SMoss

Exp Update: 0.60.+++

13 minutes ago, The Riddler (DayZ) said:

Just stopping in to catch up on all the posts since I can't play where I live these days. I'm on a really shoddy 4G LTE connection. We are right on the edge where it goes between 3G and 4G LTE consistently but i'm having issues just browsing and trying to watch some videos from people who are experimenting with .60. Anyways, enough about my sad internet or lack of internet......

PLEASE USE MY TEAMSPEAK for .60 gang!!!! There are some of you that already know but for those just wondering into this thread, the TS info is below. Its there for you to use and join up with friends to have fun or actually test .60 as they continue to roll out new versions of it. Really really miss the DayZ community but I will eventually have internet that is stable (probably 6 - 12 months). 

ts.welcometothejungledayz.com    

If you ever need anything regarding the TS, send me a private message on here. I get on the boards almost daily to read and catch up so i'll see your message if you send one. 

Sad to hear of your internet, hope you can play it yourself soon again.

We have been using your TeamSpeak server all the time this patch. For anyone else who wants to team up, feel indeed free to hop on the server. I'm almost always on there when I'm playing 0.60 Experimental and so are some others from the forums. Don't worry, we don't bite but you might lose some health or blood every now and then, for science of course!

• Like 8

Does anybody else here kinda feel like a hopeless booze hound in a one-horse town, where the proprietors of the only liquor store decided to close-up shop and go to mexico for a couple weeks?

• Like 6

9 hours ago, VVarhead said:

Oh wow sweetheart, no need to get all insulted and stuff. I just said I'd like less foodspawns. >.<

I have never ever starved to death in this game, not in any patch, and I'm playing this game since it hit early access. Nobody I know that plays DayZ nor anyone I've ever played with ever starved to death. So I guess I just don't see the issue. At EVERY spawn point there are apple trees nearby, if you are somehow unable to gather apples from them to supply you on the route you're taking then starving is a perfectly acceptable result of this. Not to mention the hundred other ways to get food on the coast.

Nobody dies after a Kilometer of running, in fact, in DayZ you run a whole lot faster than in real-life and also travel a LOT more distance than you'd imagine, so who the fuck does not know what he's spouting?

if reducing the food-spawn rate equals getting rid of such passive-aggressive kiddies like you then I'm even more in favor of it.

Wow, sweetie pie.  Yeah, either you just aren't listening, paying any attention or English is your second language.  This was on experimental, it happened whether you believe it or not.  The servers were taken down and another patch came out pretty quick.  But it did happen.  Most of the people who were even doing experimental then aren't even here anymore, pet.

Edited by barnabus
  • Like 2

give us 0.60 I say!

*holding breath until I get my 0.60*

(edit)
really bad idea

Edited by Luc Tonnerre
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, emuthreat said:

Does anybody else here kinda feel like a hopeless booze hound in a one-horse town, where the proprietors of the only liquor store decided to close-up shop and go to mexico for a couple weeks?

Eugen Harton was sick this week, that is why there was no update.

• Like 1

Doubling the number of experimental servers wasn't a bad idea, but nobody can play now, and I doubt there will be all those extra servers, next month. So in June will there be a lot more experimental testing going, or are we going stable? The status reports states that the frequent crashes have been stopped, so is server-joining the only big problem left? 

My 0.60 experience was brief, but one session lasted a good one hour and played almost entirely in Chernogorsk. I saw a lot of guys with bows hunting chicken or getting chased by infected. I had a gunfight, which I survived (thanks to the 1911 spawning with a mag). I met a stranger and made friends with him. We entered lots of buildings, looking for food and saline. We wanted to go fix a car I'd seen near Elektro in an earlier life. We had a wheel and some parts and lugwrench. Couldn't find a wrench. When we started our journey full of plans to drive to the new locations and get killed, the server crashed. I've been waiting for a chance to play since. All my other tries at joining 0.60 were unsuccessful or comprised of very short sessions.

I noticed some problems with my inventory as I got full. I was carrying a Skorpion, opened a can from the ground, ate and the can stuck to my hands. So I didn't pick up my Skorpion. The server restarted coincidentially and solved the problem. However, then I somehow had problems picking up my cooking pot a minute later. I think that may all have to do with the picking up containers-mechanic that apparently was fixed. It's these moments when I feel odd in Cherno, sitting in a house next to the police station, switching pots and kettles for 10 minutes, before the server crashes for good. 

