of time there, and in fact hosted a holiday party there back in 2014 just before Christmas. This was before the island changed in 0.53. I kind of miss humble old Skalisty :(

• Like 7

18 minutes ago, BCBasher said:

That's interesting. I dropped weapons, ammo, food, clothing, accessories (fishing hooks, compass, lockpicks, etc.) and after 40 mins (44 exactly) I started to backtrack and every single item I had left was still there, and the items I came across but didn't pick were also still there. About an hour and a half had passed when I finally made it all the way to my starting point. This was on 1PP AUS server. 

I've stopped now but I'll try to do more tests tonight. Also, rubberbanding was back in Elektro when I respawned, but as I left the town, it was gone.

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, Tatanko said:

I've never seen a player so dedicated to Skalisty! I used to spend a LOT of time there, and in fact hosted a holiday party there back in 2014 just before Christmas. This was before the island changed in 0.53. I kind of miss humble old Skalisty :(

It's more of an ocd thing I love repetitive tasks more than the place, I used to prefer Tulga because I didn't have to rely on a barrel spawning there The sight lines and interest changed too much with the overhaul to comfortably run circles and avoid contact there, with only one spawn point that I can see from most of my route my little island is a better choice. Watching the loot respawn and how area size and and diligent scrounging can sustain an individual is entertaining to me. My playstyle/attitude is that of a person who didn't really care that the old world died and just plugs away at his day to day routine adapting to his surroundings and taking trips when he's bored and can afford it. 

19 minutes ago, odin_lowe said:

That's interesting. I dropped weapons, ammo, food, clothing, accessories (fishing hooks, compass, lockpicks, etc.) and after 40 mins (44 exactly) I started to backtrack and every single item I had left was still there, and the items I came across but didn't pick were also still there. About an hour and a half had passed when I finally made it all the way to my starting point. This was on 1PP AUS server. 

I've stopped now but I'll try to do more tests tonight. Also, rubberbanding was back in Elektro when I respawned, but as I left the town, it was gone.

I'm gonna go do some yard work and stretch my legs IRL but later will do my routine and check the video for timing. I did cut a bunch of armbands on my route today before my last boot so I have a start. I play on the AUS 1pp too in spite of the ping because it seems to settle down in my primetime.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Tatanko said:

Was your party really that long ago?  Wow, time flies.  That was one of the most unique experiences I've ever had playing DayZ, and that's saying a lot.

First chance I've had to jump on for more than a hour in over a week now.  If I find a grenade I'd like to see if the wall at Prison island can still be blown up.  I haven't been there this patch so I don't know if anything spawns there but I've been lucky with seeds lately.  Hopefully I can start a prison garden.  I'll also check out if you can still glitch onto the roof.

• Like 3

I was running a looting route in the North with a mountain backpack in my hands and found loot was respawning for the most part.

Some places seemed to have a mix of new and old items while others had all new items.

Green guard posts will go from having 4 fire arms to having mostly stun batons, or mostly trench shovels.

In just a few hours I had storage and many of the basics of our camp back up again.

If I play later maybe I'll get into more risky endeavors.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, BCBasher said:

my little island is a better choice.

Speaking of little islands, do you ever use this one? https://dayz.gamepedia.com/Paradise_Rock

1 hour ago, IReadTheAgreement said:

Was your party really that long ago?  Wow, time flies.  That was one of the most unique experiences I've ever had playing DayZ, and that's saying a lot.

I'm actually referring to one that happened before the event you did security for, though that one was fun as well. That was Otmel.

This is the party on Skalisty I'm referring to, (which Odin was in attendance for, I believe): http://imgur.com/a/sXdYx

Edited by Tatanko
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Tatanko said:

I'm actually referring to one that happened before the event you did security for, though that one was fun as well. That was Otmel.

