SMoss

Exp Update: 0.60.+++

7 minutes ago, Tatanko said:

Nothing like Debug Island. We were searching for something more akin to the Grass Pyramid out in the water... a terrain glitch of sorts, within the traditional bounds of the map.

Within the map? Cool. I know there are some little circular pads out there but so far they've been too far to reach (9 h+).

• Like 3

sw 02  1p  played for about 50 minutes and then restart after restart up for 2 min....1 min....30 secs...gag

• Like 1

2 hours ago, -Gews- said:

Within the map? Cool. I know there are some little circular pads out there but so far they've been too far to reach (9 h+).

Clear your PMs ;)

Hmm it says 1 friend is on that server...I think that is my clone maybe? Maybe I am crashing it lol. I'm switching servers.

Got in on Friday night and kept playing til Saturday morning.  Slept a bit and just started again.  I've had a notepad to my right the entire time to write down bugs.  Loving this patch.  Now to finally check out Tisy.

• Like 2

Flares should make good wolf and bear deterrents.

Bear grade pepper spray be a welcome addition too.

Thank you.

3 hours ago, Tatanko said:

Clear your PMs ;)

Sure thing.

There are some gems in there:

l0nIHPX.png

Edit:

@Tatanko

I deleted a couple, but I didn't realize that my inbox was still full.

Never knew this was a thing:

EGhkOXu.png

Edited by -Gews-
  • Like 7

8 hours ago, AnonymousTaurus said:

I think me will come back when either the hype train chugs to its inevitable next title for awhile, or just wait for stable. .

Don't. Generally stable holds even more people, for whom the keyboard is limited to the pull-trigger-button. If you are looking for anything beyond that, play experimental.

2 hours ago, Noctoras said:

Don't. Generally stable holds even more people, for whom the keyboard is limited to the pull-trigger-button. If you are looking for anything beyond that, play experimental.

Squeakers have found their way to experimental this patch as well so they're not found on just stable anymore.

• Like 2

Planted pumpkins, crash..planted pumpkins..crash...planted the last seeds...ah pumpkins!!!!!!!!!You are stuffed! Stuffed 3 times, still not energized.

Edited by Excanto
  • Like 2

Wow that was a long run. I switched the hunting jacket summer for the spring and instantly my healthy status appeared? Coincidence maybe. Spring is aweful and of course summer vanished. lol. 40 pumpkin seeds, shovel, 3 bottles "yeah" . Now do I go sneak around in the hills or go to a military base and try to get some better clothes and weapons..gulp. Time for some dinner and a stretch. 2 Hours of play on sw 02 1p and never saw or heard anything. I suppose if I run around the helicopter crash sites or any bases I will get shot up pretty fast. My hunting backpack feels like a rare prize.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, barnabus said:

See?  New patch today.  You should know better brother, you have been around here long enough. 

No I didn't see because I was at work and my Saturday boss is very anti-smartphone.

I need a breathalizer on my computer that detects whether there's enough caffeine and not too much alcohol in my system before allowing me to post on message boards as a genera rule.

Now I do know what I'm doing Sunday evening :)

Sorry for my outburst(s). 

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Excanto said:

Wow that was a long run. I switched the hunting jacket summer for the spring and instantly my healthy status appeared? Coincidence maybe. Spring is aweful and of course summer vanished. lol. 40 pumpkin seeds, shovel, 3 bottles "yeah" . Now do I go sneak around in the hills or go to a military base and try to get some better clothes and weapons..gulp. Time for some dinner and a stretch. 2 Hours of play on sw 02 1p and never saw or heard anything. I suppose if I run around the helicopter crash sites or any bases I will get shot up pretty fast. My hunting backpack feels like a rare prize.

Hunting backpacks are super common now.  Persistence is working now, so don't be afraid to stash a barrel outside a military zone and try running through naked a few times, to see what is spawning.  It's pretty nice.

• Like 2

Only problem with my luck is, I drop everything and run through a base and the server crashes and goes offline for a few days and I never see my stuff again. :-D

14 minutes ago, Excanto said:

Only problem with my luck is, I drop everything and run through a base and the server crashes and goes offline for a few days and I never see my stuff again. :-D

I've lost quite a few things myself due to server crashes/despawning. Has anyone found any 7.62x39 ammo? I believe that's what cr527s use.