Apart from that, it felt really good to play at 60 fps. I didn't think it would make such a difference, but yeah it is like playing a new game. I also saw some rain and it seemed to be localized, as I left and entered the "rain volume". When the game is working again, I'll try to keep an empty slot or two in my inventory to avoid glitching again. People new to the game will probably never know, how much of an improvement this version is. There is still so much to explore now, and I'm glad I was able to try it out, at least. If only once everything went well with the update...I think the dev team would do well to work on some contingency plans when an update fails. Perhaps now the bumpy part is over, perhaps it just starts again. At least we'll be playing a different Dayz from now on. It's becoming distinctively its own game now, and I like it.      

Edited by S3V3N
  • Like 9

On 5/28/2016 at 2:29 AM, S3V3N said:

* Snip * 

I agree, and also I doubt we will get 0.60 stable anytime soon. We probably won't be seeing 0.60 on experimental for at least another 1-2 weeks. 

Edited by DJ SGTHornet
Grammar
  • Like 1

On 27/05/2016 at 10:41 AM, barnabus said:

No DayZ for over a week  but a damn good movie recommendation , thanks. 

Edited by BCBasher
  • Like 3

I hate no DayZ for over a week. And I hate this movie because it reminds me of no DayZ for over a week.

• Like 6

6 hours ago, DJ SGTHornet said:

I agree, and also I doubt we will get 0.60 stable anytime soon. We probably will be seeing 0.60 on experimental for at least another 1-2 weeks. 

We probably won't be seeing 0.60 on experimental for at least another 1-2 weeks.)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BlueVelvet said:

We probably won't be seeing 0.60 on experimental for at least another 1-2 weeks.)

This is a reasonable expectation to keep ones sanity but I hope for this coming Wednesday.... :P

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

This is a reasonable expectation to keep ones sanity but I hope for this coming Wednesday.... :P

How can you still speak of sanity? This isn't even madness! THIS IS ALPHA!!!

ye i know that was a bad one :D

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Luc Tonnerre said:

How can you still speak of sanity? This isn't even madness! THIS IS ALPHA!!!

ye i know that was a bad one :D

Who is going to make the "This is alpha!" remix of "This is Sparta!"?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, IMT said:

Who is going to make the "This is alpha!" remix of "This is Sparta!"?

In the remix the guy getting kicked in the pit should be hicks or dean maybe haha

Edited by Dudester100
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, Dudester100 said:

In the remix the guy getting kicked in the pit should be hicks or dean maybe haha

whoa, shots fired!
Now you better run and hide behind a small pinetree before the mods find you. good luck

on topic: Maybe i'll try to do a little remix (good idea IMT) since I am learning youtube stuff and video editing anyway. Want to start a little DayZ series if I get the hang of it.

Edited by Luc Tonnerre
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Luc Tonnerre said:

whoa, shots fired!
Now you better run and hide behind a small pinetree before the mods find you. good luck

on topic: Maybe i'll try to do a little remix (good idea IMT) since I am learning youtube stuff and video editing anyway. Want to start a little DayZ series if I get the hang of it.

I was never here :P

randommanhidingbehindrandomtree_zps784da

• Like 5

12 hours ago, BlueVelvet said:

Oopsie, well, I fixed my grammar error. :P

-snip- and DayZServer.exe versions  -snip-

Please release an offical linux version, when the server files become available to the public. 

When there wont be one it will most likely deny me to run a private server and so possibly be the critical point for me to rethink my attitude for playing dayz 

Edited by .freaK
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Rammit (DayZ) said:

the test server is running 60.133228 now. Maybe we'll get another crack at a new exp today.

Well last weeks rain is over and the sun is shining making it so I can do the outdoor chores I put off, sounds about right.

Edited by BCBasher
  • Like 2

22 hours ago, Luc Tonnerre said:

I hate no DayZ for over a week. And I hate this movie because it reminds me of no DayZ for over a week.

Sorry!

• Like 1

I really hope so 3 week since 4th of May - cross fingers. 

Edited by ori42

no steam DB activity and 17:30 PM... looks like another day without Z

3 minutes ago, barnabus said:

Sorry!

Don't listen to him it was great, it successfully got the wife's reality shows off the TV and put her to sleep. I'm looking forward to watching it again with my kid this evening. 

• Like 1