This is the party on Skalisty I'm referring to, (which Odin was in attendance for!): http://imgur.com/a/sXdYx

Ahh ok.  Wish I could have gone to that one.  I actually didn't do security at Otmel.  Was just a guest.  That was when we all got firebombed by hackers.  When .60 hits stable you should consider doing another one.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Tatanko said:

Speaking of little islands, do you ever use this one? https://dayz.gamepedia.com/Paradise_Rock

*snip*

Yep, stopped there to cook the chicken on my way back from a jaunt to Tulga last night. A nice little stop off for the swim, cook, swim required to beat the heat these days.  

Edited by BCBasher

Wow, had the most amazing experience ive had in 1000hours to date this evening! Spawned in at solnichiny, trying to gear up, the usge... Real slim pickin's, couldnt find a shirt for ages, so strolled up to dolina and thought i'd have some better luck there. Just as I came into the town, I spotted another player literally 5 feet from me( Im gonna call this guy Fred for the sake of the story), and by some Christmas miracle, this bloke did not spot me! Fred looked fairly geared for a freshie, double carrying, blue mountain backpack and a carnival mask, so I backed off, and watched him loot the police station. Didnt really feel like talking today as im waiting on a new mic, because the last few people I talked to couldnt hear me and said I sounded like an incoherent robot, so basically want to avoid the awkward non-conversation that keeps happening as people think im trolling them with a sound board.

Anyway I decided to follow this bloke, with only pants and a scoped winchester I found in Dolina. Tbh, I basically decided I was going to kill this guy on the spot and take his backpack when the opportunity arose, something I never usually do. So I followed this guy west, as he cut over to shakovka and then guglovo, and I tried to constantly sneak into houses ahead and behind him, looking for a weapon or some ammo! I had collected a small armament of weapons and ammo, none of which could even load a singe round, so I thought this might be a lost cause. I watched him head into Novy Sobor and it looked like he was bee-lining for the police station, so I thought id skip Novy and quickly loot Stary Mil barracks, get a gun, and then, finalllly kill this guy!! Yet again, iven now managed to add to the vast colection of non-useful weapons and ammo, finding nothing of value at the barracks... And as I was thinking about waiting in a corner and punching him as he walked in, I heard footsteps outside. There was 2 completely random people running around! So i made a break for the tree line instead, and sure enough, just as I reach the trees and turn back, over the horizon here comes my friend! Shots start going off and old mate Fred has actually managed to spot and kill these two people before they had a clue what happened! Fred gets ulta-sooper geared and heads for Kabinino, probably on his way to NWAF. Tried looting the bodies after he left but it was all ruined...

Anyway, I caught up with fred at Kabinino, and sure enough Fred had 2 friends, who now gave him a red armband... Things were looking grim, and even though I still have no ammo, the odds of me killing this bloke are not shaping up well... Follow Fred & friends and manage to loot along the west of the airfield as they loot along the east, keeping an eye on them. At the end of the runway, I stopped uphill overlooking the tents, and watched with blind envy as they cleared the place, taking note of what they were wearing (Fred had switched his mask for a black balyclava and gorka gear, but still had that blue mountain backpack I wanted)... After some time, the happy trio skipped off towards Novaya Petrovka, dripping with gear. So I pegged it into the barracks and found absolutely nothing bar a broken PU scope and a damp apple. I ate the apple. Server restarts just as I finished looting nothing, and I get back in quickly within a few mins... Well....The DayZ god's have parted the heavens and witnessed my struggle, and lying in front of me, is a worn M4 with complementary mag and supressor! Loot the rest of the area and have ~40 rounds for this thing, and every attatchment possible...I had completely given up on fred, but the M4 helped curb my bitterness, so I decided to head over to Zaprudnoe lake to the EastNE. DIdnt realise but Im almost dying of starvation, so I set up camp and got straight to punching chickens with no time to waste. Found a tripod and pot earlier, so I enjoyed some boiled chicken and got my health status back!