• Like 1

Where are assault backpacks and hunting backpacks found now? I have yet to find either of them anywhere.

1 hour ago, LordBlackwolf said:

I've lost quite a few things myself due to server crashes/despawning. Has anyone found any 7.62x39 ammo? I believe that's what cr527s use.

I have passed on the cr527, IZH18, SKS and the AKM because I couldn't find any ammo. When I did find a small handful, I ran all the way back and grabbed the sks, but 15 rounds doesn't last long and ended up going back to single carry trumpet with scope with 125 rounds on my 1P character. I found the ammo in a deerstand and there were two sks rifles in a deerstand about 2 miles away.

2 minutes ago, Excanto said:

I have passed on the cr527, IZH18, SKS and the AKM because I couldn't find any ammo. When I did find a small handful, I ran all the way back and grabbed the sks, but 15 rounds doesn't last long and ended up going back to single carry trumpet with scope with 125 rounds on my 1P character. I found the ammo in a deerstand and there were two sks rifles in a deerstand about 2 miles away.

I recently managed to find a 75 round drum for an akm during my brief visit to one of the military bases so if you come across another akm let me know and I'll give it to you. I will start keeping an eye on hunting stands for the ammo though as I've got a cr527 with a magazine and scope on the southwest 0-2 server. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LordBlackwolf said:

Where are assault backpacks and hunting backpacks found now? I have yet to find either of them anywhere.

The hunting backpack I found was in a feedshack and I saw one in another feedshack the other day when I crashed within inches of grabbing it. The Assault backpack I saw was in tent city in the domed barracks with the door. It was on the first upper bunk and was black and all I could do was check it to see it was 32 spots and cool looking and the bullets started ricocheting through the building as I considered changing from my mountain backpack.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, LordBlackwolf said:

I recently managed to find a 75 round drum for an akm during my brief visit to one of the military bases so if you come across another akm let me know and I'll give it to you. I will start keeping an eye on hunting stands for the ammo though as I've got a cr527 with a magazine and scope on the southwest 0-2 server. 

There is almost always an AKM at tent city and NW Airfield. Problem is there are other things there too..lol.

1 minute ago, Excanto said:

The hunting backpack I found was in a feedshack and I saw one in another feedshack the other day when I crashed within inches of grabbing it. The Assault backpack I saw was in tent city in the domed barracks with the door. It was on the first upper bunk and was black and all I could do was check it to see it was 32 spots and cool looking and the bullets started ricocheting through the building as I considered changing from my mountain backpack.

I've learnt a very valuable lesson about changing backpacks at the location I find them as you never know who will come along and try to kill you so it's best to carry it (if possible) to safer location and change there.

• Like 1

Just found a helicopter burning on SC 02 1P at Green Mountain on the North East slope. I must have looked like an infected monkey jumping and weaving and running around. I grabbed an fnx, ak101 and a assault vest and there was still lots of stuff there, but I had no room and was pretty sure bullets were about to hit me any second. My red 9 acted like I had a clip when I loaded it, showed a clip load animation. I accidentally left my M4 in my hands on my 3P character and when I logged in, it showed the loading a magazine animation and the sound ruined my stealthy login situation.  ZZZZzzZZzzzzzzz.

8 minutes ago, LordBlackwolf said:

I've learnt a very valuable lesson about changing backpacks at the location I find them as you never know who will come along and try to kill you so it's best to carry it (if possible) to safer location and change there.

I wouldn't recommend doing that if you have anything particularly nice on your person.  Restarts will wipe your inventory data, except for the bag itself, when carried in your hands during a server crash.  I haven't felt like testing to see if that is still the case.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, emuthreat said:

I wouldn't recommend doing that if you have anything particularly nice on your person.  Restarts will wipe your inventory data, except for the bag itself, when carried in your hands during a server crash.  I haven't felt like testing to see if that is still the case.

Honestly, I'd rather lose my items to a server crash than some squeaker who decided to come along and shoot at me instead of talking to me.

• Like 1