SMoss

Exp Update: 0.60.+++

8 hours ago, LordBlackwolf said:

Squeakers have found their way to experimental this patch as well so they're not found on just stable anymore.

Maybe, can't tell ... having to undergo the lone wolf experience currently, since my friend isn't up for DayZ anymore, so I guess it all feels somewhat different now (and playing alone is indeed a lot less fun :/). But at least I got to see Tisy

How can you see the amount of people online now - or did they remove it completely?

2 hours ago, emuthreat said:

I wouldn't recommend doing that if you have anything particularly nice on your person.  Restarts will wipe your inventory data, except for the bag itself, when carried in your hands during a server crash.  I haven't felt like testing to see if that is still the case.

Yup, I read that. No matter to me anyway as I am always 100% of the time ready to fire my weapon, unless I am hiding in some bushes and doing something like eating, drinking, bandaging or splinting. I realize some people think it's aggressive etc, but when people decide to shoot me, at least I can shoot back if I have a weapon at the ready. I don't like to die because of lack of shooting back. It has saved me on many occasions, when some bushwacker says hi I'm friendly and I stop and they fire and I fire back and bandage and take their stuff. Someone is really friendly and we are talking, I have my weapon out and ready to defend them from ambush. My weapon is out always! I keep my finger to the side of the trigger to avoid misfire accidents, I only put my finger on the trigger when I am ready to fire. There is no way for me to carry a barrel, unless I am on a 1/50 server lol.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, ori42 said:

How can you see the amount of people online now - or did they remove it completely?

In experimental it would appear that all servers are full 60/60 at all times and when the server crashes it is refilled as quickly as it can allow logins. It seems that once you experience a server crash, you need to completely leave the game and get back in to actually get back onto that server. As a note to everyone, if you find a bug and it appears to crash the server and after you have tested it several times to make sure it is you, please report it and stop doing it lol.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, emuthreat said:

Hunting backpacks are super common now.  Persistence is working now, so don't be afraid to stash a barrel outside a military zone and try running through naked a few times, to see what is spawning.  It's pretty nice.

Understandable, but why naked ??!

imagine a big questionmark over my head"

Man I have to say some of the little things that have been added make a huge difference and are AMAZING, I noticed today that when crawling through grass you actually flatten it making a visible mark. Does that mean we will be able to track people? Or is that only showing up locally? I play on max settings everything alllowable. (Except AA)

Edited by Konfucious K
Forgot a detail

Now after our little swim on 3rd person which we started at the Cherno pier/docks Tatanko and BioHaze got back at Elektro and GaryWalnuts ended up at Prison Island. I told BioHaze that I wanted to try and top that and get back a little closer to Cherno. Here is where I ended up eventually:

Spoiler

V4zvykE.jpg

KFdx1UF.jpg

OZ7zYxz.jpg

JhTt0o0.jpg

ceo4t5S.jpg

Keep in mind, I didn't have any compass or sun to go with, it was at night.

6 hours ago, emuthreat said:

I wouldn't recommend doing that if you have anything particularly nice on your person.  Restarts will wipe your inventory data, except for the bag itself, when carried in your hands during a server crash.  I haven't felt like testing to see if that is still the case.

I believe this is fixed now as my character didn't get wiped last time the server crashed and I had a backpack in my hands.

1 hour ago, Konfucious K said:

Man I have to say some of the little things that have been added make a huge difference and are AMAZING, I noticed today that when crawling through grass you actually flatten it making a visible mark. Does that mean we will be able to track people? Or is that only showing up locally? I play on max settings everything alllowable. (Except AA)

To be honest this has been in as long as I play DayZ. The grass goes up after a few minutes so you can't track people that way.

Edited by IMT
  • Like 8

19 minutes ago, IMT said:

\Here is where I ended up eventually:

Wow, exactly where we started!

I managed to use the stars to get home.

I used the constellations successfully for the first time, out of necessity just to get myself home.  I knew that the little dipper (Ursa Minor) has Polaris, the North Star in it. But that disappeared below the horizon quickly for me, so I used these other two (which I don't know the names of) for a northern reference.  I was quite confident that it would get me home and that was when I realized that I has my compass in my hotbar, which I could see with the tilde key DOH!  It's a good thing I didn't see that earlier or I would've missed out on learning something useful.

yUJHEuW.jpg

QFGkNXQ.jpg

Day after day, day after day, stuck with no breath or motion

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean

PmvM1PS.jpg

LAND HO!

The albatross fell off and sank like lead into the sea.

Even though it wasn't very eventful, it still felt like a great adventure.  I've never been so happy to see Prison Island.

• Like 7

Guys, I wasn't able to join a experimental server yet.

I try the spam connect trick on servers that have 0/60, and when I do it at some point the loading screen appears, without the "Joining Game...". Though, it stays like that forever, and when I click enter it says "Failed to connect."

Is it me or do I have to keep trying? Cause I tried quite a few times.

2 minutes ago, GaryWalnuts said:

Wow, exactly where we started!

I managed to use the stars to get home.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Even though it wasn't very eventful, it still felt like a great adventure.  I've never been so happy to see Prison Island.

I just spawned in and didn't touch the mouse and double tapped alt. I saw a reference points in the star (4 of 5 five stars really close together). I check where those stars were to the right of my screen and tried to line them perfectly up to the left of my screen and started swimming. That's how I got back exactly at Cherno haha.