Came up with a plan to pass through Novaya down to Sinistok and then check out Tisy on the way back. Its been over an hour since I last saw Fred and ive all but given up on finding this guy... So, as im walking into Novaya, I start looting some of the houses on the right side of the road. Literally a few feet away behind the church, a full scale war has broken out!! I can hear some bloke screaming dont shoot! Dont shoot!  SKS, ak101 and I think Mp5 shots ring out and slaughter this one guy! So I mustered up the courage and snuk round back, real sneaky like... They basically killed this dude, unprovoked, so I decided id try take a few of them out valiantly! The first guy is looting the body, so I shot him in the ass, and then the chest, and then once more in the ass... for good measure! Then managed to peek over the ledge real quick, and got the biggest hail mary of a headshot on the second guy! He ate the dirt so quick he didnt even have time to raise his weapon! I run down to his body... feeling quite anxious, I cant see this last guy!!! Well... I look up, and there in front of me, is Fred, wearing my backpack! Face to face, both of us out in the open, we start strafing, hipfiring & spraying into the air, like trained commando's! Hes managed to hit me twice with the SKS, and ive done roughly the same! My gun jams with a few bullets left, and Fred has run out of ammo too! I initiate a tactical retreat, and fall back to the wall from where I came, desperately trying to reload the gun... And now, Fred is chasing me, hot on my heels, with a giant f**king broadsword!! I managed to unjam the gun, and halt his valiant, yet futile charge, with a wall of bullets! Then I finished him off with my glock, with the crazed smile of a mentally unhinged serial killer on my face! I finalllly got that backpack! 

• Like 13

Finally got to play some yesterday evening. Got into a server on the first try, 59/60, one of the US southcentral. Spawned in Berezino, decided to head to the apts. They have been fps killers for me, in the low teens. I ran all around, through, between them and was pretty consistently in the 40' and 50's. All through Berezino I was pretty steady in the 50's. Still testing different combo's of video settings. No real big hiccups. Even after the server restarted I was able to get into a 57/60 server on the first try, another US southcentral I think. I should really pay attention to what server I'm on. Saw several zombies. Still able to hit through walls. Fairly decent amounts of loot. Definitely seems less than .59 though, which I'm glad to see. Hopefully more tonight. Cheers.

Hopped back in for a quick lap and was still at the castle where I was booted, the weapons I had thrown in the grass were gone, a few new ones replaced them. Took a dive coming down the big scaffold "you are dead" hit respawn as fast as possible and fired up the other computer for a possible gear recovery but get a Skalatisy spawn! Run back to find my standing corpse, is that a thing again? Got back everything except my magnum a sewing kit and matches, I know better than a pistol in the pants. I Finished my run and anything I'd made or swapped was gone, anything that was there already was replaced with something similar in a few hours from when I'd last passed through.   

• Like 2

Another notch on my bow... only ran across three folks this time.

92U1Drd.png

Fog is quite atmospheric but the new nighttime... a bit too much colour.

Spoiler

8AFyd3m.jpg

zaQCDz1.jpg

uRE6oSs.jpg

zRRX7pm.jpg

E2ENu5E.jpg

Many people asked for more colourful nights, but I'm not a big fan of the nighttime colours in 0.60. They are too vibrant, it often looks more like a strange dusk period to me. Old night looked pretty night-like, notwithstanding the constant full moon—I never saw the issue with the loss of colour, that was an intentional feature, and I hope they adjust this at some point.

Spoiler

(New renderer)

9jeCM1t.jpg

Spoiler

(Old renderer)

0AJleQm.jpg

0FpWDsm.jpg

Still issues with Shadowplay (beta) and borked footage.

Edited by -Gews-
  • Like 4

So I've been playing the various experimental 0.60 builds, seeing the new sites and redesigned towns but aside from when I was a new spawn on the coast I never ran into anyone, until today that is.

I'm looting Krasnostav looking for a dual truck wheel for the V3s I found in Klen, the server had just restarted and I was back in only this time my hot keys were all reset! Undaunted I run out of the woods thinking the town was quiet before the restart, it still should be, and moments later as I turn the corner of the Police station do I see a heavily geared, gillie hooded, killer, with his rifles sights on me he fires his first burst of automatic hell-fire, missing!  AK74 in hand I instinctively shoot from the hip and spray him with half my mag taking the bastard down as his second burst connects spraying my blood draining my color dry.

http://imgur.com/aGbUCXP

"Not Cool" I say as I cautiously approach his ragged corpse blood still gushing from my shoulder wound when "KAPOW, Zing!" A mosin shot and a miss, but from where! 

I book it a safe distance, hide and patch up but like hell am I running now. A quick retrace of my escape path and I'm back behind the Police station, crouched, walking very slowly so that I would not be heard when Footsteps! The bastard is close but where! I peak out at the hooded body and nothing but the other direction I can now see a coward running into the tree line wearing a green mountain backpack. I have him in my PS0-1 sights for a second and then lose him, "Damn" I mutter.

http://imgur.com/2TVAHTp

Back at the killers corpse all is ruined except for his well maintained M4. What luck, I think to myself as I claim my prize, count my blessings and start my jog toward the NE airfield still hoping to find a truck wheel and a barrel to store my new toy. But I didn't even had a chance to fire the new gun for minutes later I run into a fresh spawn who let me hold him up a moment to verify that he had nothing to do with my deadly encounter. Well I'm not sure what came over me, maybe I was feeling lucky to be alive so I decided to hand over that bloody M4, partial mag and all, to my new friend here and wish him on his way.

http://imgur.com/fP2H30Y

The gods must have smiled upon me twice that day for it wasn't long before I found the pristine double wheel that I needed. Too bad my truck driving skills had waned and I promptly hit a tree :)

http://imgur.com/vriOk0R

Edited by starvingart
typo
  • Like 6

Got bored and made a swim to Drakon Island to try out my new binoculars, laid there for an hour with hot chicken guts in my pockets and didn't see anything. Figured I'd check out the new north Elektro while I was there, the church is nice but looks too clean and gosh are the yards tight in the new row of houses it made me claustrophobic. Got in a pickaxe fight with an infected at the mini storage lost some blood but won, they've sure got some reach. Saw the police station as I was making my way back to the water and figured why not? I shut the front and two of the back doors found zero loot then I hear some infected agro and hit at something then a door opens.

Pretty sure he's stopped following me a long time ago but I still went for the awesome finish to the chase.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Tatanko said:

Every time I went there as a fresh spawn, I ended up dying of starvation. I've gone there geared an few times and I nearly died of boredom. Personally, I don't see the attraction, but as they say in the car business, "There's An Ass For Every Seat!"

• Like 2

5 hours ago, BCBasher said:

Took a dive coming down the big scaffold "you are dead" hit respawn as fast as possible and fired up the other computer for a possible gear recovery but get a Skalatisy spawn! Run back to find my standing corpse, is that a thing again? 

Going all the way back to the mod I've come across a few people who were dead but standing up fully geared, and they scare the hell out of me. A few were near buildings where they could have fallen though there is no evidence for it and one several months ago was standing dead in the new barracks so it isn't always assoiciated with falling.

So long story short it is a thing.

• Like 3

I am so happy they fixed the MP5 iron sights. I wonder if the other weapons that can have sights attached, have gotten their iron sights fixed...

giphy.gif

Edited by DJ SGTHornet
Grammar
  • Like 5

Damn, the vehicle immobility bug is no freaking joke in this build.  I came up over a rise and there it was and there I got my 4x glued to the ground.  Both of the vehicles are fully operational but neither one can move.  This bug is one I hope they get fixed soon.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Lorax said:

Going all the way back to the mod I've come across a few people who were dead but standing up fully geared, and they scare the hell out of me. A few were near buildings where they could have fallen though there is no evidence for it and one several months ago was standing dead in the new barracks so it isn't always assoiciated with falling.

So long story short it is a thing.

Yeah I made it up to NWAF and there were standing bodies all over the freaking the place, not fun.  I bailed quick.

• Like 4