6 minutes ago, IMT said:

I just spawned in and didn't touch the mouse and double tapped alt. I saw a reference points in the star (4 of 5 five stars really close together). I check where those stars were to the right of my screen and tried to line them perfectly up to the left of my screen and started swimming. That's how I got back exactly at Cherno haha.

Remind me next time just to follow you :)

• Like 1

Okay, solved the problem. But now I have a new one. How the hell do you change keybinds? It doesn't work when I try. It always goes back to what it was before when I check.

2 minutes ago, UnrealUndead said:

Okay, solved the problem. But now I have a new one. How the hell do you change keybinds? It doesn't work when I try. It always goes back to what it was before when I check.

As far as I know of there isn't a way to change them currently in game. 

19 hours ago, IReadTheAgreement said:

Got in on Friday night and kept playing til Saturday morning.  Slept a bit and just started again.  I've had a notepad to my right the entire time to write down bugs.  Loving this patch.  Now to finally check out Tisy.

Glad to see you back! :)

20 minutes ago, UnrealUndead said:

Check to make sure your config files (DayZ.cfg and [YourName].cfg in the DayZ folder of Documents) aren't set to "Read-Only," and if they aren't, try deleting them and letting the game make new ones next time you launch. You WILL lose your existing settings, so make note of them first. Fresh new .cfg files seem to cure the problem of not being able to save your settings, at least in most cases (still can't save HDR to "Low" no matter what, for example).

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, UnrealUndead said:

So, when can we expect stable? I can't wait. This game is actually playable now!

Here's what Brian said in last week's Status Report:

We have several blocking issues holding us back from pushing 0.60 to stable branch. Let's take a quick look at some of them below:

- Error Messages when picking up any item with attachments that has been placed on the ground, and then moved to inventory
- Player Item Loss when logging off while holding backpack
- Several server crashes causing VERY short server uptime
- Client crashes when navigating certain coastal cities
- Weapon Attachments twitching randomly out of sync with weapon and player hands
- Client stuck on black screen after launching PC in some configurations
- Players seeing other players stuck in climbing animation in some situations
- Client crash after exiting to Main Menu in some configurations
- Character unable to see their clothing after initial spawn and login
- Client Crash when connecting to a new server
- Roads visible through some objects
- And more..

We've fortunately been able to squash several issues related to disappearing items after swapping, some blocking issues preventing some players from starting the client at all, and rolled out some new debug logs to help the programming team to analyze existing server crashes.

Some of this has been fixed already I believe, but the list is far from complete. Most importantly, everything past build 132940 seems to cause the servers to crash quite frequently, so that needs resolved for sure.

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, Tatanko said:

Here's what Brian said in last week's Status Report:

Some of this has been fixed already I believe, but the list is far from complete. Most importantly, everything past build 132940 seems to cause the servers to crash quite frequently, so that needs resolved for sure.

Wish I could somehow help and narrow down these crashes. It will be a relieve for the developers and the players when the cause is found!

• Like 2

I've been traveling, so it hasn't been easy to hop on, lately.

I did manage to get on last night. I initially spawned naked on the beach. I was kind of surprised to see this, but it didn't matter much, because I got booted off of the server, before I had an opportunity to make a stone knife.

Next, I spawned near the railroad tracks. Not sure where exactly, because I didn't have a clear view of the beach and the fog was heavy. I never had a chance to figure it out, because I got booted from the server within thirty seconds.

Next, I spawned naked and afraid under the bridge. My naked spawn-mate wanted to fight, but I was more interested in exploring. I quickly found a hoe, but I couldn't put it on my back. I found an apple tree, but I had to drop the hoe, in order to search for apples. The server lag was horrendous! When I clicked on, "Search for Apples" my character would not initiate the action for 30-45 seconds. I had the same lag when trying to eat an apple. I actually spent several minutes just trying to eat an apple and it became very frustrating. I'm normally very patient, as most of us Experimental veterans tend to be, but when you're naked, freezing, hungry, thirsty, standing in plain view and your character becomes unresponsive, anxiety starts to kick in. In a span of about ten minutes I found four apples and only managed to eat one, before I gave up and logged.

I spawned naked, with no hoe and no apples and got kicked from the server in approximately thirty seconds - no message received!

By this time, I figured that someone was trying to tell me something, so I decided to give it a rest. Perhaps I'll have better luck tonight.

EDIT: I probably should mention that the first time that I booted the game, it immediately crashed. I could hear the sound of the surf and birds tweeting, but I had a black screen, from which I could not recover. I couldn't alt-tab away from it and I couldn't start the task manager. I had to do a cold reboot of the PC.

Edited by BleedoutBill
  • Like 4

Seems to be that a lot of people are crashing and that the latest iteration had some bad bug in it.

Hoping that they'll squash this tomorrow and pray to God that it'll hit Stable by Wednesday - Friday.

I think this is all a bit overdue, but the game looks fantastic at the moment with the different animations for zombies, randomized gear, and such.

1 hour ago, BleedoutBill said:

I probably should mention that the first time that I booted the game, it immediately crashed. I could hear the sound of the surf and birds tweeting, but I had a black screen, from which I could not recover. I couldn't alt-tab away from it and I couldn't start the task manager. I had to do a cold reboot of the PC.

That's the issue I've been dealing with intermittently since Day 1 of 0.60 Experimental :(

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Tatanko said:

That's the issue I've been dealing with intermittently since Day 1 of 0.60 Experimental :(

Uhm, you sure you can't ctrl + alt + del to get into windows and then tab back into the game?

I get the black screen aswell and even though alt + tab doesn't work I still can use ctrl + alt + del to get back into the start screen.

Edited by Luc Tonnerre